Randolph Duke

768,420 Views | 3764 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by goodAg80
Red Rover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You obviously don't understand. Once they raise money for their $7 billion facilities upgrades and hire Mark Zuckerberg as their head football coach all of the best players will want to go their and they will win all of their games. A&M may think we have lots of revenue just because we are the top in the nation, but we dont know anything (because we are just rednecks). tu has so much money they don't even talk about it (except Randy that writes volumes about it daily) and they will raise $100 trillion over the next 3 years just to show us up. Just wait and see.
tamc91
AG
Not only did almost everything this jackass, the other orange t-shirt morons, and the hoards of media pundits said would happen did not come to fruition, but the exact opposite has actually come true. We have more money, we're kicking their butts in recruiting, and now we have a coach that can field teams tough enough to compete in the SEC West consistently.

T-sip fans were threatened so they had to come up with narratives that made sense in this fragile world of self-importance Delost Dudd convinced them they ruled. Johnny and Sumlin helped put a big crack in their theories. Jimbo is smashing the rest.

Instead of swallowing what little pride they have and moving on, some of these internet geniuses are doubling down on stupid. The fact that Charles now has determined that in just a few years one of the most entitled and fair-weather fanbases is going to open up their purse strings and throw money at this sinking ship is also wrong. They are way behind on most facilities compared to A&M. They need a boatload of cash just to get back on a level playing field, and they need to do it with crappy BDF schedules. I'm excited to see where this goes. You'd think they would realize how wrong they've been for the better part of a decade and just stop, but they're too invested in the fantasy.
PJYoung
AG
BTW their crappy home schedule is going to get worse as they're going away from a marquee non conference home game every year to one every other year.

In the name of wins.

Good luck with that.
Al Bula
AG
tamc91 said:

now we have a coach that can field teams tough enough to compete in the SEC West consistently.
Have I been sleeping all season? Last time I checked we have not competed against any SEC West teams yet.
inconvenient truth
Quote:

last I knew, the university lands were valued at another $8B
does that include their brilliant real estate strategy of investing in superfund sites?
BVAg85
AG
He certainly likes stressing that Aggies know nothing about modern technology. He's done this in the past too. He likes to make it sound like Aggies don't even know what a computer is. Maybe computers will eventually end up in College Station. I think the town will need its first stop light, though, first.
one MEEN Ag
AG
inconvenient truth said:

Quote:

does that include their brilliant real estate strategy of investing in superfund sites?
Besides the obvious joke that the 40 acres is a 'toxic waste dump,' What superfund site are you talking about?
ABATTBQ11
AG
inconvenient truth said:

Quote:

Land value doesn't mean **** if you can't sell it, and they can't. Being landlocked, tu can't afford to sell any of their land or they face a loss of capacity in building square footage. They can't just buy a plot next to them and put new classrooms or admin space on top of it to replace what they sell. That land is also highly valued, but it's ACTUALLY valuable because its owners can sell it and move on. They also can't afford to just start buying property in downtown Austin.

A&M's extensive land holdings CAN be utilized. If we want to add new bindings and new programs, all we need to do is pick a spot. If we want to sell property, there is a ton that doesn't have a critical facility on it.
goodAg80
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

inconvenient truth said:

Quote:

Besides the obvious joke that the 40 acres is a 'toxic waste dump,' What superfund site are you talking about?
https://www.texastribune.org/2016/01/15/its-eyes-new-campus-ut-system-buys-houston-land/

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/03/01/opponents-say-ut-system-houston-campus-wont-proceed/

Quote:

To the north, UT's new campus is also just a (former) Astroworld away from the Sol Lynn/Industrial Transformers Superfund Site, which is still struggling to keep its PCB-laced groundwater to itself.
Unknown_handle
AG
With all of the bloviating and condescension from little randy dukey it must just give him an ulcer to have the proof that a Texas A&M degree is worth more than a degree from our little sister in Austin. The free market says so!

Ags get paid more. Too bad little randy! Should have tried Rice.
Jock 07
AG
bump for randy in case he missed that the eyes of the world were upon College Station today.

ghollow
AG
Got to love Randy. He has like 400 followers on his twitter account. The account we set up for our dog has over twice that. He has his own little group of t-shirt fans who all still live in their mom's basement that must hang on every word he types. He really is a piece of work.
McInnis80
"Randy's" application to Rice would have rejected in half the time it took UT to flush Patch's ap. All joking aside, admission to UT (and A&M) were much different then than now.
MooreTrucker
AG
True. Even most of the online dwelling (surly, OB, etc) sips don't associate with him anymore.
WestAustinAg
AG
I feel bad for doing this to him...

BESCo91
AG
Suicide hotline......oh damn, still laughing.
Skull Session
Looks like we are THE University in the STATE of TEXAS! That divorce was the best thing that ever happened to us! Never associate with them again. Getting back in bed with them would be worse than shacking up with a VD ridden Texas Tech coed.
HTownAg98
I'd take my chances with the tceh coed with VD. Some of that stuff is curable.
McInnis80
So those mean 'ole Aggies tricked Bush? Next thing that happens is that A&M will buy a Superfund site for a new campus.
BVAg85
AG
The attention a&m received this past week with the Bush funeral has probably taken a couple of years off of RD's life. Any positive press about a&m has to immediately be addressed. He needs to make sure the country knows what **** is really like. OMG, he really has issues.
goodAg80
AG
McInnis80 said:

So those mean 'ole Aggies tricked Bush? Next thing that happens is that A&M will buy a Superfund site for a new campus.
I am afraid this will go over most people's heads here.

ClassOf17
Did he ever get the politicians and all of them after the Seahawks lawsuit like he said he would?
McInnis80
"We have considered all of Satterfield's remaining arguments and found them to be without merit."
88jrt06
AG
goodAg80 said:

McInnis80 said:

I am afraid this will go over most people's heads here.

Rumors are the cleaned-up Brownfield might bring as little as $100 million; paid $200 million what, 5 years ago? Charles, that's the sip math your AD's been using for years.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Randy is busy spouting bull**** this morning:

dixichkn
AG
He used to be good for a laugh. Now he honestly just reminds me of Hitler as the Allies were barreling in on Berlin. Sad and broken. He needs to just go down in the bunker with Deloss and take the damn pill. For his own good.
Uncle Howdy
S
Great Beard of Zeus said:

Randy is busy spouting bull**** this morning:

I would respond with this, but I don't want that nutjob to know my twitter handle

realestateguru
AG
That nut job got it all wrong again.

https://data.chronicle.com/category/state/Texas/faculty-salaries/
BVAg85
AG
realestateguru said:

That nut job got it all wrong again.

https://data.chronicle.com/category/state/Texas/faculty-salaries/

This list has the school in Austin way down the list. Behind us, cougar high, Baylor, tcu, & tceh.
Dr. Nefario
And the only schools on the list above us are medical schools, which pay more for obvious reasons, or are located in major urban areas where cost of living is significantly higher than College Station.
Flexbone
An 8 figure debt?

WTF is he talking about?
BQ_90
AG
I'm assuming he's talking about the "loan" Gates gave Byrne to clean house about 15 years ago when the Athletic department didn't have the cash to fire bunch of coaches.
MooreTrucker
AG
BQ_90 said:

I'm assuming he's talking about the "loan" Gates gave Byrne to clean house about 15 years ago when the Athletic department didn't have the cash to fire bunch of coaches.
And that's been cleared, correct?
Son_Of_Fanatic
If ever there was a person who the phrase, "living rent free inside your brain," was meant for, randy is that person. The only place you typically see people with this kind of neurosis is if you are in a psychological ward of a hospital or maximum security prison. I know a person who worked in the Jester 4 unit In Richmond/Sugar Land. I showed her some of the stuff ol Randy has said she said the similarities between some of the stuff she dealt with in that unit and Randy is a bit alarming.
Wildmen03
AG
I recommend that Randy watch this video.

Mostly because his head would explode and we'd finally be rid of him.

First Page Last Page
Page 96 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.