Randolph Duke

768,453 Views | 3764 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by goodAg80
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
goodAg80 said:

And Randy, whenever you have to drop names to act like you are important and "in the know" then you are neither.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
dermdoc struck a nerve with this thread
Over 3k
Bottlehead90
AG
Like randy knows what it is like to be the smartest person in the room.

Keep typing randy
Biz Ag
AG
Longhorns Troubled by School Song's Past

Quote:

"The Eyes of Texas" debuted May 12, 1903, at the Hancock Opera House on West Sixth Street. Performed by a quartet of blackface students, accompanied by Sinclair on the banjo, it was apparently an immediate hit with the audience.
Take that, Randy, you worthless sack of sheet.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Got my buddy with a twitter on it:

PJYoung
AG
Quote:

I still don't understand why anyone gives two ****s about how much an athletic department makes.

We've been making money for years, with nothing to show for it.

Hell, we might be better off with a lot less money and a lot more staff, coaches, ND players knowing how to win... maybe.
Quote:

Randolph Duke: I laugh at **** talking about "profit." Universities are government entities. Government isn't intended to generate profit. It is supposed to balance revenues taken from taxpayers with cost of services. If the Texas DPS reported record "profit" the taxpayers wouldn't be thrilled about it. If they are generating excess funds, the legislature needs to cut their appropriations.

And **** still hasn't paid back the loan they have owed the academic side since 2006. They are paying it back at a rate of $1.6 mil/yr and aren't scheduled to pay it off until 2028. If they were making so much money, they should pay back the academic side that debt.

PJYoung
AG
Quote:

Quote:

RD taking this rather well. I'd have guessed you'd be stroke'd the **** out after this news.
Also, you're a ****ing ****** if you talk about how rich your school's athletic dept is. Brag about wins. If you need to resort to bragging about something other than wins, go to academic smack...that beats the hell out of the:
'we're rich!' <but I'm a poor dumb**** blowing dudes for cigarettes>
And, you guys rightfully hold bragging rights over ags/sooners etc on the academic side...now go beat usc.
I've spent my career in the financial world. I took vacation this week to hang out with friends. Had lunch today with a kid whose father I knew extremely well. The kid is graduating from college this year. He wanted to know who his dad was. I really haven't given college football, Tom Herman, Texas Redneck University or how much profit any college football team generated from 2014-2016 much thought today up until now.

College football is a game. Dan Jenkins summed a lot up when he explained that football in the SEC means so much to the fans because those fans have nothing else in life. He asked what the state of Alabama would be without Univ of Alabama football. Well, what would **** be without **** football?

A&M shows the "profit" they do because they won't pay the academic side back the loan they have owed for over a decade. Texas shows the "profit" they do because the athletics department sends well over $10 million/yr to the academic side. Football is great, but when the kids get a lesser education because the alumni have such little else in life, something is ****ed up.

I certainly am not going to stroke out because of an article in Forbes that oversimplifies the larger issue of trying to help kids get a quality education and have a great time. A&M is a glorified vocational school. Anyone who understand the bigger picture would be saying "Great, what's next? How do we improve on this?" Instead, **** is whooping it up, swimming in the affirmation that being **** is acceptable. They did the exact same thing after Manziel won the Heisman. They don't build on success. Because they are ****.

Like I said, this week is vacation for me. I spent the day visiting friends and talking to some kids of friends I knew well. This isn't the day for me to be dealing with **** dumb****ery. They need to pay back their academic side and start pumping $10 mil+ to the academic side each year from their athletics riches. I'll just leave it at that.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

I've spent my career in the financial world.

Laughing crying laughing crying laughing crying......
Muy
AG
Randolph thinks A&M kids "get a lesser education"? This guy is a psychopath.
Joe Exotic
AG
I like how he now pretends to not care about college football since he knows the trajectory of the two programs.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bo Darville said:

I like how he now pretends to not care about college football since he knows the trajectory of the two programs.
"Yeah, well, I didn't really want to go to A&M anyway, so there."
goodAg80
AG
PJYoung said:

Quote:

Quote:

RD taking this rather well. I'd have guessed you'd be stroke'd the **** out after this news.
Also, you're a ****ing ****** if you talk about how rich your school's athletic dept is. Brag about wins. If you need to resort to bragging about something other than wins, go to academic smack...that beats the hell out of the:
'we're rich!' <but I'm a poor dumb**** blowing dudes for cigarettes>
And, you guys rightfully hold bragging rights over ags/sooners etc on the academic side...now go beat usc.
I've spent my career in the financial world. I took vacation this week to hang out with friends. Had lunch today with a kid whose father I knew extremely well. The kid is graduating from college this year. He wanted to know who his dad was. I really haven't given college football, Tom Herman, Texas Redneck University or how much profit any college football team generated from 2014-2016 much thought today up until now.

College football is a game. Dan Jenkins summed a lot up when he explained that football in the SEC means so much to the fans because those fans have nothing else in life. He asked what the state of Alabama would be without Univ of Alabama football. Well, what would **** be without **** football?

A&M shows the "profit" they do because they won't pay the academic side back the loan they have owed for over a decade. Texas shows the "profit" they do because the athletics department sends well over $10 million/yr to the academic side. Football is great, but when the kids get a lesser education because the alumni have such little else in life, something is ****ed up.

I certainly am not going to stroke out because of an article in Forbes that oversimplifies the larger issue of trying to help kids get a quality education and have a great time. A&M is a glorified vocational school. Anyone who understand the bigger picture would be saying "Great, what's next? How do we improve on this?" Instead, **** is whooping it up, swimming in the affirmation that being **** is acceptable. They did the exact same thing after Manziel won the Heisman. They don't build on success. Because they are ****.

Like I said, this week is vacation for me. I spent the day visiting friends and talking to some kids of friends I knew well. This isn't the day for me to be dealing with **** dumb****ery. They need to pay back their academic side and start pumping $10 mil+ to the academic side each year from their athletics riches. I'll just leave it at that.

That's the equivalent of a Surrender Cobra response

MooreTrucker
AG
What is this loan he keeps talking about? I thought that was taken care of already.

And for a finance guy, he sure knows dick about university financing. Athletics and academics are separate, so all of this sacrificing a quality education for football crap is just that. Crap. And as for "****" not having anything else, etc. well, that pic of Perry and the CEO and the Saudi (?) head guy belies that straight up.
Wildmen03
AG
MooreTrucker said:

What is this loan he keeps talking about? I thought that was taken care of already.
I don't think it has been, we are paying back that money with 0% interest so there's no reason to pay it off early. plus I think the athletic department is paying back more than just the loan in the form of support to A&M academics.
kraut
AG
Wildmen03 said:

MooreTrucker said:

I don't think it has been, we are paying back that money with 0% interest so there's no reason to pay it off early. plus I think the athletic department is paying back more than just the loan in the form of support to A&M academics.
As a finance guy, that point seems lost on ol' Randy.
farmersfightatm
Such a crappy education, Randolph!
Oscar Diggs
AG
PJYoung said:

Quote:

I'll just leave

Only part we care about Randy
Bottlehead90
AG
Keep typing Randy!
It shows that you don't care.
Mr Global Warming
So if we take out $10 million per year from our revenue and profit - to make up for the LHN revenue the tu AD is forced to share with tu academic that Randy is combo whining and virtue signaling about - we still end up with more of each than tu.

Great defense, counselor!
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

Randolph thinks A&M kids "get a lesser education"?

Lots of them feel that way. My neighbor is a super old whorn grad that I heard tell another neighbor "Well, A&M lets anybody in and is much easier. A glorified high school, really."

We are not flag people, but he is the reason I started hanging flags on gamedays. I now have 3 and should probably get an SEC one, too, just to irritate him.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
schwack schwack said:

Quote:

Lots of them feel that way. My neighbor is a super old whorn grad that I heard tell another neighbor "Well, A&M lets anybody in and is much easier. A glorified high school, really."

We are not flag people, but he is the reason I started hanging flags on gamedays. I now have 3 and should probably get an SEC one, too, just to irritate him.

They are ranked 38th and us 40th in the USNWR rankings. Essentially the same.
PJYoung
AG
Champ Bailey said:

schwack schwack said:

Quote:

They are ranked 38th and us 40th in the USNWR rankings. Essentially the same.

Wow it had been a while since I checked. I assumed they were top 20 and we were around 45+ now as we've grown. Amazing.
Muy
AG
schwack schwack said:

Quote:

Someone told him about auto qualify class rankings and he's too stupid to realize that doesn't mean that tu gets the top 7 and A&M gets 8-10.
PJYoung
AG
Quote:

I mentioned this morning that the actual TAMU College Station dowment, as reported by the university and verified by their auditors in the NCAA financial filings, is a little over $400 million, the rest of their claimed endowment is an interest in the PUF they claim pursuant to their status as a branch of The University of Texas. No PUF money is part of the A&M endowment. The PUF funds the AUF, which in turn distributes money to the respective systems. So, the **** claim their endowment incluses PUF money is pure **** bull***** It is the TAMU system that gets the money, not exclusively the College Station campus. UT recognized this distinction and claims no PUF money whatsoever in reporting endowment figures.

For the record, as of July 31, 2018, UTIMCO was managing $44.9B, of which only $21.8B was PUF money (last I knew, the university lands were valued at another $8B).I haven't seen any recent production or royalty reports, but around $1B of new money is added to the PUF every year in addition to investment income.

One little bit of fun Del Conte is having these days deals with the alumni around Austin in the tech world. Here is something most ****s have no clue of.

George Kozmetzky was a former GI who used his GI Bill benefits after WWII to go to Harvard Business School. Afterward, he worked for Howard Hughes at Hughes Aircraft as a computer geek and then founded Teledyne. In the 1970s, he was dean of UT's business school and pushed the university into the computer age. Kozmetzky worked with Bobby Inman to build UT's computer science program. Inman was a guy who served as Director of Naval Intelligence, the #2 at the Defense Intelligence Agency, Director of NSA, and #2 at CIA. In the early 1980s, Inman used his connections to bring MCC to Austin. MCC lead to Sematech. And from that sprung the technology industry that is currently driving the Austin economy.

So a lot of the tech industry in Austin sprung up between 1975 and 1990.

Do the math and figure out the ages of the people who were starting their careers back in 1975. Dell started building his computers from his dorm room in Dobie around 1982. He is sitting on about $25B. Think of how many of those Austin computer hippies are getting ready to cash it in, call it a career, and then start managing their intergenerational wealth. How many billions do you think are going to change hands in the hills around Austin over the next 20 years. And which educational institution do you think will be the recipient of the charitable education donations associated with that money?

As it stands today, aside from tuition, considering only federal, state, and institutional funds, UT is funded at about $43k/student every year. At A&M, that figure is less than $20k. One of the biggest battles Fenves, Kay Bailey, Rex, and the rest of the crew are fighting is to get an ironclad guarantee from the legislature that alumni endowment gifts won't be offset by the legislature cutting funding to UT, thus taking away the net benefit of the donation.

Del Conte is raising about $250 mil for the SEZ, about $500 mil for the new basketball arena, and about $400 mil to endow all the sports scholarships. Well over $1B is going to flow through Bellmont in the next few years, in addition to $200 mil/yr in operating income. There is great political concern when that money starts flowing through. UT could easily show $400 mil/yr in just athletics cash flow. And that will be for at least three years in a row. And after that, there will be another capital campaign for the endowment. And, as I said, UTIMCO is already managing $45B (On the other hand ****'s TAMU Foundation, the manager of the actual **** system endowment, has about $1.8B under management)

It is nice the ****s have finally given to update their facilities. I'm glad they are drawing attention their newfound redneck wealth. But it is an entirely different level of wealth to have so much that you dare not speak of it. The legislature is addressing higher education funding in the upcoming session. Once that gets settled, just watch what happens. It will be a fun next 20 years for UT Austin.
goodAg80
AG
PJYoung said:

Quote:

I mentioned this morning that the actual TAMU College Station dowment, as reported by the university and verified by their auditors in the NCAA financial filings, is a little over $400 million, the rest of their claimed endowment is an interest in the PUF they claim pursuant to their status as a branch of The University of Texas. No PUF money is part of the A&M endowment. The PUF funds the AUF, which in turn distributes money to the respective systems. So, the **** claim their endowment incluses PUF money is pure **** bull***** It is the TAMU system that gets the money, not exclusively the College Station campus. UT recognized this distinction and claims no PUF money whatsoever in reporting endowment figures.

For the record, as of July 31, 2018, UTIMCO was managing $44.9B, of which only $21.8B was PUF money (last I knew, the university lands were valued at another $8B).I haven't seen any recent production or royalty reports, but around $1B of new money is added to the PUF every year in addition to investment income.

One little bit of fun Del Conte is having these days deals with the alumni around Austin in the tech world. Here is something most ****s have no clue of.

George Kozmetzky was a former GI who used his GI Bill benefits after WWII to go to Harvard Business School. Afterward, he worked for Howard Hughes at Hughes Aircraft as a computer geek and then founded Teledyne. In the 1970s, he was dean of UT's business school and pushed the university into the computer age. Kozmetzky worked with Bobby Inman to build UT's computer science program. Inman was a guy who served as Director of Naval Intelligence, the #2 at the Defense Intelligence Agency, Director of NSA, and #2 at CIA. In the early 1980s, Inman used his connections to bring MCC to Austin. MCC lead to Sematech. And from that sprung the technology industry that is currently driving the Austin economy.

Do the math and figure out the ages of the people who were starting their careers back in 1975. Dell started building his computers from his dorm room in Dobie around 1982. He is sitting on about $25B. Think of how many of those Austin computer hippies are getting ready to cash it in, call it a career, and then start managing their intergenerational wealth. How many billions do you think are going to change hands in the hills around Austin over the next 20 years. And which educational institution do you think will be the recipient of the charitable education donations associated with that money?

As it stands today, aside from tuition, considering only federal, state, and institutional funds, UT is funded at about $43k/student every year. At A&M, that figure is less than $20k. One of the biggest battles Fenves, Kay Bailey, Rex, and the rest of the crew are fighting is to get an ironclad guarantee from the legislature that alumni endowment gifts won't be offset by the legislature cutting funding to UT, thus taking away the net benefit of the donation.

Del Conte is raising about $250 mil for the SEZ, about $500 mil for the new basketball arena, and about $400 mil to endow all the sports scholarships. Well over $1B is going to flow through Bellmont in the next few years, in addition to $200 mil/yr in operating income. There is great political concern when that money starts flowing through. UT could easily show $400 mil/yr in just athletics cash flow. And that will be for at least three years in a row. And after that, there will be another capital campaign for the endowment. And, as I said, UTIMCO is already managing $45B (On the other hand ****'s TAMU Foundation, the manager of the actual **** system endowment, has about $1.8B under management)

It is nice the ****s have finally given to update their facilities. I'm glad they are drawing attention their newfound redneck wealth. But it is an entirely different level of wealth to have so much that you dare not speak of it. The legislature is addressing higher education funding in the upcoming session. Once that gets settled, just watch what happens. It will be a fun next 20 years for UT Austin.

Sounds like their recruiting fantasy:

But it is an entirely different level of recruiting to have so much that you dare not speak of it
ABATTBQ11
AG
I'll believe that del raises $1 billion in the next few years when I see it. I'll also believe they have a SE end zone when there are butts in seats. Until then, I doubt alumni, even the wealthy ones, are heavily donating to the **** show that is tu athletics, ESPECIALLY football.
usmcbrooks
Does he even believe what he says now?
Mr Global Warming
PJYoung said:

Quote:

After years of claiming that actual financial data was "redneck accounting" Randy is now pulling a 180 and admitting he was full of **** but saying it doesn't matter because tu is maybe going to raise even more money in the future based on currently unproject-able revenue streams and donations?
AlaskanAg99
AG
All that dough and so far they've hired the midget and the grill. Brilliant people.
aTm '99
BVAg85
AG
The fact that this kind of stuff bothers him so much simply shows how pathetic he is. No one in their right mind says the kind of idiotic things that he says and then spends time saying more idiotic things to defend all the previous idiocies.
PPlayboy87
AG
Oh, he hasn't been in his right mind in years. He's diagnosable as psychotic without the slightest doubt. In ye olden days he'd be institutionalized for his and society's protection. Alas, after One Flew Over the ****oo's Nest came out, we shut down most of the mental hospitals, and now they roam freely among us.
p_bubel
Quote:

But it is an entirely different level of wealth to have so much that you dare not speak of it.
The blowhard "Joneses" are now going to shut up?
Cy_Tolliver
We are the number one school in the nation in revenue and profit. It's time that psycho deals with it.

Artimus Gordon
AG
So Ohdell conte is going to raise a billion bucks and ever thang will be great at the farty acres the next 20 years? Okay.

They will still be paying Mack brown, Deloss Dodds, charley strong, and tom Herman 10 plus million dollars a year just to go away. Yet RD keeps bringing up the 10 million we are paying back the university for facilities that are in use now and give us an edge over 99% of college football. Next they will throw 75 million plus a dollar and a pair of suspenders at Gary Patterson just to catch up with the newjones of college football in this state.

And they will still be in the big12 and having their azz handed to them by the Sooners, the Peons of the big12 and the rest of the college football world.

Meanwhile we will be raking in millions and putting plans in motion for the next quantum leap in college athletics. And the sips will still be crying about wanting to play us for the good of their athletic program in order to level the playing field.

Yep there is much to look forward to in sipville the next 20 years, I will grab a bag of popcorn and watch the histrionics of the clown show in austin.
First Page Last Page
Page 95 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.