Randolph Duke

768,931 Views | 3764 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by goodAg80
Riding Pony Upon My Boat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HeyMoe
AG
88jrt06 said:

Oscar Diggs said:

Hi Randy, let's make a deal.

If you can find two legislators to begin the process of passing a Constitutional amendment to end Texas A&M's status as a branch of The University of Texas, segregate the financial assets of the PUF, and leave A&M to our fate by May 31st, 2018, then TexAgs will use our collective power to insure the passage of this amendment.

If you fail, then you agree to let OR set you up for a six month stay at a resort/spa of our choosing where you will get your own room, three meals a day, activities and take little pills from paper shot glasses. If at that end of the six months, the Director of the Resort (abbreviated Dr.) request that you stay a bit longer, then OR will gladly sign the paperwork. Yes, it's a big commitment on our part but I think we can make it work.

It's a fair deal, what say you Randy?

Overruled. Once he loses, we activate Anthony Hopkins and fava beans, skip all that lib $$$ intervention.
That's overruled. Tie him in a sack with a bobcat and throw him in the Brazos.
McInnis80
You know it's bad when posters on both the Shag and Texags both agree that "Randy" is full of it.

Also curious how UT can spend more money than Ohio State and have significantly fewer teams. At one time I read that UT included concerts and other events at the Erwin Center in the Athletic Department P&L.
Wildmen03
AG
McInnis80 said:

You know it's bad when posters on both the Shag and Texags both agree that "Randy" is full of it.

I know I've said this multiple times in this thread, but I'd like Randy to name one thing, just one, that he's said or campaigned about that caused any substantial change or revelation.

This guy has been raving for years and has absolutely nothing to show for it. He is the poster child for poor returns on investment.
Madman
AG
He won a steak dinner from a Michigan grad.

goodAg80
AG
Irish_Man said:

Every time i open this thread i always hope I'm about to read how randy has turned his head into a canoe.
canoe?

I am not familiar with that although it sounds like I would enjoy watching the process.

ProgN
goodAg80 said:

Irish_Man said:

Every time i open this thread i always hope I'm about to read how randy has turned his head into a canoe.
canoe?

I am not familiar with that although it sounds like I would enjoy watching the process.

IE:
ProgN
More Randy gold:

Quote:

You don't understand very much about **** culture, do you?

The **** culture is a very insular culture that places extreme value on bonding social capital and conformity. They don't readily accept innovative ideas and largely choose leaders from within their culture. They use code words such as "Old Army" to refer to the "grand old days." Those "grand old days" are almost always the days when the school was racially segregated and excluded women. The "traditions" are actually largely fabrications which are the basis of a veneration of white, male privilege. They have no "grand traditions" that are focused on the contributions of women alumni. The only African-American of either gender they commemorate on their campus was a graduate of the University of Houston. The mere suggestion of their "Ol' Sarge" cartoon character being represented as an African-American or of women being allowed as cheerleaders during football games would be dismissed without discussion. Their entire culture revolves around the veneration of white, male privilege. This cultural problem has nothing to do with the demographics of the MSA in which they are located.

The culture of UT Austin shares few of the cultural identifiers of the **** culture. The UT Austin culture has long been more progressive, more forward-looking, more willing to embrace (or lead) change. Women have long been included in most, if not all, major cultural positions with the campus culture. The UT Austin culture places far more value on bridging social capital than bonding social capital. There are few traditions within the UT culture that would not be tossed aside in a second, if a reason presented itself. The UT culture, by embracing innovation and change, has offered far more opportunities for advancement and growth and has been a leader in the societal and technological changes the state has experienced over the past half century (if not longer).

To claim today's millennial, urban, minority athletes are equally indifferent to indifferent whether they attempt to blend in insular, rural leaning, culturally dishonest, radically conservative, closed-minded culture over-obsessed with the importance of bonding social capital or a progressive, urban, intellectual culture that embraces the value of bridging social capital is absurd.

I point out my argument was that **** has trouble recruiting in all three major sports and has under-performed schools such as UT, LSU and OU in football as well as UT, Rice, LSU, OU, Baylor, TCU, and Tech in baseball for a reason. Regardless of how much money they borrow for facilities of that they throw at football coaches, they will still have the same inherent, cultural problem. That all the other schools in the same region can out-perform **** without having to resort to such extremes speaks volumes. If **** was truly a desirable destination, they would not have to resort to such extreme measures. **** simply has no choice, due to their cultural baggage.

As for racial sensitivities, I will simply ask one question - if both UT Austin and TAMU hired African-American head football coaches, which of the two coaches do you believe would be most likely to receive threatening, racist hate mail from the school's alumni?

**** suffers from the same problem as BYU - both are culturally inflexible and not willing to change to make those outside their culture more at ease. Either someone (of any race) conforms to their culture, or they are largely ostracized. As long as **** maintains their over-importance on bonding social capital and strongly enforces their cultural norms, they will have a difficult time appealing to those who choose to go through life not wanting to be conformists. Quite a number of young, urban elite athletes nationwide would rather attend college where they are largely accepted for being culturally different than to abandon their cultural identity to embrace all that is redneck, closed-minded and "****."
MooreTrucker
AG
ABATTBQ87
AG
Quote:

As for racial sensitivities, I will simply ask one question - if both UT Austin and TAMU hired African-American head football coaches, which of the two coaches do you believe would be most likely to receive threatening, racist hate mail from the school's alumni?
Any hate mail tallies available?
Wildmen03
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

Quote:

Any hate mail tallies available?
He's just pissed we hired a black head coach before they did.

We also had black football players before they did. We had our first in '67 and they had theirs in '69. They technically had players on the team in '67 and '68 but none of them saw the field.

They famously had the last all white national championship team in '69. They had a black guy on their roster, but didn't play until his sophomore year.

The university was also famously racist during this time as well

Quote:

Head coach Darrell Royal attempted to recruit African-American athletes to play for UT, but many were turned off by the University's reputation for racist tendencies and slow integration.
MooreTrucker
AG
We had a female president fairly recently as well.
Jock 07
AG
forgive me for not paying any attention to the rambling preaching from a fool who supports the bleach bombing of minorities on his campus.
Wildmen03
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Dark times indeed.
MooreTrucker
AG
Wildmen03 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Dark times indeed.
Well yeah, but still....female. And POC, too, right?
whoop91
AG
Prognightmare said:

More Randy gold:

Quote:

The **** culture is a very insular culture that places extreme value on bonding social capital and conformity. They don't readily accept innovative ideas and largely choose leaders from within their culture. They use code words such as "Old Army" to refer to the "grand old days." Those "grand old days" are almost always the days when the school was racially segregated and excluded women. The "traditions" are actually largely fabrications which are the basis of a veneration of white, male privilege. They have no "grand traditions" that are focused on the contributions of women alumni. The only African-American of either gender they commemorate on their campus was a graduate of the University of Houston. The mere suggestion of their "Ol' Sarge" cartoon character being represented as an African-American or of women being allowed as cheerleaders during football games would be dismissed without discussion. Their entire culture revolves around the veneration of white, male privilege. This cultural problem has nothing to do with the demographics of the MSA in which they are located.

The culture of UT Austin shares few of the cultural identifiers of the **** culture. The UT Austin culture has long been more progressive, more forward-looking, more willing to embrace (or lead) change. Women have long been included in most, if not all, major cultural positions with the campus culture. The UT Austin culture places far more value on bridging social capital than bonding social capital. There are few traditions within the UT culture that would not be tossed aside in a second, if a reason presented itself. The UT culture, by embracing innovation and change, has offered far more opportunities for advancement and growth and has been a leader in the societal and technological changes the state has experienced over the past half century (if not longer).

To claim today's millennial, urban, minority athletes are equally indifferent to indifferent whether they attempt to blend in insular, rural leaning, culturally dishonest, radically conservative, closed-minded culture over-obsessed with the importance of bonding social capital or a progressive, urban, intellectual culture that embraces the value of bridging social capital is absurd.

I point out my argument was that **** has trouble recruiting in all three major sports and has under-performed schools such as UT, LSU and OU in football as well as UT, Rice, LSU, OU, Baylor, TCU, and Tech in baseball for a reason. Regardless of how much money they borrow for facilities of that they throw at football coaches, they will still have the same inherent, cultural problem. That all the other schools in the same region can out-perform **** without having to resort to such extremes speaks volumes. If **** was truly a desirable destination, they would not have to resort to such extreme measures. **** simply has no choice, due to their cultural baggage.

**** suffers from the same problem as BYU - both are culturally inflexible and not willing to change to make those outside their culture more at ease. Either someone (of any race) conforms to their culture, or they are largely ostracized. As long as **** maintains their over-importance on bonding social capital and strongly enforces their cultural norms, they will have a difficult time appealing to those who choose to go through life not wanting to be conformists. Quite a number of young, urban elite athletes nationwide would rather attend college where they are largely accepted for being culturally different than to abandon their cultural identity to embrace all that is redneck, closed-minded and "****

This brings to light most of Randy's problems. He has fabricated this fantasy world above so he can justify himself and his existence. This only exists in his head and he must keep repeating this to himself over and over and to anyone else that will listen to keep spreading his prejudices which is ironic because that is what he is trying to pin to us. From the false narrative of this fantasy world, he believes exists, does he then postulate and preach self righteousness.

What he fails to realize is that no one at Texas would believe his fantasy. No one with a college degree or a spec of common sense. It is pretty amusing that he thinks they would. But he keeps dishing out his fantasies over and over again.
MooreTrucker
AG
And only the densest idiots among the sips believe all that nonsense either. The rest of them laugh at him just like we do.
CDUB98
AG
Prognightmare said:

More Randy gold:

Quote:

**** suffers from the same problem as BYU - both are culturally inflexible and not willing to change to make those outside their culture more at ease. Either someone (of any race) conforms to their culture, or they are largely ostracized. As long as **** maintains their over-importance on bonding social capital and strongly enforces their cultural norms, they will have a difficult time appealing to those who choose to go through life not wanting to be conformists. Quite a number of young, urban elite athletes nationwide would rather attend college where they are largely accepted for being culturally different than to abandon their cultural identity to embrace all that is redneck, closed-minded and "****."

88jrt06
AG
They just pried the sign off...Simpkins Hall lives forever.
Irwin M. Fletcher
AG
I agree that this is a narrative he's come up with in his mind to help him cope, its 1967 to him; however, you saying no one at Texas would believe him is unfortunately wrong. It may not be most but surprisingly many believe this. Some because they just want to, to give themselves another reason to be arrogant but there is a chunk of their people that believe this crap in total. Many others do not however, to also be fair.
CrottyKid
AG
Randy "the progressive" sure doesn't give "urban" athletes very much credit when he makes the argument that they will choose where to play college sports solely on this perceived notion of institutional racism. Does Randy not realize that Black athletes (let's dispense with the coded language, oh progressive one) are highly intelligent humans who take into account a complex variety of variables when making decisions about their future?
88jrt06
AG
88jrt06 said:

They just pried the sign off...Simpkins Hall lives forever.

AGAIN. Bottom line at the 40-odd racist acres.
Aggie304
I bet money that that cross dresser Randolph duke mailed that letter to the Sumlins
DeepEastTxAg
AG
I seriously think he's getting worse. Every move that A&M makes that puts them in the national spotlight puts him closer to the edge.
SACR
AG
He is convinced it is still 1967

Quote:

A person can't ever assimilate with the **** culture if that person doesn't give a $#@! about the **** plot of "sacred" grass upon which nothing notable ever happened, if they prefer to wear a hat inside the student center, or if they are wholly indifferent to the story of some guy who, back when football was a club sport, quit the football team in November, was later asked during an exhibition game to get into a spare uniform in case they coach wanted him to play a few downs, never played and, for two decades afterward, no one thought about in the least until the head of the alumni association wrote a fictional play using a few elements of the event.

The **** culture venerates both the true and fairy tale stories of what ****s did during WWI, WWII ,etc. Why is it so difficult to understand that black students, instead of blindly venerating "**** history" sometimes wonder about how their ancestors fared during the same time. **** doesn't diminish that part of their school's culture by mistake. These people were still burning crosses on campus into the early 1970s to send messages of extreme hate to black athletes living on campus. When you are a student, or an athlete, at Texas A&M, you venerate only white, male history. And the "history" you must blindly accept as the embodiment of virtue is often wholly fabricated. A lot of young minds want nothing to do with such a freak show of a culture.

And it isn't just athletes **** can't recruit. The **** student body is 96% in-state students. **** simply is not an attractive option to young millennials outside the redneck culture who have viable options to attend other universities.

To think there are a large number of elite out-of-state athletes of any race or religion who have nothing in common with the redneck, **** culture who will choose to put themselves in such an environment, over the opportunity to go to any number of other major universities simply because some rich, racist alumni got desperate and overpaid a football coach, is absurd. Especially when those rich alumni are some of the most strident proponents of the culture that demands veneration of white, male privilege and demands rejection of any contrary influences that might reform or modernize the culture we recognize as "****."
SteveBott
AG
Aggie304 said:

I bet money that that cross dresser Randolph duke mailed that letter to the Sumlins

No he did not.

1. The person was identified internally and that has been handled.

2. He is not anyone who could be a member of the Houston Country Club.

3. He does not have the ability to pull that off.
tbirdspur2010
AG
Quote:

When you are a student, or an athlete, at Texas A&M, you venerate only white, male history.

....and then the unicorn pooped butterflies.

The End.
SACR
AG
tbirdspur2010 said:

Quote:

When you are a student, or an athlete, at Texas A&M, you venerate only white, male history.

The End.
Which is why Quentin Coryatt is unknown in Aggieland.
Madman
AG
Randy likes to virtue signal now. A clear sign of someone that can't win an argument.
Dallasag02
AG
SACR said:

tbirdspur2010 said:

Quote:

The End.
Which is why Quentin Coryatt is unknown in Aggieland.

And why everyone knows that Brian Gamble made the Hit.
Tom Hagen
AG
Quote:

progressive, urban, intellectual culture

Oxymoron spotted.
aggiehawg
AG
tbirdspur2010 said:

Quote:

The End.
LOL. Well-played.
JR69
AG
Wildmen03 said:

We also had black football players before they did. We had our first in '67 and they had theirs in '69. They technically had players on the team in '67 and '68 but none of them saw the field.

Who was our first in 1967? I don't recall any black players on our roster until Hugh McElroy in 1969.
Wildmen03
AG
JR69 said:

Wildmen03 said:

Who was our first in 1967? I don't recall any black players on our roster until Hugh McElroy in 1969.
Not sure, just pulled the info from the TAMU library page.

https://archiveexhibits.library.tamu.edu/africanamerican/chronology/index.html

Quote:

Three African-Americans received athletic scholarships on 196768 track team; two others joined football team.

JR69
AG
Wildmen03 said:

JR69 said:

Wildmen03 said:

Not sure, just pulled the info from the TAMU library page.

https://archiveexhibits.library.tamu.edu/africanamerican/chronology/index.html

Quote:

Three African-Americans received athletic scholarships on 196768 track team; two others joined football team.

Yeah I've seen that too. Sammy Williams was one black athlete who enrolled in 1964 and tried out as a walk-on in 1965, made the practice squad, but never dressed for a game as far as I recall. Sammy was a class ahead of me in my Corps outfit. He went non-reg after his sophomore year.

Duriing the four seasons I was at A&M, 1965-68, I was of course at every home game, every Corps Trip game, every LSU game, and two Tech games. I don't recall a single black player actually on the roster, much less taking the field. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

I do recall Curtis Mills on the track team.
First Page Last Page
Page 71 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.