Randolph Duke

769,246 Views | 3764 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by goodAg80
HtownAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

He is a "single focus" kind of guy.
Has Randy given any less than 99.9% of his focus on us redneck stupid aggies in the past decade? (the other .1 percent is indirectly on us, but rather on the idiocy of the SEC as a whole proclaiming that they are making more money than the BDF).
SpreadsheetAg
AG
When Randy dies, I may have to make a pilgrimage just to piss on his grave, and then plant maroon flowers all over him.
realestateguru
AG
Charles M Satterfield III is such a loser!

Quote:

Sent: Friday, June 9, 2017 1:57 PM
To: Daily Nebraskan <dn@unl.edu>
Subject: Research inquiry

Texas A&M University represents one of their traditions began during the 1998 A&M-Nebraska football game. This tradition has to do with their fans wearing school colors for football games. They offer the following quote to support their claim as to how the tradition began:

As The Daily Nebraskan expressed on October 12, 1998: "A game that was dubbed a 'maroon-out' for Texas A&M fans proved to be a lights out for Nebraska. The fans dressed themselves in maroon T-shirts in an attempt to wash out the red and white that opponents have gotten used to. It worked."

I tried pulling up the October 12, 1998 paper in your online archives but was unsuccessful. Can you please pull that edition from your archives and let me know whether the statement A&M claims to be in that paper actually was printed on that day?
depriest1022
AG
realestateguru said:

Charles M Satterfield III is such a loser!

Quote:

Sent: Friday, June 9, 2017 1:57 PM
To: Daily Nebraskan <dn@unl.edu>
Subject: Research inquiry

Texas A&M University represents one of their traditions began during the 1998 A&M-Nebraska football game. This tradition has to do with their fans wearing school colors for football games. They offer the following quote to support their claim as to how the tradition began:

As The Daily Nebraskan expressed on October 12, 1998: "A game that was dubbed a 'maroon-out' for Texas A&M fans proved to be a lights out for Nebraska. The fans dressed themselves in maroon T-shirts in an attempt to wash out the red and white that opponents have gotten used to. It worked."

I tried pulling up the October 12, 1998 paper in your online archives but was unsuccessful. Can you please pull that edition from your archives and let me know whether the statement A&M claims to be in that paper actually was printed on that day?

OMG. Maybe Charles would like a picture of the Maroon Out shirt I wore that?

That is too funny.
Tom Doniphon
Most folks with lives as unfulfilled as CMSIII just chug bleach... it'd be nice if he'd follow suit.
petey88

good gosh, I haven't kept up with Randy, but that goof is still out there now. I would have thought someone in what family he has left would have had him committed to a mental hospital.
GrapevineAg
AG
Randy, took me just a few minutes on google and the wayback machine to find it:

https://web.archive.org/web/19990430043752/http://www.unl.edu/DailyNeb.arch/Fall98/Oct/101298/stories/101298/a%26m.html/

You're welcome.
CanyonAg77
AG
I hve a niece '99, who was one of the instigators of Maroon Out. What's Randy's problem? It's been happening for a while, we acknowledge it's not an original idea, and we're not claiming it started in 1876.
realestateguru
AG
Well done grapevineag!! What that idiot is claiming is that we lied about the maroon out quote made by the daily nebraskan newspaper. He contacted the editor/general manager to verify that the quote took place. Daniel Shattil danshattil @ dailynebraskan.com responded that they did not write that and sent him the article written that day. Now Charles is going on his wordy diatribe of this:

Quote:

They are an amazing culture. First of all, it's hilarious that they think sports fans wearing team colors to a football game was novel or unique in 1998 or to think athletes seeing another team's colors can affect the outcome of a game. This was 1998 Nebraska. One of the best college teams of all time during that period of time. Not especially a program likely to fall apart because of the color of shirt the other team's fans chose to wear.

As far as the seemingly fake quote - all the hallmarks of classic **** fairy tales. From all I can tell, the ags (once again) made up a fake quote to "substantiate" their story that Nebraska fell to pieces because the rednecks wore their school colors to a football game. From the story the Nebraska school paper says they actually printed, it seems the ags are (once again) resorting to fabrications and puffery to explain some dumb practice of their that they claim is a turdition. I don't think anyone from the Nebraska side remembers anything about what the fans were wearing that day or was even slightly impressed with the clothing the **** fans wore. Based on the response from the Daily Nebraskan, there is no reason to think anyone associated with the Nebraska program thought anything about the great **** "maroon-out" in October 1998.

The ags just don't comprehend no one really thinks their turditions are substantive or impressive, especially when the actual history of their cult practices is explained. As a cultural character defect, they lack the ability to be honest with others about who they are.
MooreTrucker
AG
So this Shattil guy lied to Randy? Because it's obviously in that article.
Jock 07
AG
Does this fool ever provide an argument other than a straw man?
Hood
AG
It's been said before (probably even on this thread) that one of Randy's shtick is to attribute something no one claimed as a claim of some sort and then for him to rail against it as some sort of lie. A Randy straw man.

I still have no idea what he's upset about regarding Maroon Out. He's showing greater incoherence in his senior years.
p_bubel
GrapevineAg said:

https://web.archive.org/web/19990430043752/http://www.unl.edu/DailyNeb.arch/Fall98/Oct/101298/stories/101298/a%26m.html/

You're welcome.
Quote:

A game that was dubbed a "maroon-out" for Texas A&M; fans proved to be lights out for Nebraska.
The fans dressed themselves in maroon T-shirts in an attempt to wash out the red and white that opponents have gotten used to.
It worked.
For when the lunatic skips the link.
realestateguru
AG
Typical moving of the goal posts. Oh and by the way Dan from the Daily Nebraskan did confirm that the other article is in their archives. Way to go Charles M Satterfield III you struck out again!

Quote:

The quote may be accurate. Or it might be fake. That's the problem.

With all the fake school "history", fake military "history" and fake athletics "accomplishments" the ags rely on to create the fake image that they are a grand, accomplished university, it is difficult to know what is fake or not. And as an institution of higher education, they should have the integrity to be more honest about their school and their culture.

They are free to believe that Solich was incapable of preparing his teams to play against fans wearing maroon shirts. Evidently, he was also incapable of preparing his teams to play against fans wearing burnt orange shirts, also.

The fact stands that with ****, everything has to be some grand homeric and facts or truths need not be respected. Their 12th Man fair tale, their military lies their fake championships. With **** one can never really tell what is a lie that a bunch or ignorant rubes fell for and what is actual fact. Sadly, all too often, the lie the rubes fall for is what constitutes **** turditions and **** history.
GrapevineAg
p_bubel
Quote:

The quote may be accurate. Or it might be fake. That's the problem.
The only problem appears to be selective reading comprehension.

Par for the course, nut job.

In the future stick to the older stuff that is harder to pin down due to age, this modern and quite google-able crap is a walk in the park to verify.
up-n-aTm
AG
I think 'LOL" is an appropriate response here for his "swing and a miss".
CanyonAg77
AG
The funny thing is, he takes our traditions much more seriously than we do. We may tell each other we win because of maroon out, or our yells,or the Twelth Man. But we know darn well that winning and losing depends on the skills, ability, coaching, and heart of a bunch of young kids playing in our colors vs. the young kids in the other colors.

The traditions are fun, they add to the atmosphere and the intangibles, but they don't win football games. Sure, they may provide that little push that revs the players up and makes them fight just enough harder to win, but there's no magic.

Well, except for the magic that turns some goon from Austin into a raving lunatic.
GrapevineAg
AG
I agree with what you're saying, but Olsen Magic is real!
Aggie304
If only Randy err Charles took child molestation laws as seriously as maroon out
Ragoo
AG
GrapevineAg said:

You're welcome.
60,000 fans? holy crap that is chump change now.
depriest1022
AG
Ragoo said:

GrapevineAg said:

You're welcome.
60,000 fans? holy crap that is chump change now.
The Zone was under construction...
VivaLaLefty
AG
Every time this chimp types out "turdition" I imagine some bespectacled nerd hunched over his computer at night, silently patting himself on the back and thinking "Got 'em! Satterfield, you've done it again!"
We SECeded where others failed.
YouBet
AG
Wait...so he's claiming that we are claiming we started the tradition of the student body wearing one color?
goodAg80
AG
Randy claims to be a founding member of NAMBLA.
YellowPot_97
AG
Quote:

First of all, it's hilarious that they think sports fans wearing team colors to a football game was novel or unique in 1998 or to think athletes seeing another team's colors can affect the outcome of a game. This was 1998 Nebraska. One of the best college teams of all time during that period of time. Not especially a program likely to fall apart because of the color of shirt the other team's fans chose to wear.
what is that lunatic talking about??? literally NO ONE has ever claimed we came up with color coordination. nor has anyone ever said that we won the game because of that!!!!!
he's built up this giant straw man based on three sentences written by a college kid trying to fill up page space.
dude seriously needs professional help.
VivaLaLefty
AG
goodAg80 said:

Randy claims to be a founding member of NAMBLA.

Welp, time to clear my browser history...
We SECeded where others failed.
Jack Squat 83
AG
And with each miserable angle of hate dreamed up and directed at us, his old Aggie husband-in-law just keeps pounding away........day after day, night after night, month after month and year after year. Must be a depressing situation for Randy.
realestateguru
AG
Again Charles M Satterfield III you mocking Ags that have passed is your tradition and will be your karma.

Quote:

The ag g y culture has a lot to learn about honor. What **** celebrates isn't honor, What **** celebrates is ****, and nothing but ****.
**** does their little "Silver Taps" turdition, ignoring every single life well lived and ignoring those who sacrificed to give to others. If honor were why they did their little "Silver Taps" party, honor would be the only consideration of who they commemorated. But **** never pays respect solely to those who have earned it. ag gy only honors or commemorates ag gys.

Honor isn't what motivates ag gy, sanctimony is.

Hey dumbass when you were on campus doing your research did you not see the big building and statue of Rudder? And the only military historian you were with is your desktop across the room from your 60 year old male roommate.
Quote:

I had lunch with a military historian yesterday who gave me one of his favorite stories of **** dumb****ery. It involved Earl Rudder on D-Day.

Everyone knows the **** "12th Man" turdition. In redneck culture it supposedly symbolizes the **** willingness to serve if called upon. The ags had free reign while crafting their fairy tale and could have chosen any story to show their willingness to serve when called upon and they chose E. King Gill coming down to the sideline and standing around with 9 other available substitutes, ultimately doing nothing of substance or importance.

And given the choice between E. King Gill during the football game, or Earl Rudder immediately before D-Day, **** chose E. King Gill's fairy tale football story where Gill admittedly did nothing as the example that best symbolizes the **** willingness to serve when needed. Rudder's decision to step in personally, instead of assigning another officer already tasked with assaulting the beach (as his commanding General requested him to do), is essentially ignored by the ags.

That is a decision that could only make sense in the mind of an ****.
JJxvi
AG
realestateguru said:

And the only military historian you were with is your desktop across the room from your 60 year old male roommate.

Woah....slow down there. Next you'll be insinuating that Texas Monthly doesn't really call him up for his opinions when they do a story on John Sharp.
MooreTrucker
AG
You know, I mostly just laugh and point at this idiot, but when he starts after Silver Taps and military service and really important stuff like that, that's when I get angry.
p_bubel
MooreTrucker said:

You know, I mostly just laugh and point at this idiot, but when he starts after Silver Taps and military service and really important stuff like that, that's when I get angry.
Meh. He's an insignificant twat that should be mocked for the loser he his, not get angry about. A dime a dozen these days.

His life is pathetic enough to not be worth any extra effort or thought on your part beyond laughing at him on this thread.
Dr. Faustus
AG
He does realize that the 12th Man tradition and its impetus pre-date WWII, right? RIGHT?
Smithjg
CMSIII has also said that "Aggies have claimed" Eisenhower left and flew home from England during WWII when Reveille died to attend and speak at Reveille's funeral. I have never seen this claim anywhere other than CMSIII writings. There is also his claim that Rudder personally got his landing craft lost (as if he was driving) and thus cost more Ranger lives.....

Dude needs serious help, what does it take to get someone committed??
BiochemAg97
AG
1) taps isn't about recognizing those individuals because of the "honor" of those individuals. It is recognizing the loss of those individuals. There are other things that honor those who lived their life to exemplify honor, such as the hall of honor in the MSC listing those who died in service and those who were awarded medals of honor, or distinguished alumni awards, etc

2) 12th man is about sports, not about soldiers who served in WWII. Again, there are other things that recognize those that serve in other aspects outside of athletics.

To sit there and say tradition x is stupid because it doesn't recognize aspect y while ignoring the tradition that specifically recognizes aspect y is ridiculous.
First Page Last Page
Page 63 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.