Randolph Duke

769,531 Views | 3764 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by goodAg80
realestateguru
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In Duke summary:

1. tu would never go to redkneck conference.
2. however if we do a g g yzi will have no say because a sub committee that meets every 2 years in the Texas legislature says so because they have control over SEC expansion in Alabama..
3. Oh yeah 12man isn't real. No one has every accomplished anything from that redneck college that is still part of tu.
4. No a g g yzi has ever served
88jrt06
AG
Let's not forget:
Randy's in line for an important committee chair: Uh......
tbirdspur2010
AG
Squadron7 said:

He thinks A&M is the only vote in their way?

Seriously?

He's literally that stupid.
aggiehawg
AG
Hi, tbird!! How are you and the missus?
EscondidoAg82
AG
My favorite Duke tale is still, "The Impossibility of Trench Warfare in early Twentieth Century Western Europe".
aggiehawg
AG
EscondidoAg82 said:

My favorite Duke tale is still, "The Impossibility of Trench Warfare in early Twentieth Century Western Europe".
Too much rain and the trenches filled with water, as I recall. <snicker>
MooreTrucker
AG
If it was SOOOOOOOO easy for tu to get into the SEC whenever they want, and that's OBVIOUSLY their best option to get out of their sucky conference, the WTF is taking them so long?
SteveBott
AG
GOR

Dodd's final gift to us Ags.
aggiehawg
AG
SteveBott said:

GOR

Dodd's final gift to us Ags.
Sure as hell wasn't Dodds' idea. It was ESPN's. The new TV contract (in 2012 or thereabouts) was conditional upon the Big XII conference signing a GOR. No GOR? No deal.
SteveBott
AG
AH let's have lunch someday. Hutts works for me. Love their onion rings
tbirdspur2010
AG
aggiehawg said:

Hi, tbird!! How are you and the missus?

Doing well! Missus was in a minor fender bender but she's ok. Ended up getting her some new wheels out of the deal.
YouBet
AG
I bet he stares at his now yellowing, crumpled denial letter from A&M every night with such rage. He pounds the table in frustration, then he cries softly for a few minutes....then he sacks up, opens his laptop, logs on, and starts posting his legal threats and fantasies about us.
Anonymous Source
S
Since we are a branch of the esteemed university in Austin, certainly they'll be demanding their cut of the SEC Network payout, right?
Gig 'Em
DeepEastTxAg
AG
Does that psychopath actually think A&M is still a branch or is he trying to be insulting? Either way, this guy is unsuccessful and needs a little history lesson. A&M never was a branch. Only during proposal the college. Never after. Why doesn't anyone call this guy out on being dead wrong?
The Collective
AG
DeepEastTxAg said:

Does that psychopath actually think A&M is still a branch

Yes.
Anonymous Source
S
DeepEastTxAg said:

Does that psychopath actually think A&M is still a branch or is he trying to be insulting? Either way, this guy is unsuccessful and needs a little history lesson. A&M never was a branch. Only during proposal the college. Never after. Why doesn't anyone call this guy out on being dead wrong?

Confirmation bias. He says what those Shag idiots want to hear, no matter its validity.
Gig 'Em
TPS_Report
AG
Quote:

Quote:

I'm not saying the SEC will tell **** how they would vote if UT wanted in. I'm saying the Texas Legislature (actually the Higher Education Subcommittee) would tell **** to shut the $#@! up.

Texas actually supported ****s dream of AAU accreditation. And in return **** is saying they would actively try to $#@! over UT on something as petty as a sports conference affiliation?

If **** really wants to play hardball, I am sure they will get their wish. I'm sure in a tight budget cycle certain interests could find various ways to $#@! over **** and let them instead go to the Alabama or Mississippi legislature for adequate funding.

Making very public statements of their intention to $#@! over another state school if given the opportunity is something **** typically didn't think all the way through.

Obviously, UT's efforts on ****'s behalf when it came to AAU accreditation were a mistake. Hopefully **** can get Nebraskaed in the near future. And, for the record, UT voted in Nebraska's favor during the AAU termination vote. It was the Big 10 schools who voted against them.

Where does he get this noise that A&M has said anything about blocking tu from the SEC? The alumni base loves to spout that gospel (I know I do), but I don't recall hearing anything like that from the Administration. I guess I could envision Sharp popping off like that, but that's about it.
Rocco S
So basically the same folks that he thought were going to stop us from going to the SEC are now going to make us let tu into the SEC?

Yeah, ok.

brainman5000
AG
Bama will never let them into the SEC after they steal Saban.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Making very public statements of their intention to $#@! over another state school if given the opportunity is something **** typically didn't think all the way through.
That's projection on his part. Dodds certainly never had a problem doing it when the SWC broke up.
goodAg80
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

That's projection on his part. Dodds certainly never had a problem doing it when the SWC broke up.
Randie is not at all self-aware is he. He has dedicated his life to destroying A&M.
BQ_90
AG
Rocco S said:

So basically the same folks that he thought were going to stop us from going to the SEC are now going to make us let tu into the SEC?

Yeah, ok.

he lies so much Hillary has him on the short list for several jobs in her administration.
Oscar Diggs
AG
BQ_90 said:

Rocco S said:

Yeah, ok.

he lies so much Hillary has him on the short list for several jobs in her administration.
Given his vast knowledge in these subject areas, I have heard he will be either the new SecDef or head of the Patent and Trademark Office
Rocco S
Texas A&M has at least as much political power as tu. So we aren't going to be afraid of any backlash. And what are tech, Baylor, and TCU's political folks going to do? Pressure us to let tu into the SEC and leave their schools behind?

What did that ****** say about thinking things through? What a fool.
MSU/SECALUM
If A&M were to abstain along with Vanderbilt the other 12 members would decide tu's fate. What would or could the state of Texas do? Would the Governor tell us that SEC expansion would be a non starter without Texas? That didn't seem to work too well for the UH to the Big 12.
aggiehawg
AG
MSU/SECALUM said:

If A&M were to abstain along with Vanderbilt, the other 12 members would decide tu's fate. What would or could the state of Texas do? Would the Governor tell us that SEC expansion would be a non starter without Texas? That didn't seemed to work well with the UH to the Big 12.
True.

There isn't a sip alive who understands how (or even why) the SEC works as a conference together. Too foreign of a concept for them to conceive there is cooperation without threats and bullying.
Jock 07
AG
goodAg80 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Randie is not at all self-aware is he. He has dedicated his life to destroying A&M.

And what a feeble, futile life it is
BQ_90
AG
Rocco S said:

Texas A&M has at least as much political power as tu. So we aren't going to be afraid of any backlash. And what are tech, Baylor, and TCU's political folks going to do? Pressure us to let tu into the SEC and leave their schools behind?

I hate Sharp, but I wish he would have been endorsing UH and every other Texas school to the B12. there wouldn't be any political downside to that.
Rocco S
BQ_90 said:

Rocco S said:

I hate Sharp, but I wish he would have been endorsing UH and every other Texas school to the B12. there wouldn't be any political downside to that.

Yeah, he should've been guilting them into it like we were being guilted to stay.
ClassOf17
ClassOf17
BQ_90 said:

Rocco S said:

Yeah, ok.

We he actually was used as a decoy in a ponzi scheme
Biz Ag
AG
Yo, Randy - your whorns suck big time in the BDF.

Your mythical introduction to SEC competition is unsafe for younger viewers and would therefore garner an NC-17 rating.

Be extremely careful what you wish for.
I-Haul
AG

Quote:

Obviously, UT's efforts on ****'s behalf when it came to AAU accreditation were a mistake. Hopefully **** can get Nebraskaed in the near future. And, for the record, UT voted in Nebraska's favor during the AAU termination vote. It was the Big 10 schools who voted against them.
We got in while the Health Science Center was still a separate entity. Now that it is once again part of the University, there is no way we can lose our status. Nebraska went the other way. That's what sunk them.
Decay
AG
Rocco S said:

BQ_90 said:

Rocco S said:

Yeah, he should've been guilting them into it like we were being guilted to stay.
No need to stoop down to the Ken Starr level. It's a bad look.
goodAg80
AG
Randi's thoughts On Deloss Dodds Way

Quote:

No ****ing Way There Should be a "Deloss Dodds Way."
Quote:

Some marketing clown in Bellmont dreamed up the idea of renaming 23rd, north of the stadium, "Deloss Dodds Way."

I say "not so fast."

I am a big fan of what Deloss did in building the athletics program at UT. But no way in Hell is it time to rename anything on campus after Deloss Dodds.

For all Deloss did, he created more than a small amount of controversy within the SWC and Big 12 conferences. I have no real problem with the majority of the decisions he made. I think the overwhelming majority of those decisions were in the best interests of the conferences and the member schools. I think college athletics benefitted from Deloss Dodds' leadership.

My problem is that Deloss hasn't spoken up to set the record straight on a number is issues. Until he addressed the controversies that were created, I think it is bull**** that he gets anything named after him, while leaving the alumni and the university to deal with the controversies and the lies perpetrated by the piece of **** administrators of the various universities that used to be in the same athletic conference as UT.

Until Deloss goes on the record and speaks about the formation of the Big 12; the LHN; discusses the exit of the members who left the Big 12; and a number of other issues; I don't think Deloss should get the honor the marketing people inside Bellmont are trying to bestow upon him.

Deloss can't just walk into the sunset, collecting accolades and not setting the record straight. He can't leave the university and the alumni with only one side of the story, the bull**** side of the story, being made public. He owes it to us to set the record straight.

And if Deloss slinks off into the sunset, claiming honors he hasn't truly earned, he will prove he doesn't deserve what the marketing clowns inside Bellmont have decided to grant him.

Any honor bestowed should come from the alumni, not from the marketing department. And as one of the alumni, I think Deloss has some unfinished business to attend to before he starts collecting accolades.

Deloss, you need to speak up and set the record straight. I am all for bestowing accolades upon Deloss. Just not yet.

Quote:

Deloss shouldn't get what amounts to a Lifetime Achievement Award if he isn't willing to go on the record and discuss his lifetime achievements. If he created the controversies (and he was at least a principal actor in them) he owes it to the alumni to set the record straight before he accepts any such award.

Deloss needs to walk us through how **** avoided the death penalty and explain what was going on at the conference level at that time. We deserve to hear Deloss' account of the formation of the Big 12 and the whole Prop 48 vote, including what the vote was and who voted for as well as against. The alumni deserve to hear about how the whole unequal revenue process materialized, as well as exactly which schools were demanding unequal revenue shares from 2008-2011. We deserve to hear just what the story was when Deloss talked to Byrne about what became the LHN.

After all, it's our university. If the alumni are expected to support the athletics department and recognize the award they are bestowing upon Deloss, we deserve to know just what we are celebrating him for accomplishing. (Correct me if I am wrong, but I am not aware of any great groundswell from the alumni that insisted upon renaming 23rd St.)

There are a number of issues Deloss needs to account for before we start bestowing accolades upon him. If the accolade is to come from the alumni, the alumni deserve to hear Deloss speak on his career at UT. If the "recognition" is only from the marketing idiots inside Bellmont, then let's just admit that and let's let it be an absolutely hollow accolade.

Hahahahahahaha
First Page Last Page
Page 51 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.