Randolph Duke

769,750 Views | 3764 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by goodAg80
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Charles is at it again!

quote:
The reality is that it costs $30,000/yr to edumacate a student at **** and $50,000/yr to educate a student at UT Austin (yes, on average it costs in excess of $200,000 plus living expenses for each undergrad degree awarded from UT Austin).

If a student is only going to be a chicken farmer, an Ag Development or Construction Science major and they can be educated sufficiently for those careers at **** at a cost of almost $100,000 less, of course the Higher Educating Coordinating Board is going to work with the legislature to make sure the student will attend **** and not UT Austin. It's easy to have UT Austin not offer certain degrees or only offer a certain number of degrees at UT Austin and the rest have to go elsewhere. As the needs of the state economy change for certain number of degreed professionals in specific fields, the offerings at the various pubic universities are adjusted.

One reason UT Austin is exempt from the 10% rule is because the demographic composition of the leaders in any field is much more important than the demographics of the rank and file worker bees in any field. If the taxpayers are going to spend $100,000 more to educate an individual at one public university as opposed to another public university, there is no way the grads from the two schools are going to be indistinguishable. If they were, the Higher Education Coordinating Board and the legislature wouldn't be serving the interests of the taxpayers. **** just can't grasp this concept.

I'm a construction science major and I resent that. I bet I make more than most liberal arts tu grads 10 years older than me. I can also tell you that in my experience, the vast majority of mechanical and structural engineers in the industry are Aggies. The only place you find sip grads are architecture firms, and they're the ones who get paid the least in the industry.
The Collective
AG
Are we still getting his memorial day piece on A&M and the military? Has he heard back from the DOD yet?
Wildmen03
AG
quote:
Are we still getting his memorial day piece on A&M and the military? Has he heard back from the DOD yet?
Well no huge Memorial Day piece as was promised, now he's moved on to picking apart our SEC network deal

quote:
In case anyone is interested, the SEC spring meetings are this coming week. For whatever reason, the conference has decided not to announce the conference distribution numbers at the spring meeting. They will instead be released in October, at the end of the conference's fiscal year.

I am convinced the reason for this change is that SECN numbers are falling far short of projections and the conference wants to hide the embarrassment of the struggling financial situation of SECN by releasing the info during the football season when they can say "But look at how well the teams are performing on the field. Next year, we project HUGE numbers." Remember that when SECN was launched, the projections were for $1.40 inside the SEC footprint and $0.25 outside the footprint. I, among many others, pointed out there was no way **** in the SEC could entice cable providers to pay $1.40 for the Texas market. 8 million Texas households at $1.40/mo would translate into $135 million per year. There is no way in hell that much was going to be paid for crappy SEC OOC games padded with compelling programming such as Redneck Spelling Bee or Collegiate Bass Fishing.

According to Disney's federal securities filings, last year SECN pulled in just over $400 million in subscriber fees. Assuming the 47 million out of footprint number and $0.25 per was correct, that means the out of footprint revenue was roughly $140 million. That means the SEC footprint revenue was roughly $260 million. Using Clay Travis' numbers of 28 million subscribers in the SEC footprint, allowing for the price Travis claimed for out of footprint and using Disney's federal filings as total subscriber income, it looks as is last year SECN was paid about $0.77 per subscriber in the SEC footprint, or about half the rate they were asking for. Considering the cable providers in the heart of the SEC would be very much willing to pay the full asking price, it seems the price paid for SECN in the Texas footprint was probably, at best, one-third of what ESPN/Disney was asking.

According to Disney's most recent federal securities filings, the SECN subscriber revenue is off slightly, due to cord cutting. Ad revenues may have been optimized slightly to make up for the loss of subscriber revenue, but at best, total revenue will be flat. My projection for SECN revenue this year is around $7 million/school, or about the same as what West Virginia is getting for their T3 deal.

No one waits to release good news. The SEC is waiting to release the financial performance of SECN. You do the math.

By the way, projections have LHN breaking even this year. Between the three components of the LHN contract, the LHN minimum guarantee is right at $43.5 million.
Rocco S
Any time Charles starts a dialogue with "I am convinced" you can bet your ass delusional hilarity is about to start.

This is a prime example.

Every report we've seen states the SECN is a huge financial success and the LHN is not. Charles is convinced the opposite is true. He's also convinced the SECN struggles for content compared to the LHN, which is probably my favorite part.
Jock 07
AG
holy **** this guy is oblivious.

quote:
padded with compelling programming such as Redneck Spelling Bee or Collegiate Bass Fishing.
He's going to criticize the SECN content even with the siptv offerings? Really? How unbelievably stupid is he?
Al Bula
AG
Randolph is reaching again. There are way bigger things to discuss in the SEC than our rich-as-f ck-money. Mainly these two:

Most Important: Making sure Tennessee/Butch Jones didn't "Baylor" himself
Second: Stupid Harbaugh football camps
Rocco S
quote:

quote:
padded with compelling programming such as Redneck Spelling Bee or Collegiate Bass Fishing.
He's going to criticize the SECN content even with the siptv offerings? Really? How unbelievably stupid is he?
This afternoon's riveting LHN programming includes LBJ Library Presents and ut fashion show.

Even the fabricated SECN programming Charles came up with sounds better than that.
BESCo91
AG
For 2014/15 Sports Year:
1) SEC - $34M per team
2) B1G - $27M
3) Pac12 - $25.5
4) Big12 - $25.2M
5) ACC - $22M

Those numbers reflect TV Contracts + Bowl Games + NCAA Tournament.

Does anyone other than Satterfield (Duke) really believe that the SEC's $34M is going to go down.?.?.
Dazed and Confused
AG
Announcing distribution numbers for 2015-2016 year at the fiscial year end for the SEC. So Full Sec baseball revenue may be counted. I like this alignment as it may more accurately reflect annual revenue. Will have to wait and see. I'm patient and wise enough not to speculate.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Poor Randy. His big Memorial Day **** hit piece has been reduced to a wild accusation that the SECN distribution will be below an undisclosed value of "projectoions"; and that the LHN could very well just possibly maybe break even for the first time.
StephenvilleAg77
So Randy Duke's conclusion is:

-- the SECN (which is nationally distributed to 50 states) is doing poorly (he claims the SECN is barely bringing in per-school revenues that match West Virginia, a state with 1.85 million people).

-- yet ESPN's LHN channel is doing awesome financially!
Wildmen03
AG
Called him out and got a Memorial day response.

quote:
The guy who was going around claiming he was Pinky Wilson's grandson and who was peddling his contrived story of how the **** war song was written seems to have backed off his fairy tale, so i saw no need to further humiliate him by going into further detail about how his story couldn't be accurate. At some point, even I wince at how humiliating all this has to be for the **** faithful, as they come to realize how many of their "traditions" are actually just lies and fairy tales.

The guy last year was claiming the song was written in a trench during the Meuse-Argonne offensive in November 1918.

For the record, former **** professor and acclaimed **** historian Henry Dethloff gave us this explanation:

W3RwHF5.png

The allies did not enter Germany until well after the armistice and, if he was standing guard duty on the Rhine, it would have been no earlier than 1919 (we won't even get into the discussion of what would happen today if a Marine on guard duty in occupied territory committed gross dereliction of duty by slacking off to write school songs. Yet another reason serving in the military with an **** is a danger in and of itself). Another **** lie/fairy tale exposed and shredded to pieces.

I have to say, **** is probably the most dishonest fanbase anywhere in organized sports. Every time we look into any of their "traditions" we find they are lie, upon lie, upon lie.
Wildmen03
AG
Also got this response. Clearly we are dealing with the cream of the crop.

quote:
Go fuc yourself rat ******* ****.
Wildmen03
AG
Also A&M stole Howdy from TCU

quote:
By the way, ****, you know your "Howdy Club" and your "tradition" of saying "howdy" on campus? TCU says "you're welcome."

http://library.tcu.edu/spcoll/collections/tcu_history/Howdy_Week_1963.pdf
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Yet another reason serving in the military with an **** is a danger in and of itself
Which he has first hand experience with his vast active duty experiences. Tell us again randal how trenches don't work when it rains.
BESCo91
AG
quote:
quote:
Yet another reason serving in the military with an **** is a danger in and of itself).

Hey Randy ..... go f-ck your mother again.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:

quote:
By the way, ****, you know your "Howdy Club" and your "tradition" of saying "howdy" on campus? TCU says "you're welcome."

That's from 1963, and yet we've been saying "Howdy" for how long now?
Velvet Jones
AG
Henry Dethloff is a sip, and he wouldn't agree with Charles' assertions.

You lose again Satterfield.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
Another **** lie/fairy tale exposed and shredded to pieces.

I have no idea what this idiot looks like, but I can't help picturing Napoleon Dynamite. Does anyone actually buy what this re-tard is selling from his mom's basement? Did he actually graduate from tu? I can't imagine that he's intelligent enough to make it through a 4-year university and actually earn a degree.
JR69
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:

That's from 1963, and yet we've been saying "Howdy" for how long now?
I have no idea how long, but I knew about "Howdy" my whole life - from my dad who was originally Class of '46. I was well schooled on Aggie life and traditions when I enrolled in '65.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:

quote:

That's pathetic. It's what they titled their annual 'welcome week'. So did Randy do anything other than a Google search for the word "Howdy"? Granted, it would take some time to find that little nugget; but the fact that one would see that as a related or competing 'tradition' is laughable, and demonstrative of one's ignorance.
MooreTrucker
AG
Pretty much anything he puts out there is demonstrative of his ignorance.

He defines "grasping for straws".
goodAg80
AG
quote:
1837, earlier how de (1828), first recorded in Southern U.S. dialect,contraction of how do you do (1630s), phrase inquiring after someone'shealth; earlier how do ye (1560s).
Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:
Pretty much anything he puts out there is demonstrative of his ignorance.

He defines "grasping for straws".

True. I'm forgetting who I'm commenting about.
HTownAg98
quote:
quote:
Well no huge Memorial Day piece as was promised, now he's moved on to picking apart our SEC network deal

quote:
In case anyone is interested, the SEC spring meetings are this coming week. For whatever reason, the conference has decided not to announce the conference distribution numbers at the spring meeting. They will instead be released in October, at the end of the conference's fiscal year.

I am convinced the reason for this change is that SECN numbers are falling far short of projections and the conference wants to hide the embarrassment of the struggling financial situation of SECN by releasing the info during the football season when they can say "But look at how well the teams are performing on the field. Next year, we project HUGE numbers." Remember that when SECN was launched, the projections were for $1.40 inside the SEC footprint and $0.25 outside the footprint. I, among many others, pointed out there was no way **** in the SEC could entice cable providers to pay $1.40 for the Texas market. 8 million Texas households at $1.40/mo would translate into $135 million per year. There is no way in hell that much was going to be paid for crappy SEC OOC games padded with compelling programming such as Redneck Spelling Bee or Collegiate Bass Fishing.

According to Disney's federal securities filings, last year SECN pulled in just over $400 million in subscriber fees. Assuming the 47 million out of footprint number and $0.25 per was correct, that means the out of footprint revenue was roughly $140 million. That means the SEC footprint revenue was roughly $260 million. Using Clay Travis' numbers of 28 million subscribers in the SEC footprint, allowing for the price Travis claimed for out of footprint and using Disney's federal filings as total subscriber income, it looks as is last year SECN was paid about $0.77 per subscriber in the SEC footprint, or about half the rate they were asking for. Considering the cable providers in the heart of the SEC would be very much willing to pay the full asking price, it seems the price paid for SECN in the Texas footprint was probably, at best, one-third of what ESPN/Disney was asking.

According to Disney's most recent federal securities filings, the SECN subscriber revenue is off slightly, due to cord cutting. Ad revenues may have been optimized slightly to make up for the loss of subscriber revenue, but at best, total revenue will be flat. My projection for SECN revenue this year is around $7 million/school, or about the same as what West Virginia is getting for their T3 deal.

No one waits to release good news. The SEC is waiting to release the financial performance of SECN. You do the math.

By the way, projections have LHN breaking even this year. Between the three components of the LHN contract, the LHN minimum guarantee is right at $43.5 million.

He left out that the BDF and B1G have also released their numbers around this time every year. Of course, the BDF would release thei expected distribution, only to revise it downward when they file their tax returns.
Credible Source
AG
This guy is like a cartoon example of everything pitiful about the modern day longhorn. As A&M surpasses tu in ever facet, alumni base, wealth, graduate earnings, research, athletics, national exposure, revenues etc this guy is both pretending they are still great, and pretending A&M not only sucks, but never did anything they've ever claimed to do. They have rested on their laurels for waaaaaaay too long and have refused to see the dynamics shift that has been happening for decades. They seriously think they are only a winning Football season away from being back where they once were. It would be sad if they weren't such a bunch of tools.
If I woke up tomorrow making the same amount of money my Texas grad friends do, I'd blow my ****ing brains out.
The Agly Duckling
quote:

quote:
I think he was guessing for the SEC's equivalent to the Fozzy Whitaker Safari Show and the fashion shows from the sip design students.
Credible Source
AG
I love how keep referring to the SEC as rednecks even though academically its superior to the Big 12
Sharpshooter
AG
Randy's life motto:

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept."

George Carlin
Junction1956
So what rock can we find this guy should the actual numbers be more than originally reported?

He seems to hang his hat on cord cutting and ESPN. ESPN is bleeding, Disney admits that. Right now, ESPN is grossing $9billion a year with contracts of $6billion outstanding.

The SEC is looking to spread the Network among the majors, CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox and yes, ESPN.

I guess this legend in his own mind doesn't realize that should Disney spin ESPN off, the LEAST profitable entities will be jettisoned first, Think anyone picks up the LHN?

Bueller? Bueller?

The SEC is in a good position.

Roll Tide from Destin
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
This guy is like a cartoon example of everything pitiful about the modern day longhorn. As A&M surpasses tu in ever facet, alumni base, wealth, graduate earnings, research, athletics, national exposure, revenues etc this guy is both pretending they are still great, and pretending A&M not only sucks, but never did anything they've ever claimed to do. They have rested on their laurels for waaaaaaay too long and have refused to see the dynamics shift that has been happening for decades. They seriously think they are only a winning Football season away from being back where they once were. It would be sad if they weren't such a bunch of tools.
If I woke up tomorrow making the same amount of money my Texas grad friends do, I'd blow my ****ing brains out.

I live in Austin. Texas fans deny they're smaller in any facet you listed than we are. I present them with facts.

Crickets.
Credible Source
AG
Yeah I know, I live here too. Some of them are being realistic though. I have a buddy that just graduated with his MBA from Texas, and his professors straight up admitted the MBA students that are A&M undergrads are more prepared and perform better in the program than the tu kids. I wasn't surprised to hear that considering how many tu grads are parking cars and tending bar around here.
NoneGiven
AG
No one wants to brag about having the most tshirts.
realestateguru
AG
Charles can't keep us out of his head 24/7.

quote:
The 42% number is pure bull$#@!. For 2016, they have a goal of having "close to" 200 ROTC graduates commissioned. For 2016, the numbers are projected to be 96 Army, 54 Air Force, 41 Navy/Marines. This number is not appreciably different than the number of UT Austin ROTC graduates who are commissioned.

On the first day of the 2015-2016 academic year (Sept 1), there were 2,520 low self esteem problem children enrolled in the **** corps. Feel free to do the math. Of the 2,520 emotionally stunted civilians are playing army and only between 750-800 ever actually serve their country as officers commissioned through ROTC. That doesn't work out to 42%. In fact, it is closer to 30%. Less than one in three of the **** corps idiots do anything other than play play fake army.

The ****s just make up lie, after lie, after lie to create a fraudulent "history" of the greatness of their school. Sadly, because **** has long taught disciplines that simply require the rote memorization of information (such as engineering equations and basic chemistry) they utterly lack the ability to perform more elevated intellectual exercises, such as critical thinking.

As for their claimed numbers who served in combat, a quick look at the enrollment of the school will clear this up. Yet again, the low quality of the **** education becomes evident in they have no understanding whatsoever of the actual history of their institution.

To consider the number of ****s who served in combat in WWII, one has to ask the upper limit of the age of a combat soldier during the war. Earl Rudder was 35 when the war ended. During WWII, the average age of a 1st Lt in the USAAF was 21, Captain a year older, Major another year older, Lt. Col 24-26 and Colonel late 20s to early 30.

We know the **** school enrollment was around 2,000 students through the 1920s with enrollment growing to about 2,800 by 1928. When the Depression hit, enrollment fell back to the 2,000 level. So, if at the start of the Depression until the beginning of WWII (1929-1940), the school only had a total of 6,000 graduates under the most favorable of circumstances (2,000 students, 5,000 in each class, 12 graduating classes), the number of 14,000 officers serving in combat begins to look highly doubtful. Not every **** graduate served (as we know well today, lol). Not every graduate who served, served in combat. Roughly 40% of enlisted jobs during the war were rear-echelon assignments such as administrative, support and manual labor. Add in training, logistics and various other assignments (we will assume **** graduates had nothing to do with intelligence, lol) and the number of military personnel serving in combat becomes FAR less than 50%.

So, if **** only graduated 6,000 people at the start of the war and, because of their advanced age, far less than 50% (3,000) would have ever seen combat, where does the 14,000 officer number come from? The difference is over 11,000 individuals. Again assuming less than 50% of all officers would have had combat assignments, that means we have to account for over 22,000 commissioned officers over five years from a school whose enrollment in 1941 had swollen to 4,000 total for all four classes. Even an accelerated graduation schedule would have only produced 1,500 commissioned offers each year.

The difference in numbers is entirely accounted for by the 90-day wonder school hosted on the **** campus. This is identical to the ones on the Notre Dame and Michigan State campuses. **** fraudulently claims those being instructed at the officer training base in College Station were students admitted to the university and were university alumni. Fraudulent, yes. Dishonest. yes. Typical **** bull$#@!, of course.

RM1993
AG
If sips are putting out the same number of "fake soldiers", shouldn't Randy devote his time to addressing all the "emotionally stunted civilians" at his own alma mater?
First Page Last Page
Page 39 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.