Randolph Duke

768,986 Views | 3764 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by goodAg80
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems as if I got under his "skin"
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggiehawg
AG
In an entirely appropriate demonstration of how seldom our esteemed colleague gets things correct.

quote:
One of the guys over on Hornsports just posted something Liucci wrote:

"The shine is definitely off and reality is staring to set it. He's stating the obvious (we shouldn't be fighting to hold onto our commits to visit or stick against tu) and preparing us for tu winning head to head for the first time in Sumlin's tenure. In fact, the trojan horse of Jackson, Cuffee and McCullough poisoning the well with Madubuike is probably real. These guys are going to chip away at him to join them in Austin. I will reserve judgement until LOI are faxed in but this class may signal the nail in Sumlin's coffin. The two QB departures and another year with second-half collapse gave the BDF ammunition to bash Sumlin and the program.

Cholie & tu has dropped No Vaseline and Ether on Sumlin's and A&M's head. Time to boss the $#@! up and counter or kick rocks. Time to bounce if you can't beat a 6-6, 5-7 coach with complete staff turnover for guys committed to you for almost a year. It's over, Johnny." http://www.hornsports.com/forums/top...9-30/?p=196224
Looch did not write that. A poster on the Ag numbers site did. But, hey, sounds better and fits Randy's narrative to just lie about it instead. At least he posted a working link this time so it was debunked with one click.
dermdoc
AG
I bet he won't admit he was wrong like I did.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
.... The problem is that we know the claim the phrase was connected with Gill in 1922 is a fraudulent statement. Keep looking...and find me an example of E. King Gill being associated with the school's 12th Man tradition. There isn't one until 1962, almost 40 years after the school claims. ...

So that is the issue. Not whether the phrase was sparingly used in the yearbook, but how the school corroborates its claim that in 1922 it started using the phrase as a remembrance someone the school pretty much forgot about for forty years.

Show me any instance you can find from between 1922 and 1962 where the school in any way connected its 12th Man tradition with E. King Gill as the university claims in its federal court filings. Not occasional instances of the phrase in a yearbook every year or two, but specific instances where the phrase is connected to E. King Gill as was explained in the federal court filing. Here's a hint - they don't exist, because the claim the university started using the phrase "12th Man" in 1922 in remembrance of E. King Gill is a fraud. If they existed, they would be on display on campus with the other Gill memorabilia. No one believes the university has thousands upon thousands of examples of Gill connected with the phrase "12th Man" from 1922 to 1962 that the school is just too humble to put them on display. They have ZERO. Its the biggest **** lie in the history of the school. Its a fraud!

And that is what is going to be explained, hopefully soon, in a major publication. Whoop!

Hmmm. Isn't there a pdf floating around the internet of a 1942 DMN article about Major E. King Gill, the "Texas Ag of Twelfth Man Fame", serving in the WW2 effort as a flight surgeon at an Army base?
    StephenvilleAg77
    Weird. Found this on a sip website via google search:
      http://www.hornsports.com/docs/****/DMN_Jul_16_1942.pdf
      MASAXET
      AG
      Said this from the beginning of Randy's crusade: does he even know what is required to prove fraud generally or, more particularly, fraud on the USPTO? I am curious how the statements he alleges are incorrect (even assuming he is right) are material and would have affected the decision on the application? Also curious how he thinks anyone would go about proving the fraudulent intent required.

Just for reference, in case anyone is interested:

"A third party may petition to cancel a registered trademark on the ground that the registration was obtained fraudulently. Fraud in procuring a trademark registration or renewal occurs when an applicant knowingly makes false, material representations of fact in connection with his application. A party seeking cancellation of a trademark registration for fraudulent procurement bears a heavy burden of proof. Indeed, the very nature of the charge of fraud requires that it be proven 'to the hilt' with clear and convincing evidence. There is no room for speculation, inference or surmise and, obviously, any doubt must be resolved against the charging party.

Mandated by the statute and caselaw, the Board had consistently and correctly acknowledged that there is a material legal distinction between a 'false' representation and a 'fraudulent' one, the latter involving an intent to deceive, whereas the former may be occasioned by a misunderstanding, an inadvertence, a mere negligent omission, or the like. In other words, deception must be willful to constitute fraud."

In re Bose Corp., 580 F.3d 1240, 1243 (Fed. Cir. 2009) (internal citations and quotation marks omitted).

So what's the materiality in the mark being attributed to E. King Gill or not in the '30s and '40s? Is It Duke's contention that this fact was important to the decision to grant the TM? Also, how does his "evidence" demonstrate a fraudulent intent on the filing? Even if you grant a mistake was made, the intent to deceive on this (non-material) fact sure would be an uphill climb.
      RDV-1992
      quote:
      Even if you grant a mistake was made, the intent to deceive on this (non-material) fact sure would be an uphill climb.

This is Randi's Everest. I believe that he will continue climbing until he gives up the ghost.
      p_bubel
      30 ****ing seconds:

The Batt/Texas A&M Daily Bulletinin 1924:

10/25/24 Aggies Tied SMU on the road, 7-7

Galveston 1937:

Get bent Randy.

quote:
      His biggest problem seems to be the EKG story and the origination of when he became the 12th Man.
      Completely irrelevant. It was in use by '24. If he wants to move the goal posts again he can dig into the origin story in the Batt's archives from '22 to late '24. I'm sure one of the hitler youth at Cushing would be happy to help.

The Collective
      AG
      I think Randy is the one that found the DMN article from the 40s. He doesn't quote maybe the biggest key element from that story in any of his essays if I recall. His biggest problem seems to be the EKG story and the origination of when he became the 12th Man. Well, based on the DMN column, it was sometime before 1944. Such a dumb, stupid ass argument.
      SlackerAg
      AG
      The bottom line is, someone made a bet earlier & he didn't take it. Money talks...
      realestateguru
      AG
      You haven't heard? He has provided all pertinent documents to the Colts attorney, external attorney, cowchip, and now a mysterious reporter that is writing a novel that is going to blow out all of our tradition lies! What a loser and pathetic human
      aggiehawg
      AG
      Any one else remember the great opus he promised debunking the origins of the Aggie War Hymn around Memorial Day??

That included such memorable claims that trench warfare in WWI didn't occur during rains??
      Jock 07
      AG
      quote:
      Any one else remember the great opus he promised debunking the origins of the Aggie War Hymn around Memorial Day??

That included such memorable claims that trench warfare in WWI didn't occur during rains??

Cause foxholes and trenches would fill with rain, or some asinine ****.
      GrapevineAg
      AG
      quote:
      quote:
      .... The problem is that we know the claim the phrase was connected with Gill in 1922 is a fraudulent statement. Keep looking...and find me an example of E. King Gill being associated with the school's 12th Man tradition. There isn't one until 1962, almost 40 years after the school claims. ...

So that is the issue. Not whether the phrase was sparingly used in the yearbook, but how the school corroborates its claim that in 1922 it started using the phrase as a remembrance someone the school pretty much forgot about for forty years.

Show me any instance you can find from between 1922 and 1962 where the school in any way connected its 12th Man tradition with E. King Gill as the university claims in its federal court filings. Not occasional instances of the phrase in a yearbook every year or two, but specific instances where the phrase is connected to E. King Gill as was explained in the federal court filing. Here's a hint - they don't exist, because the claim the university started using the phrase "12th Man" in 1922 in remembrance of E. King Gill is a fraud. If they existed, they would be on display on campus with the other Gill memorabilia. No one believes the university has thousands upon thousands of examples of Gill connected with the phrase "12th Man" from 1922 to 1962 that the school is just too humble to put them on display. They have ZERO. Its the biggest **** lie in the history of the school. Its a fraud!

And that is what is going to be explained, hopefully soon, in a major publication. Whoop!

Hmmm. Isn't there a pdf floating around the internet of a 1942 DMN article about Major E. King Gill, the "Texas Ag of Twelfth Man Fame", serving in the WW2 effort as a flight surgeon at an Army base?
      quote:
      Weird. Found this on a sip website via google search: http://www.hornsports.com/docs/****/DMN_Jul_16_1942.pdf

Boom! Head shot!
      aggiehawg
      AG
      Our esteemed colleague caught in another lie. Imagine that!

But still he has his acolytes who will spread his BS throughout the internet. I really hope Chip takes him seriously and writes something based upon his tripe. Would be the absolute end to Chip's career.

Something like this:

Falsedawn
      AG
      Wait, EKG played in the game?
      Dazed and Confused
      AG
      No, read it again.
      Falsedawn
      AG
      "Available records fail to disclose that he played in the game, which A.&M. finally won, 22 to 14, in a major upset".

That's worded so oddly.
      Dazed and Confused
      AG
      Agree the wording is not the best. But I haven't seen any supporting documents he played. Only that he came from the stands and suited up.
      Jock 07
      AG
      Didn't this dip**** also try to claim that Gill wasn't even present.
      aggiehawg
      AG
      quote:
      "Available records fail to disclose that he played in the game, which A.&M. finally won, 22 to 14, in a major upset".

That's worded so oddly.
      Agree. It should say "whether he played in the game." Typesetters were not above "editing" an article to make the columns fit back then.
      aggiehawg
      AG
      I'll be damned! A poster has challenged Randy with this:

quote:
      From the Piqua Daily Call - Piqua, OH, October 11, 1941
      Uncle Howdy
      S
      Yeah but that isn't from a local paper, and is therefore invalid /Randy
      aggiehawg
      AG
      That poster only has like 8 posts. My bet is he gets negged to oblivion and banned within the next hour.
      aggiehawg
      AG
      Randy's response:

quote:
      Nice work, sport. As I requested, show me any instance you can find from between 1922 and 1962 where the school in any way connected its 12th Man tradition with E. King Gill as the university claims in its federal court filings.

In their federal court filings, the university claims the school (not some random sportswriter unconnected with the school) has used the mark 12TH MAN (hereinafter, the "12TH MAN Mark") in connection with sporting events and numerous products and services. The 12TH MAN Mark was initially adopted in 1922 as a remembrance of a student at Texas A&M, E. King Gill.

I have conceded, for the sake of argument, that Gill came from the stands on Jan 2, 1922. The problem is that no one cared, not one noticed him and no one thought anything of it until at least 1939, when the fictitious radio play that had him as the only substitute (not one of 10 as actually was the case).

There is not a single bit of evidence to support the university's claim that the 12TH MAN Mark was initially adopted in 1922 as a remembrance of a student at Texas A&M, E. King Gill. There is not a single instance of the school making any mention as Gill in connection with the 12th Man mark prior to 1939 (your story is dates 1941), because there was no 12th Man tradition in remembrance of E. King Gill prior to the 1939 radio play. That claim is entirely fraudulent and we know this because Gill explains there was 12th Man tradition in remembrance of E. King Gill that started in 1922.

quote:
      The only real question about the school's fraud is, especially as the fraudulent claims were known in the federal court filings, whether the scheme constitutes federal criminal fraud. I believe it does.
      LOL.
      Falsedawn
      AG
      So we have a second 12th Man?
      aggiehawg
      AG
      How the hell did they ever trademark "Hook 'Em Horns" by Randy's standards?
      HECUBUS
      AG
      Sips
      Maroon Dawn
      AG
      Seriously, which one of you screwed his wife in front of him while singing the war hymn?

There's no other explanation !
      ClassOf17
      quote:
      Our esteemed colleague:

quote:
      I've just finished up a rather big project and am getting caught up on crap. I was laughing at my thread over on TOS, the one that idiot "doctor" started where he was gloating over the fictitious $35 million each SEC school made from SECN (what is it about **** and fictitious stories?).

One of them sure put me in my place. He is pretty sure he has disproven all my 12th Man research. Apologies for hijacking the thread for a moment, but I need to slap a nut squeezer back into his place.

DVM97
      11:25a L AG
      What a jackwad! I have a copy of the 1933 Longhorn where the 12th man is mentioned. Idiot.
      They have the mentality of little children in that they don't grasp even simple concepts very well.

Well, DMV, here is the problem.

In paragraph 7 of the complaint the school filed against the Colts, the university explains the school's 12th Man "tradition"

Since as early as 1922, Texas A&M has used the mark 12TH MAN (hereinafter, the "12TH MAN Mark") in connection with sporting events and numerous products and services. The 12TH MAN Mark was initially adopted in 1922 as a remembrance of a student at Texas A&M, E. King Gill, and his spirit of readiness to serve Texas A&M's football team in time of need.
      The 12th Man trademark is supposedly connected with E. King Gill starting in 1922. While you may find occasional incidences where the phrase may show up in a school yearbook, those incidences mean nothing unless they are directly connected with E. King Gill. What we are wondering is how the school corroborates their claim that the phrase was adopted in 1922 in connection with E. King Gill. (Of course we know there was absolutely ZERO connection between Gill and the phrase or any school "tradition" between 1922 and 1939 because Gill himself repeatedly told is that in 1964)

The problem is that we know the claim the phrase was connected with Gill in 1922 is a fraudulent statement. Keep looking through those yearbooks and find me an example of E. King Gill being associated with the school's 12th Man tradition. There isn't one until 1962, almost 40 years after the school claims. And in the 1962 yearbook, Gill is cluelessly referred to as "King S. Gill" (hardly a revered hero when you don't even know his name).

Wow dude. Traditions don't happen over night. In fact, things aren't often appreciated until many, many years later. We didn't just act like the colts and Seahawks and up and start being the '12th man' one day. It grew over time. Chill out old man

This guy doesn't even know the definition of the word 'humble'.
      aggiehawg
      AG
      quote:
      Wow dude. Traditions don't happen over night. In fact, things aren't often appreciated until many, many years later. We didn't just act like the colts and Seahawks and up and start being the '12th man' one day. It grew over time. Chill out old man

They do on the 40 acres. They make something up in response to us and BOOM! a tradition is born. No matter who they stole it from.
      Jock 07
      AG
      quote:
      quote:

They do on the 40 acres. They make something up in response to us and BOOM! a tradition is born. No matter who they stole it from.
      Like their obnoxious drum?
      ClassOf17
      quote:
      quote:

What he doesn't understand is that the twelfth man isn't just a name we call ourselves. It isn't just gill. It's the idea of Aggies doing whatever it takes to help their team win. Texas A&M isn't the 12th man, the students are.

Gill went down to help his team. So all Aggies now are ready to help their team in any way possible. That's the 12th man.

I've probably Stepped on A&M's campus a total of 5 times in my life and yet I know this.
      aggiehawg
      AG
      Some booster paid for the drum. It was in a basement at University of Chicago, as I recall, and he had it refurbished.
      GAC06
      AG
      Who has that picture of the corps spelling out "12th Man" at Kyle Field years before 1939? Would that blow a hole in Randy's idiotic argument yet again?
      First Page Last Page
      Page 4 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
      See Subscription Benefits
      Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.