Randolph Duke

769,156 Views | 3764 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by goodAg80
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did any of you catch the story about that 5th generation Aggie last night during the basketball game? I bet Randy Duke is researching the hell out of that Ag's story. It is exactly the kind of topic that he'd jump all over.
Buck O Five
AG
quote:
He's like a scientist, leaning on the Big Bang... when the current theory dries up, he's got to step back into the shadows and work on the next iteration of bs.
Rocco S
quote:
Did any of you catch the story about that 5th generation Aggie last night during the basketball game? I bet Randy Duke is researching the hell out of that Ag's story. It is exactly the kind of topic that he'd jump all over.

I imagined the steam coming out of that entire ****ed up fan base's ears during that segment as they were glued into the action
aggiehawg
AG
He's back on the 12th Man "issue" with the Colts. This morning's exchange FWIW:

Randy:
quote:
The attorney for the Colts is starting to annoy me. She filed for yet another extension (Feb 9) to answer the Complaint in the trademark litigation.
Response #1:
quote:
You realize this means they are probably trying to work out a settlement without having to incur the cost of filing a responsive pleading?

Response #2:
quote:
Either that, or they have taken Randy's research and have a top team of professionals working around the clock to validate it, crafting a response that will turn the college and professional sports worlds upside down.

Randy:
quote:
lol.

I don't care wither way. I just want something to happen so the article that is sitting out there can go forward. If the Colts want to settle, that is their prerogative. It won't change the fact that the story they are claiming if a fraudulent misrepresentation of the school's "tradition."

If TAMU wants to continue to use legal intimidation to coerce settlements based on their fraudulent misrepresentations, it just makes the story better when it goes to print.

At the end of the day, this will get exposed on a broad stage and the attorney general will be directly asked for a quote on the matter that will be widely published.
p_bubel
quote:
Either that, or they have taken Randy's research and have a top team of professionals working around the clock to validate it, crafting a response that will turn the college and professional sports worlds upside down.
The professional sports world upside down...

Good grief, it's not even that important to us Aggies let alone the professional sports world.
People have to convince themselves that what they do matters, I guess.
Science Denier
AG
quote:
quote:
Why don't we wait for distributions? That is really the time all of this matters, and everyone has a nice hard # once that occurs.

Many things in life are projected off of premature numbers. This is one of them, and is a good tool and great advertising info for the SEC and its members. No problem with being able to talk about the projected numbers and the actual numbers. Keeps the SEC in people's mouths.
OK, I'm no tax expert, but if the numbers come from tax returns, they are still projected numbers?
The Collective
AG
What article is he even discussing? There are about 50 internet posters that will read whatever he's referencing with great interest in the underlying humor of a human being that is completely off the reservation. Other than that, the impact level will be zilch.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Its pretty funny, all the sips and little 10 fans on the national boards I follow are parroting the "SEC teams ONLY made 31 mil and some of our teams make more than that!"

Its funny how no one from any other conference on these boards except the Little 10 is always trying to **** measure and try to claim the SEC isnt making much money really.

why is that you think?
SlackerAg
AG
I bet he's not on the Sam Houston boards -- his alma mater.
Waffledynamics
AG
quote:
He's like a scientist, leaning on the Big Bang... when the current theory dries up, he's got to step back into the shadows and work on the next iteration of bs.
Wait, do you think the Big Bang didn't happen?
dermdoc
AG
I have to admit I was wrong and Randy was right about the approximate 6 mill per team. However, this will probably go up. I misread the tweet. I still like our position and conference a lot more than where the sips are.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Maroon Dawn
AG
B1G and SEC about to separate themselves from the rest in the next 7 years.

Little 10 just wants to pretend they are still part of the club
Dazed and Confused
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Why don't we wait for distributions? That is really the time all of this matters, and everyone has a nice hard # once that occurs.

Many things in life are projected off of premature numbers. This is one of them, and is a good tool and great advertising info for the SEC and its members. No problem with being able to talk about the projected numbers and the actual numbers. Keeps the SEC in people's mouths.
OK, I'm no tax expert, but if the numbers come from tax returns, they are still projected numbers?
The 2015 tax year for the SEC ended Aug 31, 2015. People are trying to project the May 2016 distribution to each school. The May 2016 distribution will be partially based on revenue from Sept 2015 to May 2016 that is not included in 2015 tax forms.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
B1G and SEC about to separate themselves from the rest in the next 7 years.

Little 10 just wants to pretend they are still part of the club
Five years ago, nearly six years now, we were presented with three options: The PAC, the SEC, and staying in the Big XII for "Beebe Bucks." In order to get us to stay, we were guaranteed a minimum of 20 million from the Big XII. That was at a time when the Big XII generated between 16-17 million per school on average, and everyone monetized their Tier 3 content on their own.

Now here we are. The Big XII is down two teams net, and has two others on partial distributions, yet the most they can generate is 25-26 million per team, plus whatever rights fees they could individually negotiate for Tier 3. And those total numbers will essentially remain flat. Were the Big XII at twelve teams with full membership, they would be right at 20 million dollars per school.

We made the better deal over the long run.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
I'm just dreading the day Obama's Attorney General responds to A&M's obvious betrayal of mankind and the universe. I'll get in line twice for my personal flogging we're all due in perpetuating the greatest lie in the history of time. The fact I didn't know it was The Greatest of All Sin is no excuse.

ALL HAIL THE SIP DUMPSTER FIRE!!!!!
AggieBand2004
AG
Let's not get of topic, but nope.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
The attorney for the Colts is starting to annoy me. She filed for yet another extension (Feb 9) to answer the Complaint in the trademark litigation.
I am sure the feeling is mutual!
[url=http://www.sh****texas.com/board/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=9136150][/url]
Dazed and Confused
AG
quote:
Randy: "**** received $31.5million in conference distributions for their T1/2/3 television rights, bowl income and NCAA basketball distribution. The Big 12 payout this last year was $25 million for T1/2 rights. West Virginia gets roughly $6 million for their T3 rights, so congratulations "dermdoc," you are right up there with West Virginia."

A few observations:

1) I believe a total of $19MM was retained by some bowl participation schools and not part of the SEC distribution. Will have to check if A&M is part of this $19MM.

2) There is a difference in T3 television rights and T3 rights. WVU $86.5MM ( over 12 years) T3 contract includes a lot more than just the T3 television rights. So comparing A&Ms T1/T2/T3 television rights to Big12 payout (T1/T2) + WVU T3 rights is not a fair comparison.
Waffledynamics
AG
quote:
Let's not get of topic, but nope.
...Why do you think the Big Bang did not happen?
AggieBand2004
AG
This is really the wrong forum for that discussion, and I don't venture over to R&P. Sorry
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
Randy: "**** received $31.5million in conference distributions for their T1/2/3 television rights, bowl income and NCAA basketball distribution. The Big 12 payout this last year was $25 million for T1/2 rights. West Virginia gets roughly $6 million for their T3 rights, so congratulations "dermdoc," you are right up there with West Virginia."

A few observations:

1) I believe a total of $19MM was retained by some bowl participation schools and not part of the SEC distribution. Will have to check if A&M is part of this $19MM.

2) There is a difference in T3 television rights and T3 rights. WVU $86.5MM T3 contract includes a lot more than just the T3 television rights. So comparing A&Ms T1/T2/T3 television rights to Big12 payout (T1/T2) + WVU T3 rights is not a fair comparison.

Is that a typo? Or the total contract over a number of years??
The Collective
AG
quote:
There is a difference in T3 television rights and T3 rights. WVU $86.5MM T3 contract includes a lot more than just the T3 television rights. So comparing A&Ms T1/T2/T3 television rights to Big12 payout (T1/T2) + WVU T3 rights is not a fair comparison.

Another good point. Also, I don't believe West Virginia is getting paid $25MM. I might be wrong though.
Dazed and Confused
AG
WVU $86.5MM T3 rights is over 12 years. $25MM is Big12 average payout. WVU only got $23MM this year as the new schools get paid less initially.
aggiehawg
AG
Thanks.
aggiehawg
AG
Question?? We still have our radio media rights, correct??
Rocco S
Yes. I think they're considered tier 4.

Can you really put a price tag on Dave?
schwack schwack
AG
Randy's quote
quote:
I don't care wither way.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Oh. He cares.
Velvet Jones
AG
quote:
Randy's quote
quote:
I don't care wither way.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Oh. He cares.

Of course he cares. It's all he has.

He'll end up committing suicide by cop. Hope he doesn't take anyone else with him.
aggiehawg
AG
Hate is actually life sustaining for some people. Without it, they have nothing else. This is his crowning achievement, his life's work...................................................to disprove a trademark.
BohunkAg
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
nm. Not worth the argument.
aggiehawg
AG
So Randy posts on tigerdroppings, eh?

quote:
I sneak over there from time to time, just to give **** some crap in a forum they can't shout me down in and to let the other SEC fans see what idiots they are. I'm hoping with the Colts file their answer to the **** complaint in the 12th Man litigation or there is some silly $1 settlement so the writer who is working on the story for the Texas periodical can publish his story. Once that breaks, the SEC fans should get a good dose just what **** is all about and i will fry some of the ****s over on the rant.

The **** reaction to their whole 12th Man fairy tale about to come crashing down amazes me in some ways and yet is entirely predictable. It is as if a giant rick is falling down right on top of them and all they do is stare at as it falls.

Even if the Colts settle for $1, it won't change the anything if the article comes out. On a (very) public platform, the ags will have to explain Gill's words that he knew of no tradition prior to 1939. None of Gill's yearbook pictures mention anything about any "tradition." Gill isn't connected in any way with the phrase "12th Man" in any **** yearbook for 40 years after his graduation and even then he is referred to as "King S Gill."

Chip Brown got all the info on the story last week and we all know he will just wait until the time is right, after he has filed his Open Records Act requests from he school for documents, to wind up John Sharp and humiliate him in public. John Sharp's only two options are going to be either admit he knew about false representations and did nothing or that he was in fact clueless about **** history and was only going by what he was taught in fish camp. And cuppy, Liucci, as well as all the Hitler Youth who lurk on the Shag are going to just let it happen. Because they are too clueless to get in touch with anyone at the Cushing Library and in John Sharp's office and have them put together an actual history of their 12th Man "tradition" that explains Gill's 1964 statements.

Between the article writer and Chip, if he chooses to take the opportunity to publicly humiliate John Sharp (as well as anyone else who wants to get in on the act), this is going to be one of the funnest **** stories since Ross Margraves.
realestateguru
AG
Wow! Charles is crazier than I thought! Does Rusk have any open beds?
aggiehawg
AG
BTW, my guess is Randy posts under "texashorn" on tigerdroppings and got his s*** pushed in just today arguing A&M is a "branch" of tu.......again.

LINK

ETA: Was wrong. He posts under his name and only made one post on another thread. Been a member since 2012, but only 8 posts total. Of course he could have texashorn as a sock account
schwack schwack
AG
^^^^ Holy ****. What a loser.
Last Page
Page 2 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.