Lampkin to OU ? Not so fast my friends......

11,534 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SPI-FlatsCatter 84
TailG8TR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know - may be Moon/Germans....NSIAP

Oh Yeah ?
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
"You knew what the requirements were to get in here. It's the state system. We know this, when you pass one part of the course, you're going to tell me you can't go back and pass the other part of it? Not that I would ever stop a young man from getting a college education I wouldn't. Once you have standards and you know what you have to go do, just be accountable. Just be a responsible young man. That's all I'm asking you do."

So did you, you dips***. But you offered him anyways, then lied to him right before NSD about Rumph leaving.

As to the third sentence, Strong is admitting that the fix was in. Lampkin just had to show-up or log-on and he would be guaranteed a passing grade. Which begs the question of whether he passed the first class.
soso33
"Here's my stance on that: we recruited Lampkin, there was so much time that we placed into Lampkin and then he understood what it took to get into school here," Strong said. "What I don't want to see happen is that all the sudden, we just set the standard where if a young man says, 'Hey, I have to finish this course and if I don't finish it I can go somewhere else,' now we're opening up the doors for other recruits for that to happen. So if you open up the door for one, what if it happens next year? Where there's another guy? Or it could be two guys."

So Strong thinks that future recruits might want to get out of their commitments to Texas?

Odd.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
So Strong thinks that future recruits might want to get out of their commitments to Texas?

Odd.

The plantation system that is the 40 acres. Or Hotel California. You can check out anytime you want but you can never leave.
agzonfine
AG
So Strong is mad that a kid is trying to get away from the program that lied to him about who his coaches would be? What a dip****
MooreTrucker00
So he is admitting that the only reason they won't release Lampkin is it would begin the precedent of consequences for lying to recruits.
StephenvilleAg77
The more Charlie Strong talks, the more it becomes clear he is a dishonest two-faced hypocrite. He lied to his players at Louisville. Apparently he and/or Rumpf lied to Lampkin too. And his statements in his deposition for the Wickline lawsuit, wow, smh. What a clown show at utex.
goodAg80
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Odd.

The plantation system that is the 40 acres. Or Hotel California. You can check out anytime you want but you can never leave.
HTownAg98
quote:
The more Charlie Strong talks, the more it becomes clear he is a dishonest two-faced hypocrite. He lied to his players at Louisville. Apparently he and/or Rumpf lied to Lampkin too. And his statements in his deposition for the Wickline lawsuit, wow, smh. What a clown show at utex.

And our coach wouldn't divulge the name of the new dc to a recruit, which likely resulted in him going elsewhere.
MooreTrucker
AG
Nice username
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:

And our coach wouldn't divulge the name of the new dc to a recruit, which likely resulted in him going elsewhere.

And? There was no lie there. Just smart business.
schwack schwack
AG

quote:
    "The petty man is eager to make boasts, yet desires that others should believe in him. He enthusiastically engages in deception, yet wants others to have affection for him. He conducts himself like an animal, yet wants others to think well of him."Xun Zi

HTownAg98
quote:
quote:
quote:

That was the point. A recruit wasn't worth Sumlin throwing away his integrity.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ah, got it. I misread your intent.
permabull
AG
d78230
AG
I guess Chollie might have a case if he could prove without a doubt that duvonta intentionally failed his classes.

But how do you prove that a teenager who could barely pass his classes to graduate failed intentionally??

I'm guessing the ncaa and any court in the land, outside of Travis county, would rule in duvontas behave.

Roadhouse
AG
"Strong added that he doesn't know if any tampering from Oklahoma took place."

Guy doesn't even know his zip code or starting QB's name either.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
I guess Chollie might have a case if he could prove without a doubt that duvonta intentionally failed his classes.

But how do you prove that a teenager who could barely pass his classes to graduate failed intentionally??

I'm guessing the ncaa and any court in the land, outside of Travis county, would rule in duvontas behave.

Not to quote Hillary, but what difference does it make whether he failed intentionally or not?? He's not qualified for admission. End of inquiry.
wbt5845
AG
SO - the LOI becomes void on Wednesday. Can Du'vonte sign a LOI with OU that day, go on scholarship and start practice?
HTownAg98
When does OU start classes?
wbt5845
AG
quote:
When does OU start classes?
http://bfy.tw/1RJe
ABATTBQ11
AG
It's all about the kids, but I want what's best for me and my team. If these kids don't like it, well they can just spend some time in the pit.
Mathguy64
AG
So Chollie has one recruit who is purposefully failing classes not to come on campus, and he's got another guy who is cheating on his ACT just to get there. That's the most amazing bookend set of recruits I have ever heard of.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
quote:

If you recall, back in 2011/2012 when Sumlin first started at A&M, he initially target Pat Narduzzi for DC, but word leaked on to the message boards and got bacck to Michigan State who gave Nard-Dog a big raise to stay a couple more years. Sumlin was left holding the bag and had to settle for Mark Snyder.

In 2014, Sumlin learned his lesson and kept his mouth shut.
CashMcMog
AG
Lampkin and whichever parent signed LOI should file a negligent misrepresentation suit to void the "contract". Should be great to test Charles' theory of setting a bad precedent.
Charlie 31
AG
OP, this is not Germans; it is East Germans, as well as Russians, as in the Soviet Union.

Chollie's version of "Sovietization" is his feeble attempt to keep high school recruits from leaving the 40 Acres when they find out about his and his staff's recruiting lies. Joseph Stalin used this same tactic in the 1950s to try to supposedly keep "western agents" from entering the Soviet-held areas of the Eastern Block when in effect it was an attempt to keep anybody living in the Soviet sector from leaving for a better life in the West. The Berlin Wall was built under this same pretense.

Here is Chollie's version of Sovietization: "Here's my stance on [why I will not approve releasing defensive tackle Du'Vonta Lampkin from his National Letter of Intent]. We recruited Lampkin, there was so much time placed into Lampkin and [he] understood what it took to get into school here. ... You knew the requirements to get in here. It's a state system."

MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
SO - the LOI becomes void on Wednesday. Can Du'vonte sign a LOI with OU that day, go on scholarship and start practice?
He doesn't actually have to sign an LOI, right? Especially at this point, he can just enroll.
HTownAg98
Correct. He can be a walk-on if he has to. The kicker is he has to be able to enroll after he is denied admission to sippystan. The only issue could be if the last day to enroll at ou is before that day in Austin.
I'm betting that Stoops has a scholarship available for him. If he doesn't, he will find one.
DifferenceMaker Ag
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, but in hindsight, he should have told Malik that he was bringing in Chobbit,and that Chobbit was under strict orders to keep it under wraps at all costs.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, but in hindsight, he should have told Malik that he was bringing in Chobbit,and that Chobbit was under strict orders to keep it under wraps at all costs.
Nah, Malik wasn't worth that. Strong wasn't a true factor. Momma wanted the sips even if a troll was the coach.

Malik will be on his 3rd DC when he leaves the sip program.

Chavis will still be at A&M. More than a fair trade for us.
HTownAg98
It came down to a coach who couldn't name his DC versus a coach who can't name his OC.
Busdriver99
AG
I laughed
aggiehawg
AG
Sips getting silly now. From the shag:

quote:
Is this why the UT BOR voted 7-1 to allow the President special power to accept applicants? Would love for this to be the first social acceptance. The rule went into place immediately.

quote:
From NewsOK.com

NORMAN Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops confirmed Monday that freshman defensive tackle Du'Vonta Lampkin is on campus and in the process of joining the football team.

"Good to have Du'Vonta here," Stoops said.

Stoops said Lampkin didn't practice Monday, as he still has to be medically cleared like every newcomer.

Lampkin, from Houston, committed to the Sooners as a high school junior in November 2013, but decommitted the following summer. He then committed to Texas, signing with the Longhorns last February.

But two days after signing day, Texas defensive line coach Chris Rumph announced he was leaving to take the same position at Florida. Lampkin was openly upset about the news.

This summer, Lampkin announced at a news conference that Texas' foreign language requirements would keep him from being admitted to school, so he wouldn't attend UT.

The National Letter of Intent guidelines state that it is "declared null and void if you have a written denial of admission," but Lampkin does not have that denial letter.

Texas coach Charlie Strong said this weekend that he would not release Lampkin from his letter of intent.

Stoops said OU is still working through Lampkin's eligibility, but that he will be put on scholarship at OU.

quote:
quote:
could be, I guess the timing of everything will matter. When is/was he "officially" released? I imagine it's quiet on our end because the Texas AD is seeing what kind of case it can build, if any.

quote:
He's been accepted to OU. He can move up there and enroll as a regular student, tuition isn't due until late September, but I don't see how he can engage in any football related activity except as a Walk on, and the coaches would need to be incredibly careful to avoid tampering regarding scholerships from my reading of the NLI rules. The fact that Stoops is openly saying they are going to put him on scholarship indicates:
1. they understand the end game here well enough that they aren't concerned about tampering
2. they $#@!ed up
3. he's talking about some sort of need based, academic grant, but again, that's seems shady as $#@!.

Again, the wild card is how the UT provisional acceptance interacts with the NLI and how hard UT wants to push a legal case on our end. If we want to litigate this issue, and it seems like that's where Strong is leaning, then Lampkin could be well and truly $#@!ed and this thing could drag out with the NLI committee for a while.

Of course, all this assumes Lampkin doesn't have the 33K to pay full tuition and just be a preferred walk on, which is a legal course for him.
leftcoastaggie
AG
quote:
Again, the wild card is how the UT provisional acceptance interacts with the NLI and how hard UT wants to push a legal case on our end. If we want to litigate this issue, and it seems like that's where Strong is leaning, then Lampkin could be well and truly $#@!ed and this thing could drag out with the NLI committee for a while.

Because a lawsuit with one Oklahoma school isn't enough?
Frankie T
quote:
"Here's my stance on that: we recruited Lampkin, there was so much time that we placed into Lampkin and then he understood what it took to get into school here," Strong said. "What I don't want to see happen is that all the sudden, we just set the standard where if a young man says, 'Hey, I have to finish this course and if I don't finish it I can go somewhere else,' now we're opening up the doors for other recruits for that to happen. So if you open up the door for one, what if it happens next year? Where there's another guy? Or it could be two guys."

Odd.
Yeah we wouldn't want to set a standard about being dishonest when it comes to LOI, would we Charlie? What a lying, arrogant jackass!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.