Lhn showing the 2011 a&m/tu game

7,805 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by aggiehawg
longhornhere55
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
a network solely devoted to tu that does nothing but try to show how great tu is, and in effort to do that they broadcast a four year old game against a school they said didn't matter to them

Bwahahahahaha

And yet the SECNetwork does the exact same thing.

So how excited were you when your 1/14th share of the network devoted some programming to Aggie?
45-70Ag
AG
Excited when pay day hit.
AggieBand2004
AG
longhornhere55, headed home to turn on the LHN and watch old family movies

Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:
It was a joke. Unwad your panties.

The mental picture of a grand ol' Dame saying this out loud renews my faith in humankind.
45-70Ag
AG
I like wadded panties............

In my mouth

Just kidding
Gross myself out
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:

The mental picture of a grand ol' Dame saying this out loud renews my faith in humankind.
Haven't you heard?? I'm a hoot and a half!!

I'm am somewhat reticent on this board, cuss a lot more IRL.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:
So how excited were you when your 1/14th share of the network devoted some programming to Aggie?

The intelligence level of this question indicates you will not be able to understand the answer.

But, to try and translate: It's no high school game, but it'll do.
longhornhere55
quote:
Not surprised that the measurement of success for Aggie these days is $$$ and not success on the field.

But SEC SEC SEC.
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
quote:
Not surprised that the measurement of success for Aggie these days is $$$ and not success on the field.

Oh... the Hypocrisy.
Wildmen03
AG
quote:

HOLY **** DO YOU NOT SEE THE IRONY POSTED IN THIS, COMING FROM A TSHIRT SIP FAN.

CHRIST.
Decay
AG
quote:
quote:

HOLY **** DO YOU NOT SEE THE IRONY POSTED IN THIS, COMING FROM A TSHIRT SIP FAN.

CHRIST.
I can answer that: No. He does not see. He could, but he chooses not to. Because his entire life depends on a school he didn't attend doing better than us.
longhornhere55
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I do not understand how they think the lhn is a positive for them. I am a Dish customer. On my guide I have all of the SD channels hidden. When I flip past the lhn there is never anything on it. It cannot cost that much to broadcast their crap in HD. The SECN certainly doesn't have any problem broadcasting everything in HD. I guess it just highlights the differences in how the networks are managed.
I have to wonder if ESPN is holding that HD channel open for an ACC Network???

Wow. Where did you come up with that whopper? ESPN has nothing to do with this.
A joke? Okay, another thing your not very good at!
'03ag
quote:
So the ex-wife is watching old home videos again while binge eating ice cream in her old wedding dress again?
she ain't fitting into that dress.
Muy
AG
quote:
quote:
So the ex-wife is watching old home videos again while binge eating ice cream in her old wedding dress again?
she ain't fitting into that dress.

you left out the house full of cats. Charlie has 2 of them himself who frolic around while he's kicking his feet up on his desk.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
A joke? Okay, another thing your not very good at!

I can spell, correctly, however. Got that going for me.
MASAXET
AG
quote:
quote:
a network solely devoted to tu that does nothing but try to show how great tu is, and in effort to do that they broadcast a four year old game against a school they said didn't matter to them

Bwahahahahaha

The SECN is showing old A&M-tu games? I was not aware . . .
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bwahahahahaha

The SECN is showing old A&M-tu games? I was not aware . . .
Of course not.

The sad thing?? Someone thought that replaying that game would garner Aggie eyeballs to boost their dismal ratings. Very pathetic. The LHN is a money pit for ESPN. And a yoke for tu. They screwed themselves, so badly.

And they still haven't figured that out, yet.
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
quote:
quote:

But SEC SEC SEC.

That money helped us put. Half a bil into stadium and facility upgrades. But recruits don't care about that sort of nonsense.
MasonStorm
the game was a blessing....lol

Yeah, got rid of one .500 conference coach for one who is 2 games over .500 with a fully guaranteed 30 million dollar contract. But the names delivering the beatings are better than the ones in the Big 12

Advantage A&M...best football in the state played at Kyle, just on the opposing sideline
wbt5845
AG
quote:
MasonStorm
posted 10:45a, 02/10/12

Mizzou and A&M will pay. Litigation could postpone a move to the SEC which neither school could afford.

Prob between 30-40 million combined. Wonder if the SEc will throw in?
Bobcat06
AG
That game got Mack a raise and contract extension
wbt5845
AG
quote:
MasonStorm
7:04p
3/6/12

Big 12 had a better bowl record and a better out of conference record than the SEC. Other than the top two the SEC (like most years) is mediocre at best. Simply beating over ranked SEC teams (see preseason record) in conference and playing more div 2 schools than all other BCS conferences is not that impressive. Hell A&M should have beat Arky and A&M didn't even finish in the top half of the conference.

Big 12 is just fine and will continue to be a top 2 conference as they have been. The lost teams do not change this. They may change TV ratings, but quality football is a wash at best for the departing teams (on field performance).
wbt5845
AG
quote:
MasonStorm
10:32a
9/22/11

Only place in Texas for high school recruits to watch A&M will be in college station. Tech and Baylor gain ground on A&M in in state recruiting due to A&M's decreased in state exposure.
AggieBand2004
AG
quote:
Yeah, got rid of one .500 conference coach for one who is 2 games over .500 with a fully guaranteed 30 million dollar contract.
Do you really want to broach the subject of former coach versus current coach? Especially in focusing on conference records?
Rocco S
quote:

Yeah, got rid of one .500 conference coach for one who is 2 games over .500 with a fully guaranteed 30 million dollar contract. But the names delivering the beatings are better than the ones in the Big 12

Advantage A&M...best football in the state played at Kyle, just on the opposing sideline
Your tshirt team is paying off a coach they gave a gave a raise and extension to after that game, a big reason why they're currently in debt. They replaced him with a $5MM plus per year coach that put up a losing season and won 2 less games in his first season than his predecessor did in his final season.

This is why your fan base earned such a high stupidity ranking from Clay Travis.
Rocco S
quote:
Quote:
MasonStorm 5:07p, 10/21/11
What is this myical SEC network? Florida just renewed their third tier rights contract with the Sunshine network for 10mill a yr. sounds like the SEC network is a ways off if it ever happens. Schools like Flrd know thierry right are worth double than the rest of the conf. Miss st, ole miss, Vandy, A&M, Arky etc etc

Holy **** you're ****ing stupid
Dr. Abbott, DDS
quote:
quote:
Quote:
MasonStorm 5:07p, 10/21/11
What is this myical SEC network? Florida just renewed their third tier rights contract with the Sunshine network for 10mill a yr. sounds like the SEC network is a ways off if it ever happens. Schools like Flrd know thierry right are worth double than the rest of the conf. Miss st, ole miss, Vandy, A&M, Arky etc etc

Holy **** you're ****ing stupid
Lol
longhornhere55
quote:
quote:

Your tshirt team is paying off a coach they gave a gave a raise and extension to after that game, a big reason why they're currently in debt. They replaced him with a $5MM plus per year coach that put up a losing season and won 2 less games in his first season than his predecessor did in his final season.

This is why your fan base earned such a high stupidity ranking from Clay Travis.

Yo Rocco. So how much is A&M paying Coach Swagger for those 6th place finishes in the sec west?

And is it true Aggie negotiated a buy out clause that gives Coach Swagger his full salary if/when he's dumped? If true, I think even you would have to agree that would merit a high stupidity ranking. Yes?
45-70Ag
AG
Damn

I'm not the smartest guy in the world but holy hell, everything mason said was dead ass wrong.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
And is it true Aggie negotiated a buy out clause that gives Coach Swagger his full salary if/when he's dumped? If true, I think even you would have to agree that would merit a high stupidity ranking. Yes?
Which part of a "guaranteed contract" do you not understand??

Better learn that quickly, because Strong has one, and you guys are broke and can't afford his buy-out.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yo Rocco. So how much is A&M paying Coach Swagger for those 6th place finishes in the sec west?

A&M has paid Sumlin $386K per win
texas has paid Strong $833K per win

texas pays twice as much to win in a weaker conference
MasonStorm
REally?

The big 12 was fine last year, with two top 10 teams and one blowing the doors off an sec "power" Allbarn, and with two teams in the top 10 again (20%) looks good again.

I was wrong, Tech and Baylor did not gain ground on A&M. It was TCU and Baylor that blew by A&M and are having much more success on a level the aggs can't touch (ie conference titles and playoffs)

Yes we can compare conference records when Charlie is in year 4, but if its anywhere near Sumlins (.500, 2-11 vs teams with winning conf records, and losing every game at home) I don't think he will make it to year four, so this comparison is moot

Mack Brown got a raise, great. He also won a national title and played for another one(as well as BCS bowls). You are paying sumlin the same amount of money (with a raise and guaranteed contract) for a chicken bowl win and a .500 conference record. Didn't Fran just finally come off the payroll?

And the SEC network DID take time, like nearly 5 years from my post. Great detective work there buddy

yep, way off
TexasAggie1981
Why would a network dedicated to a certain fan base show a game they lost... Are you an idiot?

Find me a game on the SEC network where they show an SEC team losing to a team from another conference. Use your brain.
Rocco S
quote:
REally?

The big 12 was fine last year, with two top 10 teams and one blowing the doors off an sec "power" Allbarn, and with two teams in the top 10 again (20%) looks good again.

Wisconsin is a big 12 team? ****ing moron.

quote:
I was wrong, Tech and Baylor did not gain ground on A&M. It was TCU and Baylor that blew by A&M and are having much more success on a level the aggs can't touch (ie conference titles and playoffs)

Which of those steams made the playoffs? Good grief you're a stupid MF. Our 2012 season trumps both of their 2014 & 13 seasons.

quote:
Yes we can compare conference records when Charlie is in year 4, but if its anywhere near Sumlins (.500, 2-11 vs teams with winning conf records, and losing every game at home) I don't think he will make it to year four, so this comparison is moot

Charlie was blown out by 21 or more 5 times with a roster full of 4 & 5 star upper class men. Your tshirt team is going to be worse this year. He has no chance of having a better overall conference or overall record after 4 years than Sumlin.

quote:
Mack Brown got a raise, great. He also won a national title and played for another one(as well as BCS bowls). You are paying sumlin the same amount of money (with a raise and guaranteed contract) for a chicken bowl win and a .500 conference record. Didn't Fran just finally come off the payroll?

You missed the point as usual because you're a dumb MF.

quote:
And the SEC network DID take time, like nearly 5 years from my post. Great detective work there buddy

yep, way off

Your stupid ass can't even do basic math. The SEC Network materialized about 1 year after that post and was on air 3 years later.
88jrt06
AG
quote:
REally?

yep, way off

My God.... I remember lil Mason!

How are those nice young men in their clean white coats?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.