Gentry to UM?

22,578 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by d78230
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
True, but a high draft pick in the early 80's is a tad different than in 2015.
Money maybe different, but he'd still play AAA ball for a couple years. That's what changed Kevin's mind.

Kevin's said he'd rather be having fun with friends in college than being on the road every day when you're 18. I doubt that's different for Kyler
No way he is playing AAA anytime soon, if he gets drafted by MLB.

He'd go to Az for rookie ball during the summer. I haven't seen him play, but if he is over-the-top incredible, there would be a chance to play short season A ball in something like the NW league. The Rangers have a team in that league. It is predominately for newly drafted college players (most kids are 21-23+) to get a better expectation of where they are. There are some players that come out of HS or from the LATAM. King Felix and Martin Perez were among the youngest players to play there.

If he were my son, coming out of HS, I would expect him to make the typical tour of minors... 2-3+ years to get to AA ball, at which point he (and the team) will have a good idea if he has a future career playing baseball.

His uncle Calvin Murray played MLB, as well, so he certainly has a good team to chat with.

He could end up signing for $1.5M+, and that is a crap load more than his father signed for.

You want to know what kind of guidance he has access to:

Calvin Murray was drafted in '89 with the 11th Pick, Did not sign. Was drafted with the 7th Pick 3 years later in '92. He made his debut in '99, 7 years later. In his career, he made less than $1M in 4 seasons.

By comparison, Kevin was drafted in the 11th Round.

At best, AFAIK, at most College players get to AA the summer after they are drafted.

<added work "at" in last sentence. It read that they should expect AA, but I intended best-case they can get there.>
DallasAg 94
Some expectation...

Mike Trout and Bryce Harper were both very rare cases. Both spent 2 years in the minors. They are the exception... not the rule. They are 6'2/230 and 6'3"/225, respectvely. Kyler is listed as 5'10"/180. All 3 would play OF.
yardfurtherout
when I tell you it's Easter

dye your mother f'n eggs.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:

Got any oxy?
Potcake
AG
quote:

So, are you a Brokeback Bucky Godbolt starter kit?
yardfurtherout
quote:
quote:

you really have zero idea

AND

Everything that I have posted on this thread is straight one hunert.

even though most of it has disappeared....cuz you all are paying this dude for better news
GAC06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

AND

even though most of it has disappeared....cuz you all are paying this dude for better news

You said you're getting Kirk. Stick to popping pills, slapdick
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

AND

This won't turn out like your marriage.
GAC06
AG
We signed a five star receiver as an "anchor baby" to land a five star quarterback. Insightful analysis as usual from an oxygen thief like you.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
I got it pot cake, good one.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
He gone
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
He gone
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Whorns calling Gentry a ***** for bailing on them. All in on Kyler now.
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
quote:
He gone

The Gentry Era is over in sipville.
GAC06
AG
Kyler wasn't tall enough until the evening of January 24, 2015
PosterFormallyKnownAsRojo
AG
I noticed the Sips point total went UP at the same time Gentry was removed on Rivals. Rigged.
DallasAg 94
Zach needs to update his twitter...

And I actually DO think this is good for the Ags.

We have Kyle Allen in the Fall.

If we get Kyler... all the better. He isn't starting in the Fall.

If they are implementing a new O and touting it... think about how bad that OLine will be.

If Kyler goes to the horns and starts in the Fall, most on here will be thinking we dodged a huge miss.

If they don't fix the OLine, they will be insufferable.

Lodge went to Ole Miss this weekend. No way he goes to tu. It will be SEC for him.

Mack could go to TCU. No way he goes to tu.

Little will stay with Ags. He has seen the horn's OLine and will watch plenty more of the same in the Fall.
StephenvilleAg77
The sip boards are in full meltdown mode. Half of them are angry & worried about having no scholie qb recruit committed, and the other half are saying Merrick is better than Gentry.
GAC06
AG
quote:
The sip boards are in full meltdown mode. Half of them are angry & worried about having no scholie qb recruit committed, and the other half are saying Merrick is better than Gentry.
They don't need to worry about whether their greyshirt is better than Gentry. That train has sailed. Is their greyshirt better than Swoopes?
TAZ99
AG
I guess it took him awhile to see through the bs levels of Strong's "Core Values."
StephenvilleAg77
If Merrick isn't better than Swoopes, they are in big trouble, because apparently Swoopes > Jerrod Heard.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
They don't need to worry about whether their greyshirt is better than Gentry. That train has sailed. Is their greyshirt better than Swoopes?
Love the mixing of metaphors. Sailing trains has a nice ring to it.

Forget Swoopes, is the greyshirt better than Heard??
Madman
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Love the mixing of metaphors. Sailing trains has a nice ring to it.

Forget Swoopes, is the greyshirt better than Heard??
Austin Powers quote.
d78230
AG
Hahaha. Grey shirt better than 2 qbs on schollie. Bet heard is feeling the love right about now.

Heard gone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.