Gentry to UM?

22,575 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by d78230
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
While the sips were orgasming over Kyler's visit, they lost their only QB commit
Haven't lost Gentry yet. But Harbaugh?? The Big House??

Compared to the Chobbit and a half-empty DKR??? No O-line?? Only 59 yards in a game they had a month to prepare for?? A confused mess of an offense??

Remember Harbaugh wasn't recruiting, nor had even met this kid until 4 days ago, whereas Strong and Watson have been on him since their Louisville days.

Then suddenly Kyler gets thrown into the mix?? Kai Locksley is also being wooed by Watson for QB. Heard is already there.

Who could blame Gentry if he's lost that lovin' feeling for the horns??
aTm2004
AG
Maybe this was Kyler's grand plan to stick it to the sips? Their only QB commit has a better coach and historical program interested, so go to the 40 to give a sense to the kid that he's easily replaceable in hopes he commits to UM, and leaving 3starlie with nothing.
HTownAg98
Sounds like the Gentry brisket might want to move from the Hibachi to the Big Green Egg.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Sounds like the Gentry brisket might want to move from the Hibachi to the Big Green Egg.
Niice one.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
quote:
While the sips were orgasming over Kyler's visit, they lost their only QB commit
Gentry hasn't committed to Michigan yet, but he has taken "Committed to Texas" along with all his longhorn paraphernalia off his twitter page. It's safe to say that he's currently uncommitted
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Gentry hasn't committed to Michigan yet, but he has taken "Committed to Texas" along with all his longhorn paraphernalia off his twitter page. It's safe to say that he's currently uncommitted 0

Had seen some rumors about that. So it's true, then. They lose Gentry, it's going to hurt, a lot.
AgEng06
AG

quote:
Previously scheduled in-home visit tonight involving #Texas and @ZGentry_11 will not happen.
aggiehawg
AG
I'm not saying "He gone," but, well, he gone.
carsoca2
quote:
quote:
Gentry hasn't committed to Michigan yet, but he has taken "Committed to Texas" along with all his longhorn paraphernalia off his twitter page. It's safe to say that he's currently uncommitted

Um, not really. I'd say that the pic of him and girlfriend throwing up the devil sign and the painting that resembles a gay pride parade is definitely tu propaganda.

https://twitter.com/zgentry_11
chase128
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Have you looked at his twitter page? His profile pic and his background are still tu related...

You guys read into twitter too much anyway. It doesn't mean much.
Sea Gull
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Um, not really. I'd say that the pic of him and girlfriend throwing up the devil sign and the painting that resembles a gay pride parade is definitely tu propaganda.

What's up with grown ass men following kids on twitter? WTF cares?
jackie childs
quote:
quote:
Previously scheduled in-home visit tonight involving #Texas and @ZGentry_11 will not happen.

i don't know...texas has lost plenty of recruits already after visiting them. maybe they're trying something different and staying away from kids in hopes they'll stay? it can't go any worse for them.
carsoca2
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What's up with grown ass men following kids on twitter? WTF cares?

I'm not following anyone on twatter because I don't have an account. I simply Googled the kids name and it came up. I wanted to see if he gave sip the finger and see if sip tears were falling.

Don't judge me.
StephenvilleAg77
It is perfectly understandable why Gentry decided yesterday to take an OV to Michigan. Here's why: just like the sip fans, sip coaches, and sip recruiting services, many of the other 2014 sip commits (who were going to be Gentry's teammates) have tossed Gentry aside like he's a garbage player and are using twitter to beg Kyler to come save the sip program from 3 more years of getting stomped by 34, 21, 23, 38, and 28 points by tiny private religious schools and last-place SEC teams.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
It is perfectly understandable why Gentry decided yesterday to take an OV to Michigan. Here's why: just like the sip fans, sip coaches, and sip recruiting services, many of the other 2014 sip commits (who were going to be Gentry's teammates) have tossed Gentry aside like he's a garbage player and are using twitter to beg Kyler to come save the sip program from 3 more years of getting stomped by 34, 21, 23, 38, and 28 points by tiny private religious schools and last-place SEC teams.
At first I dismissed the notion that Strong was intent on overhauling the sip offense, primarily because he kept Watson as his OC. The Norvell hire was kind of a head-scratcher, scheme-wise, but maybe it signified the marginalization of Watson.

If any of that is remotely true, Watson's golden boy Gentry is no longer the priority.
StephenvilleAg77
Another bit of news: tsip offensive coordinator Shawn Watson (mastermind of the 59-yard bowl offense) just did an in-home visit with Kai Locksley, a high school qb in Maryland. Locksley is the lowest rated of 3 qb's committed to Florida State. He is a talented athlete but he needs lots of development as a passer. With Gentry cancelling his visit to Austin and sip coaches desperately courting fallback options like Locksley, it is clear they think Gentry is likely to switch his commitment to Harbaugh.
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
quote:
The game of football is not rocket science. I know some people make it out to be, but it's more checkers than chess.

If you have better players, with better talent, you win. Murray simply is a better talent. He makes quick decisions in the pocket and gets the ball out quick as a passer. He's an artful runner and he has a really big flare for making the big play at the big point in the game.

All of that being said, there's little-to-no guarantee that Murray will ever end up donning the Burnt Orange.

Yet, Murray visited Texas. And now Murray's visit is potentially causing unrest with the Longhorns' other QB commit for the class of 2015, Zach Gentry.

Gentry, it's thought, will now make an official visit to Michigan this weekend after being wooed by new coach Jim Harbaugh. The news of Murray's recruitment by the Horns certainly will have some level of impact on Gentry. The only question is how much.
Sometimes you have to take a chance, you have to gamble in recruiting.

That's what happened yesterday.
Now it's time to find out if the Horns will suddenly become QB rich or QB broke

Bobby Burton already laying the groundwork for possible sip tears if Gentry flips.
agent-maroon
AG
quote:
He is a talented athlete but he needs lots of development as a passer.

It takes a brisket to replace a brisket
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Bobby Burton already laying the groundwork for possible sip tears if Gentry flips.

It was Higdon at HD that posted on a "big recruiting flip" a month or so ago. Speculation was rampant that he was talking about Kyler and the post was deleted, but the seed was planted among the horn faithful.

The shag is about 80% certain that Kyler will flip to them. And that it will be Kevin's input that gets Kyler there. In that mindset, they don't really give a fig if Gentry goes to UM.

They lose Kyler AND Gentry?? And Locksley sticks with FSU?? Ermagherd!!!
SchizoAg
AG
quote:
They lose Kyler AND Gentry?? And Locksley sticks with FSU?? Ermagherd!!!

Please let this happen.
ZEEB
AG
Uhhh Kirk is in class this week, yo
yardfurtherout
well, I'm sure that he is regretting that right about now
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
chollie fin to jack yo ****.

all of it.

Mack and Kirk,, too.
Teslag
AG
quote:
chollie fin to jack yo ****.

all of it.

Mack and Kirk,, too.

Kirk is enrolled you dumb mother****er
ZEEB
AG
What a dip****. Now would be a good time for you to leave.
StephenvilleAg77
It's always humorous to watch how quickly the tsip "experts" do 180-degree U-turns. Over at Tsip247, longtime staff writer Jeff Howe downplayed the potential loss of Zach Gentry by saying "Gentry is a good prospect with a nice upside" but that Gentry is also raw qb who needs 1-2 years development at the college level before he could become a starter over Swoopes or Heard. Regarding former longhorn savior Jerod Heard, Howe threw him under the bus, too, stating that Kyler would win the starting qb job by next Fall over the bigger, stronger, older-by-2-years Heard --- even though Heard has a one-year headstart in learning Shawn Watson's "59 yards in a bowl game" offense.
aggiehawg
AG
Harbaugh is really jacking with Strong now. He's also trying to flip FSU's #2 QB recruit. Would mean Locksley prolly stays with Jimbo.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
The most surprising thing on this thread is the fact yards is still alive.
goodAg80
AG
quote:
The most surprising thing on this thread is the fact yards is still alive.
No kidding.
DallasAg 94
quote:
quote:
If you have better players, with better talent, you win. Murray simply is a better talent. He makes quick decisions in the pocket and gets the ball out quick as a passer. He's an artful runner and he has a really big flare for making the big play at the big point in the game.
And this is where the longhorn faithful diverge from the fantasy Strong has laid out that Stars don't matter.

Kyler is a great quarterback who has the Wins and the ranking to demonstrate he is a greater talent.

And at A&M, he will excel and be a great addition. I can't wait.
Muy
AG
Kyler's probably getting drafted high and not sure he can say no to that.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
Kyler's probably getting drafted high and not sure he can say no to that.
Kevin got drafted high and went pro before coming to A&M. He said it was one of the biggest mistakes he ever made.

I seriously doubt Kevin lets Kyler make the same mistake.
Muy
AG
True, but a high draft pick in the early 80's is a tad different than in 2015.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
True, but a high draft pick in the early 80's is a tad different than in 2015.
Money maybe different, but he'd still play AAA ball for a couple years. That's what changed Kevin's mind.

Kevin's said he'd rather be having fun with friends in college than being on the road every day when you're 18. I doubt that's different for Kyler
Muy
AG
could be right. we know the kid is good enough and expected to be drafted high, if teams think that he's interested in going the baseball route.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.