Gentry to UM?

22,562 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by d78230
Slyfox07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harbaugh is about to flip tu's QB commit. Stay tuned and get the popcorn.
chipotle

/premium
Frisco - Ag
SECond2noneAgs
AG
So the sips were right, Harbaugh actually is coming to Texas. But unfortunately for them, it's just to take their recruits.
Maroonblood32
Who is their commit?
Slyfox07
AG
quote:
Who is their commit?
DallasAg 94
That will literally break their back on Offense.

Offensive players for the 2015 recruiting class:
Signed:
3-Star JuCo OT (6'5")
2-Star Juco OT (6'8")

Verbal Commits:
4-Star OC (Vahe)
4-Star QB (Gentry)
4-Star TE (Clarington-Florida 5) <- will be 20 before end of season
4-Star WR (McNeal) who was promised the first play against ND
3-Star RB\Ath (Johnson)
3-Star OT (Williams - 6'5")
3-Star OT (Major - 6'6")
3-Star WR (Johnson-Florida 5 from Prep)
3-Star RB (Houston)
3-Star OG (Thomas)
3-Star QB (Merrick)

If they lose Gentry, they will have great trouble. What I've learned about OL over the recruiting years:
1. JuCos don't always come in to fill holes their 1st year. It is about 50-50 on them.
2. 3-Star HS players usually RS their 1st year.

If the Florida 5 don't make it in, what do they do? 3-Star Charlie.
Teslag
AG
We should offer Vahe just to totally F them over
GAC06
AG
quote:
That will literally break their back on Offense
Will it literally break their back? Or will it figuratively break their team's figurative collective back on offense?
FL_Ag1998
AG
From the Shag, regarding Gentry and Swoopes....

quote:
quote:
Yeah, but Swoopes went 1-7 and 2-9 in his last 2 seasons.

Are you $#@!ing serious? I thought he at least had a winning record his junior year. Mack was a $#@!ing genius.

This should tell you how much that t-shirt fanbase actually knows about their recruits versus how much they simply rely on Ketch's expert analysis to tell them all of their recruits are the next Vince/Ricky.
Owlagdad
I think to compensate, sips are stealing the only three star Rice had committed. Of course as soon as he commits to tu , he becomes 4 star. Never thought I would see the day to a Rice -tu squabble over talent.
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
Bobby Burton has an article on numbers about tu's "overrated" 2012 class. Shocker

From comments...

quote:
More good news / bad news.
Good news: the class of 2014 gets four years of being developed by Strong and Moorer.
Bad news: most of the 2014 evaluations were done by Mack and staff, and it was their lowest rated class in a decade.
Charlie will squeeze the most out of what talent is there, but brace yourself for not a lot of impact and lots of attrition from the 2014 class. And that will mean 3-4 consecutive Mack classss of not much impact / upside / differential talent for the Longhorns.
DallasAg 94
quote:
quote:
That will literally break their back on Offense
Will it literally break their back? Or will it figuratively break their team's figurative collective back on offense?
If the QB is figuratively the backbone of the Offense... it will literally break their figurative back on Offense..
FL_Ag1998
AG
Wow, they really are doing their best to spin themselves into giving Strong a four year "mulligan". Out of one side of their mouth they claim Strong and staff are the best talent developers in college football and they can coach up a 3 star into a 5 star. Out of the other side of their mouth they claim that absolutely all of Mack's recruits are crap that can't be expected to contribute much at all.
At this point, in Strong's fourth year when he goes 6-6, they'll still blame it all on the half dozen or so players left that were recruited by Mack!
Madman
AG
I know this is a sports board but when you read things like this that show you how easily people can be led and lied to try to remember it all during the next election.

People are dumb and believe what is most comforting to them.
lb3
AG
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
most of the 2014 evaluations were done by Mack and staff, and it was their lowest rated class in a decade.
Charlie will squeeze the most out of what talent is there, but brace yourself for not a lot of impact and lots of attrition from the 2014 class. And that will mean 3-4 consecutive Mack classss of not much impact / upside / differential talent for the Longhorns.
According Boobies staff, they had the 20th best class in the country. 2nd best in their conference. Were his evaluations just as ****ty as Mack's?
Rocco S
quote:
quote:
most of the 2014 evaluations were done by Mack and staff, and it was their lowest rated class in a decade.
According Boobies staff, they had the 20th best class in the country. 2nd best in their conference. Were his evaluations just as ****ty as Mack's?
No, his evaluations were somehow way better. Because Charlie found them, that automatically means they're high character, under rated, potential 5 stars with Charlie's coaching. Never mind the current recruits in question aren't ranked any higher and in fact, mostly lower, than Mack's 2013 & 14 recruits.
Muy
AG
quote:
So the sips were right, Harbaugh actually is coming to Texas. But unfortunately for them, it's just to take their recruits.
but i thought only a team leaving the BDF could actually open up another conference to raiding the state?
vin1041
AG
Charlie will be fine. He just needs to recruit his type of player( meaning anyone he can get). Somewhere Mac Brown is laughing his ass off.
britton3
I'm pretty sure Merrick (3-Star QB) is a grey shirt.
WestAustinAg
AG
Charlie will be a winner as soon as his guys learn all 5 of the core values...right now most of the juniors and seniors have learned between 3 and 4 and the underclassmen have only learned, on average, 2.

Give it time. The key is to learn ALL 5 core values.
BohunkAg
AG
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
Harbaugh is about to flip tu's QB commit. Stay tuned and get the popcorn.

Lol
BQ_90
AG
need to shop that a little more, it should say made from 5 core values.
d78230
AG
I'm calling bs. Gentry not harbaugh good.
JeffHamilton82
quote:

That will literally break their back on Offense.

With only 59 yards of total offense it seems their backs on offense are already broken.
2wealfth Man
AG
So Mack getting paid by tu to lay down and take it in arse.
jejdag
This can't be right. Why, just this morning I heard on WBAP that tu was possibly putting together a "program changing" class. Did I miss the emphasis on 'possibly', or did they mean that it was changing it for the worse?
Stevetex.
Strong has to fight Fire with Fire with everyone trying to flip recruits. Feb 4 well tell it all
DallasAg 94
quote:
Strong has to fight Fire with Fire with everyone trying to flip recruits. Feb 4 well tell it all
Strong getting a Big Time Education on recruiting. He isn't in Louisville recruiting 2 & 3 Stars, anymore.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
What???

Strong only has to recruit the state of Texas and establish a rapport with Texas HS coaches.

Instead, he carpet-bombed Florida with offers to grade risks, and runs home to his "momma."

He is what he is. And he's yours for the next two years, minimum.
AZAggie44
AG
quote:
He isn't in Louisville recruiting 2 & 3 Stars, anymore.

He's in Texas recruiting 2 & 3 stars now!
kammrath
AG
quote:
Mike Farrell @rivalsmike 6m6 minutes ago
I can't imagine Gentry taking a visit to #Wolverines and meeting with Harbaugh and not flipping from #Longhorns.
Bobcat06
AG
While the sips were orgasming over Kyler's visit, they lost their only QB commit
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.