Chronicles of Dodds: Abridged Version

74,875 Views | 338 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Old May Banker
ham98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I didn't say it should be flattering just that it would be appropriate
RAB87
AG
Holy cow! Warms my heart to see this again. It's like a book begging to be finished!
TPS_Report
AG
Busdriver99 said:

The statue should be President Bowtie grinning at Deloss' downsy face
FIFY
SEC Champs
AG
All time blue parachute deserves sticky.
CuervoAg
AG
Begs for a chapter on the chronicles of Chuckles Strong and maybe throw in their Baseball coaching search in footnotes.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." -- Dean Wormer, Faber College President
buda91
AG
Maryland home loss to start the Herman era!
Hill Country Ag
AG
So rich. So very, very rich.
SEC Champs
AG
Never forget.
Patriot101
Thank y'all. Needs to become a SEC storied film.
RAB87
AG
That was pretty good.
Shadow of CuervoAg
Or a ESPN 30 for 30.
Do not post opposing views or you too, like me, will become a shadow of your former self.
munch96
AG
Patriot101 said:

Thank y'all. Needs to become a SEC storied film.

Until one is made, there's always this:

https://texags.com/s/14882/sec-ready
therealnick05
AG
Does anyone have the photo from the newspaper (I think the chronicle) where A&M offered to play the horns and Dodds turns us down?
McInnis80
therealnick05 said:

Does anyone have the photo from the newspaper (I think the chronicle) where A&M offered to play the horns and Dodds turns us down?
You mean when he said the they would decide if we get to play the Horns again? Also I would love to watch the video where he is discussing all of the wonderful content that would be on the LHN? They could now have lost dog alerts for the Austin neighborhoods that receive the LHN.
BohunkAg
AG
https://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/03/19/texas-texas-am-rivalry-deloss-dodds/1999611/

Quote:

Texas AD on Texas A&M: 'We get to decide when we play again'
Paul Myerberg, USA TODAY Sports

Texas and rival Texas A&M will play again, Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds told The Daily Texan, the university's student newspaper, but it'll be on the Longhorns' terms.

"They left," Dodds said of A&M, which left the Big 12 and joined the SEC in 2012. "They're the ones that decided not to play us. We get to decide when we play again. I think that's fair.

"If you did a survey of our fans about playing A&M, they don't want to. It's overwhelming. I know. I hear it. Our fans are important to us. I think there's got to be a period where things get different. I think there's too many hard feelings."
Quote:

And as ESPN.com's David Ubben writes, the two sides have made clear where they stand in regards to a rivalry renewed. While Texas warned A&M about its move to the SEC ("Leave and this rivalry is over"), A&M has remained opened to the idea of meeting the Longhorns during non-conference play ("We'll play you anytime, you're the ones providing the rivalry's death blow and refusing to play").
BohunkAg
AG
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/7103015/texas-longhorns-deloss-dodds-tells-texas-bill-byrne-nonconference-schedule-full-2018

Quote:

"In my e-mail to Bill Byrne, I wrote that we were not in a position now to look at future football scheduling," Dodds said. "We're scheduled out with nonconference games through 2018 and our Big 12 schedule is not yet settled. What we have right now is a full schedule but if any future options are available, the decision will not be made by just one person."

Texas A&M will start competing in the Southeastern Conference in 2012.

Even with that move, Byrne told the Houston Chronicle that Texas A&M has always been open to continuing the 117-year-old rivalry with Texas. But Byrne told the paper that door had been closed by Dodds when he told him Texas' nonconference schedule was full through 2018.
RAB87
AG
Outstanding job by OP.
RodneyThomas1986
RAB87 said:

Outstanding job by OP.
Shadow of CuervoAg
Bump
Do not post opposing views or you too, like me, will become a shadow of your former self.
bankshot11
AG
Bump
SteveBott
AG
Bump for the new posters
Old May Banker
AG
SteveBott said:

Bump for the new posters

What if I told you the new posters were the old posters.
SteveBott
AG
I linked in premium
Old May Banker

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.