sip recruits sitting on LHN studio

26,120 Views | 242 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by dermdoc
JAC97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/enforcement/index.html

for those who want to send the pic!
etexorange
quote:
Who owns that property?

Spear Street Capital of San Francisco.
coshatteag
Its the lhn - property rights aside, its the dedicated use of a brand name by a third party used to sway high school athletes. Which only the l in lhn could benefit. Its a franchise essentially. Who owns what may come down to tu *****ing out their brand, pun intended.
Doc.Pringles
quote:
The argument that cowtv is some separate entity from tu is laughable.

tu has a say in hiring/firing matters.

What espn and tu are doing will eventually pit the pac12, big10, and sec against them and will be espn's downfall as the premier sports media machine.

Really? You're the kind of person who gives Aggie a bad name.

ESPN's downfall is going to come from one college team? Never mind all the other teams and sports that exist in this world..

Yes, Texas has some decision-making ability with the LHN, but they do not have the final word since it is ESPN's property. You say Texas can handle hiring/firing matters. Maybe they do, but I guarantee you ESPN has the right to deny a staff decision they do not agree with.

Besides, worst case scenario, Big12, SEC, and Big10 are all pitted against Texas, and deny them access to their conference. Texas goes independent. They have the money to do so. This gives Texas MUCH more leeway with scheduling opponents that can provide ratings (ESPN would be THRILLED with this). I am sure ESPN would just LOVE to see Texas play the likes of Notre Dame, USC, an SEC school, a Big10 school, etc.. Texas' marketing is unrivaled, even when having down years. THIS is why ESPN was interested, and having the SEC hate you won't change your market. If anything, it will convince more SEC homers to buy more UT gear so they can hang it upside down at their tailgates.

You are letting your hate for the network cloud your judgment.
TempleAg97
AG
Those saying it is not our problem. Definitely not true. We are in a different conference and may not play them for a long time, but we will go head to head for the cream of the crop in recruiting. We need to continue supporting the cause of hammering at the LHN.
ntxVol
Doc.Pringles,
IMHO, the best case for the other conferences is to hammer at the LHN until it becomes a PR/Legal nightmare for ESPN causing them to scuttle the whole thing.

BTW, your worst case scenario doesn't make sense to me. If the other conferences were to shut out tu, how would going indy help?
viva torrente
quote:

Really? You're the kind of person who gives Aggie a bad name.

ESPN's downfall is going to come from one college team? Never mind all the other teams and sports that exist in this world..

You are the kind of idiot that gives whorns a bad name. espn's downfall is going to come from trying to pick winners and loser in professional and college sports.

The other leagues are going to fight back espn trying to anoint a single team as the college team and its network mascot.

quote:
You are letting your hate for the network cloud your judgment.

You are letting your blind enthusiasm for cowtv cloud your judgement.

cowtv will be dead within five years. There is no real desire for it from the public and espn will realize it is not worth the headache.

[This message has been edited by viva torrente (edited 12/11/2011 8:49p).]
Ansel
quote:
IMHO, the best case for the other conferences is to hammer at the LHN until it becomes a PR/Legal nightmare for ESPN causing them to scuttle the whole thing.

Wouldn't tu then walk away with 300 million dollars?
iditarodag
Good Lord. Get over it.
leftcoastaggie
AG
dreyOO
to the Vols wondering why we're not up in arms, maybe we're tired of trying to catch the same ********, spoiled brat cheating on another test....for the last 100 years, tu has always had the upper hand. always stacks the deck in their favor.

it gets old and I'm looking forward to forgetting them in the SEC. Yall are right that we shouldn't divorce ourselves from it, b/c we're all affected by it.

But I feel a lot of us just want to wash our hands of the sips like a bad divorce and move on. Would gladly have the conferences step in, but for decades we've seen our conference brethren literally bend over and take it rather than back us on anything. Then the media paints it as an aggie inferiority complex, and the whole damn episode becomes worthless. maybe the SEC or someone with real clout will make a difference but I'm not holding my breath
BamColt
Wow just let it go.
Lhorn01
Doesn't A&M or their 12th man sponsor or own a piece of this propaganda machine? NCAA should look into that.
CMack11
That is one of the worst sentences I've ever seen.
LonghornHere
Aggies, you are truly the gift that keeps on giving.
CMack11
And as far as I'm concerned, who cares? The LHN is a national joke. High school kids are aware of that.
Tom Doniphon
ESPN having a vested interest in the success of a single university, as opposed to a conference, is clearly an issue. Any objective person, on either side of the argument, should clearly be able to see that. And joining the SEC doesn't negate that fact. We will still be recruiting in Texas.
Another year or two of EPIC fail and ESPN may in deed pull the plug on this thing. In the mean time, expect ESPN/Texas to exploit "the gray area" as much as they possibly can. I cannot begin to imagine how the BIG 12, let alone the NCAA allowed ESPN to crawl into bed with a single university.
CMack11
That's a good point, Tom. I still think that the LHN will be rolled into a conference deal. Especially if the horns continue to be a mediocre football team.
rrj2012
AG
Great points Tom.

Seriously sips, do you honestly and truly believe that the largest sports media outlet having a vested interest in your success to the tune of $300 million is in any way shape or form ethical? Do you seriously think no conflict of interest will ever occur?

If you answer yes to either or both questions, commit suicide immediately. You are an inbred dickmouth who probably should have been aborted, but your mother was too stupid to use a coat hanger properly.
CMack11
No sip is going to answer that honestly. Most just take talking points from Austin media and regurgitate those, anyway, so it's not like you'd get a fair, objective view.
kmw247
" the NCAA allowed ESPN to crawl into bed with a single university."

I think that the lhn is just the first of many deals ESPN will end up doing. That is assuming any broadcasters pick that station up. The lhn is the test. If successful, Alabama, LSU, and Texas A&M will have a deal with ESPN for an independent channel. If not, the lhn will die a slow death.
TexasBorn1
Oh reallY? ESPN will offer a network to Alabama and LSU... AND Texas aTm???? ahahaha yes bc everyone wants to see what's up with aTm athletics
rrj2012
AG
Ok, so sips ARE still reading this thread. refer to my earlier post, address my question, providing logical reasoning behind your line of thinking
Randall Watson
We should be turned in immediately!
RVHorn
quote:
If you answer yes to either or both questions, commit suicide immediately. You are an inbred dickmouth who probably should have been aborted, but your mother was too stupid to use a coat hanger properly.

I'm shocked no one has leaped forward to respond to your fair question. You're obviously open to different points of view.
rrj2012
AG
Answer the ****ing question you worthless sack of ****ing shit
rrj2012
AG
Cowards
Bob Kelso
AG
They won't answer. F'n fhegs.
RVHorn
We're scared of your manful manliness. You're all men's men, and it shows.
LonghornHere
BWAHAHAHAHA!

DeLoss offered you the chance to be part of our network, but you were too shortsighted to join us. Why? For the same reasons you settled for Sumlin as your coach.

There is a reason no tier 1 or 2 coach would come to A&M.
Tom Doniphon
quote:
DeLoss offered you the chance to be part of our network

This is a lie. The original conversation was about "creating" a network that both tu and A&M would share costs and revenues from. It was not the ESPN deal.... Please show me otherwise. Coincidentally, without the backing of ESPN, is it a good deal? They've (ESPN) lost a ton of money... How good would this deal be without their support?
quote:
For the same reasons you settled for Sumlin as your coach.
So says the team that raided a basketball school for a coach? He turned out pretty well... I'm betting Sumlin will too.

Bob Kelso
AG
They're all full of ****. No one takes butt blasting queers seriously anymore.
Hellraiser97
quote:
This is a lie. The original conversation was about "creating" a network that both tu and A&M would share costs and revenues from. It was not the ESPN deal.... Please show me otherwise. Coincidentally, without the backing of ESPN, is it a good deal? They've (ESPN) lost a ton of money... How good would this deal be without their support?

We offered you to take the risk with us. You chose not to. We got all the reward. You cried about it.

Hook 'Em Horns

Hellraiser97

--

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas." -- Davy Crockett
CMack11
Sure. Thanks for letting us know.
rrj2012
AG
Cowards dodging my questions

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.