Real Estate
Sponsored by

Home Insurance Carrier Recommendations

941 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by The Silverback
stetson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinking about dropping my home insurance with USAA and seeking advice/recommendations for a replacement. Thank you in advance.
FJB
MAS444
AG
Best way to do is to call several of the major carriers yourself and compare quotes. Progressive, State Farm, Allstate, etc. takes a little work but worth it imo. You should do this every other year or so.
AggieLong
AG
I actually called and cancelled my USAA policy today. Going with Progressive.
Red Pear Felipe
Sponsor
AG
Call Liere Insurance and have them shop for you. I've been with them for over 10 plus years.

myliere.com
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear RealtyAustin Monthly
highpriorityag
One thing I did not like about Liere was having to pay in full to save like 20%
I did not go with them this time, State Farm was $1000 a year cheaper (than Lieres lowest quote) and I could pay monthly with no added fees or policy up charges.

Call a broker or 2 AND call around yourself.
MAS444
AG
Yeah I used liere years ago but they always put me with the same carrier (my cynical side tells be that's because they got a better commission or bonus) even though they were supposedly an independent broker and shopped multiple carriers. I ultimately found much better rates than they were getting me. Would not recommend.

ktownag08
AG
Called 3 different brokers this time around and went back with Liere.

Had moved away from them several years ago but they got my business back.
The Silverback
AG
Home insurance is in a tough place right now but I am more than happy to see what I can do. I own an Independent Agency in Austin and can shop around with multiple companies.

Matt@Dimitexas.com

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.