Real Estate
Sponsored by

Question about selling a non performing mortgage note

8,136 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Olag00
Olag00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It has been foreclosed! Now I need to figure out if they are still there or if they have given up and moved out.
p_bubel
Olag00
AG
I had someone drive by and they are still there. They still have a Christmas tree up in the window with the lights on. I have now let me lawyer know to proceed with eviction. So now another process I have to go through and hopefully they can't play any games like they did before.

MS08
AG
Sorry for the trouble. Seems like the ball is finally moving though!
Mmetag10
AG
Congratulations
Olag00
AG
Geez. I just found out my lawyer went to the wrong place to conduct the auction. Now it is not official and I have to wait until February!!!! I am sure it wasn't easy to tell me since this has been a long time coming. He isn't going to charge me for this next round but I sure hope the occupant doesn't file. This essentially gives him another month........
Aggie Rick
AG
Find a new lawyer
@Aggie_Rick
Olag00
AG
Needless to say I am a little disappointed to say the least. Only thing is I would be out more money if I choose to go with someone else. Kind of stuck as it stands.
cjo03
AG
Olag00 said:

Geez. I just found out my lawyer went to the wrong place to conduct the auction. Now it is not official and I have to wait until February!!!! I am sure it wasn't easy to tell me since this has been a long time coming. He isn't going to charge me for any of this and will refund me fees paid to date this next round but I sure hope the occupant doesn't file. This essentially gives him another month........

fify.

no expertise or experience in this space, but have been watching this thread out of curiosity... goodness i'd be angry.
aggiepaintrain
AG
malpractice insurance is a real thing
Olag00
AG
I got a call from the real estate agent assigned to the sell of the house for the current occupant and apparently the owner has been cancelling all the showings and ghosting him. The agent drove by today and the owners even removed the sign from the yard.

I thought about it later today he may have been cancelling due to the last foreclosure happening January 3rd and if he didn't own it, he couldn't sell it. However it didn't go through so he could have been getting the showings. But that may be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Also the real estate agent mentioned the occupant has been smoking in the house but it seems to only be contained in the "office" so that will be fun.
Mas89
AG
When this thread is over please post the name of your attorney so nobody else makes the mistake of using him.
Olag00
AG
UPDATE: Today is foreclosure day. Yesterday I get a call around 3pm from their realtor and they have an offer on the house. Around 8pm I get a call from the guy in the house but I didn't answer it as I already stated to contact my lawyer. This morning he called again and has sent a few texts.

In his texts he has stated he is going to file bankruptcy and sell it while in bankruptcy if I don't call off the foreclosure. I have told my lawyer to proceed with the foreclosure even if the guy contacts him.

Their offer is contingent on their buyers house closing so there are multiple avenues for these sales to not happen.

This is all going to come to a head sometime after 1pm. If there is an update before 1pm, then he has filed bankruptcy. The later the update, the more odds are in my favor.
Olag00
AG
It should be officially done! It actually sold to a 3rd party so now I am unsure if this means it is done done or if there is going to be a long drawn out process to get it actually completed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.