Real Estate
Sponsored by

April Housing Data Across Texas

5,521 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Martin Q. Blank
BCG Disciple
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kearney McRaven said:

BCG Disciple said:

Is any of this due to interstate movement? Ie, Californians? Or does most of it relate to home upgrades post covid, which were driven by cheap interest rates?
Yes, absolutely. 1031 Exchanges have had a substantial impact. We see a lot of international cash as well.

Is there any data from HAR on who is buying in the various price point categories? Commercial money? International?
Kearney McRaven
I think the OP is the correct person for this response.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
To my knowledge, HAR doesn't track this. I don't think I've seen a single LLC or 1031 offer for any of our listings this year but I might be mistaken. I can tell you that we recently listed a home in Houston that got 12 offers, and of those, 2 or 3 were out of state folks moving in. 3 cash offers total, and the highest bid was an out of state couple. Contract was much higher than asking.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Diggity
AG
The financing terms aren't broken down that granularly, and agents aren't required to input that field, so no tracking there.

Title companies would have that data, but I'm not sure what they share.
94chem
If you have the home you want at the rate you want, fine...except for the looming tax bill.

However, if you are considering moving now, you may have to pull the trigger. I'm concerned that rates are going to rise, and people with large mortgages will not be able to move because they can't afford the higher rates when they have to buy a different house. In other words, for those who are waiting for the market to cool, you may not like the reason why it does.

It makes sense to pull money out of the house at 3%, but I'd be nervous about spending it.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
jckrjr7
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

Nope. March data was posted 4/15 so April should be posted soon.

They came out 5/18 according to the Austin business journal.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
jckrjr7 said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Nope. March data was posted 4/15 so April should be posted soon.

They came out 5/18 according to the Austin business journal.

Looks like I called it!
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Howdy Dammit
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
Diggity
AG
someone else mentioned it, but I feel like in "these times" it would be more useful to see the sales numbers compared to last month rather than last year.

The typical seasonality of the market seems to be out the window lately, so I want to know how things are changing during this crazy run up, rather than the "lock down" period we had last year at this time.
mazag08
AG
Diggity said:

someone else mentioned it, but I feel like in "these times" it would be more useful to see the sales numbers compared to last month rather than last year.

The typical seasonality of the market seems to be out the window lately, so I want to know how things are changing during this crazy run up, rather than the "lock down" period we had last year at this time.
Or just add a comparison to the same timeframe in 2019.
Martin Q. Blank
0.5 months of inventory? How is that even possible?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.