Real Estate
Sponsored by

Short term rental near me

1,467 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tex_Ag_2017
TheGreatScott12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know how to check the legality of short term rentals in your area? I live in Richardson and it appears the vacant house next to me is being turned into a AirBnB. Any assistance would be much appreciated.
dubi
AG
Talk to the city code enforcement.

In fact, you can probably find it on their website.
Aggiemike96
AG
Check your municipal regulations and HOA documents. Are you experiencing issues with noise or unsavory guests?
TheGreatScott12
AG
Appreciate the responses. No issues yet. Honestly can't believe a house in my sleepy neighborhood would ever rent thru one of those services. Not sure what the appeal would be.
Aggiemike96
AG
I'm pulling some serious profits from my AirBNB in a quiet neighborhood. Guests want newer house, quiet neighborhood, SAFETY, and views. I get tons of families. This is in Albuquerque and 15+ minutes to anything, but very safe and quiet. Helps when the guests aren't looking to party.
FincAg
AG
Families want to stay in the same school zone and close to their existing home while it is being remodeled or rebuilt.

Quite a few in Lake Highlands that are used this way. Also, grandparents and other family can visit town without staying under your roof. Makes sense when your home is only 1600 sqft.
expresswrittenconsent
Hi, police?
Yes, I'm here walking my dog at the park and a suspicious family is trying to set up a BBQ grill. I'm positive they don't live here and I think that might be against regulations. Can you please hurry?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Maybe let people do what they want with their private property TheGreatKaren12
TheGreatScott12
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Maybe let people do what they want with their private property TheGreatKaren12

I never said I was doing anything. More or less curious about how it works in neighborhoods as far as zoning. But I appreciate your helpful and kind response. Way to be a good Ag. Gig'em.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
You are right that's wasn't kind. I am frustrated because of a similar situation at one of my props that has nothing to do with you
TheGreatScott12
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

You are right that's wasn't kind. I am frustrated because of a similar situation at one of my props that has nothing to do with you

All good man. I have quickly learned quite a few folks on the Real Estate forum aren't too kind. Odd group here... back to the football boards. Cheers.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
This is a pretty good board normally, a few things like appraisers get **** on regularly but most of the folks here are small time landlords which can make you a little....suspicious
Tex_Ag_2017
AG
I live in Waco and the city has an entire section of their webpage devoted to short term rentals. I know because I went through the approval process. They require us to have our license number given by the city on our listing and they also have a map of the approved properties, although, I've been approved for a year and my address still isn't on their map. Just see what your local municipality has in place for short term rentals.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.