Real Estate
Sponsored by

Landlord - anyone use Tellus ....

1,910 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by RethinkTheWeekend
aggiebrad94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
....for tenant prescreening and rent payments?

I'm about to rent out my first place. Looking for good online options for prescreening and collecting rent.
RethinkTheWeekend
AG
Have not used Tellus. I have been using Cozy for about 3 months for tenant screening and rent collection for a few properties. So far I absolutely love it.
MS08
AG
I use LandlordStation for tenant screenings. Can also set up properties in there and use as a property mgmt platform too, I think. I just use for tenant screening though.
schwack schwack
AG
We've used mysmartmove & are now trying cozy. We had some tenants request online payment & so far cozy is working out well. Only issue is that when they pay on the 1st, we don't get the money in our account until about a week later.

Zillow has a feature for background/credit checks that's cheaper for the tenant & stays active for a period of time allowing them to apply to multiple places while only paying one fee. Have not used that service but I can see how tenants would like it.
gvine07
AG
Why not just have them pay you with Zelle or Venmo?
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

Why not just have them pay you with Zelle or Venmo?

My bank does not do zelle & if I remember correctly, Venmo has limits which comes into play if you have several people paying.

Also, some services allow partial payments which is no good.

Aside: what the heck is with my firefox on texags - I get page "takeovers" that you cannot back out of. Virus? How to stop it? I have to rush thru posts/replies or lose everything I've typed. Ugh

RethinkTheWeekend
AG
The reason to have tenants pay through a package like cozy (and not something like Zelle or Venmo) is that with a service like cozy it handles things like accounting per property, allows prorated payments, tracks payments, sends notifications if they haven't paid.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.