Real Estate
Sponsored by

Pet peeve - live oaks

1,846 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 94chem
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Why in the world do the clear cutting McMansion builders plant live oaks 10 feet apart on postage stamp lots? My rental has 3 live oaks within 15 feet, when one would have been fine. These trees are gonna be uprooting the sidewalk, tangling into each other, and hanging all over the house. What is wrong with these people?
Lynch
Probably because a city mandated 2 or three front yard trees. And when you lose 18-20 feet of a 50' lot to a driveway, things tend to get cramped.
agnerd
AG
Builder only needs it to look nice while he's selling lots for a few years. Lots of small live oaks makes the neighborhood look less desolate and they're way cheaper than big trees. Builder will be long gone before trees start causing sidewalk and foundation problems.
ProudAg04
AG
I attribute this to short window of concern and general DGAS beyond the 30-day selling period after finishing construction. Hadn't considered the city requirements.. perhaps some merit there.

I'll take the two extras off your hands free of charge if they are still young enough to be moved without heavy equipment. I have a great home for them in Bryan!
oklaunion
A larger question is : Why did they bulldoze down the 91 year old live oak that was at the rear of your property when they could have built around it? You should see the carnage of the huge trees that were demolished off of Capstone when they built AspenHeights, later The Reserve.
Does anyone remember the oak stand where CSHS stands?
94chem
Quote:

I'll take the two extras off your hands free of charge if they are still young enough to be moved without heavy equipment. I have a great home for them in Bryan!
It's a rental. I'm guessing the dog's holes are big enough.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.