Real Estate
Sponsored by

United Property and Casualty Insurance UPC

1,407 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by rlb28
coolerguy12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have any experience with UPC for homeowners insurance? I had USAA quote me $3500/yr and UPC quoted my lender $2200/yr. USAA valued my rebuild about $100K more than UPC so the deductible is also higher with USAA.

I have filed multiple claims on autos with USAA and process is always a walk in the park but in 4 years of owning a home with USAA I didn't make a single claim.

Located in North Houston with a 17 year old roof and a pool if that makes any difference.
JSKolache
AG
Did you call the guys at the top right corner of this page yet? That's my only real suggestion at this point.
03_Aggie
We are with UPC now as we are in a windstorm county and they are one of the few that will write a windstorm policy in our area (avoiding TWIA).

I can say it appears it will be a one year relationship as they seem to have a problem with our PEX set-up. There were other nitpick items they listed that might cause non-renewal if not fixed but the plumbing issue is the main one and replacing it is a non-starter.

I found it somewhat strange they write windstorm policies in our area but seem to have quite a few other items (that would seem lower risk compared to the windstorm) that they will not write a policy if they exist (ATV or trampoline ownership, galvanized plumbing).
Jrod05
AG
go to Office of public insurance counsel (OPIC). Compare the policies. linked below for you.

OPIC

I am pulling 2 policies for UPC. It depends if it is the HO-5 or HO-3.

I would make sure it is an All Risk Policy and replacement cost claims settlement on both dwelling and Personal property.

Also a lot of fire insurance companies have started deprecation schedules for roofs in their policy language. Check on that.

I do not represent either company FYI but I have been doing insurance for almost 10 years.
rlb28
AG
Cooler, UPC has become a major player. As for your premium, UPC's $2,200 is about in line with the others we have. Can't remember if diving boards and slides are ok.

03, We write them and in my opinion the plumbing issue is your agent's fault. Those guidelines are known and we ask every customer underwriting questions before writing a policy.

Also, they are several who write policies with wind. We have 6 who do at this point.

**Guidelines on their site:
PLUMBING
Dwelling must have plumbing made from copper, cast iron, or PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride). PEX is acceptable if installed in 2011 or later.
GrimesCoAg95
AG
rlb,

I have a couple of questions for you regarding insurance. How can I contact you?
rlb28
AG
TomballAg95 said:

rlb,

I have a couple of questions for you regarding insurance. How can I contact you?
rlb28 @ yahoo
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.