Real Estate
Sponsored by

Neighbors selling their home in The Woodlands: Seeking Aggie Neighbors!

3,596 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Diggity
TheWoodlandsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/170-W-Breezy-Way-The-Woodlands-TX-77380/96584639_zpid/

Sharing this in hopes of having some fun Aggie neighbors. The home looks out to Lake Woodlands across the street.
TXAGFAN
AG
Wow...that is crazy expensive.
Diggity
AG
Jesus. Are people really paying that much for a townhome in the woodlands?

TXTransplant
Diggity said:

Jesus. Are people really paying that much for a townhome in the woodlands?

In East Shore, yes. The rest of The Woodlands, no.
MAS444
AG
Wow...that is crazy. I expected it to at least be really nice inside. Looks like a run of the mill apartment.
TXTransplant
MAS444 said:

Wow...that is crazy. I expected it to at least be really nice inside. Looks like a run of the mill apartment.

IIRC, those are David Weekley homes, and that particular house was built during "phase II" of that development. IMO they really started cutting back on finishes around 2013 when the market up here really took off. I've not been impressed by anything recent they've built. I looked at some townhouses in that same development in fall 2012, and the quality was much better (but still fell short of what I expected, considering the price per sq ft).
MAS444
AG
It definitely looks like a David Weekley home.
Diggity
AG
Makes sense. Weekley gets a pretty huge bump per sqft with their townhomes here based on name alone.
TXTransplant
Diggity said:

Makes sense. Weekley gets a pretty huge bump per sqft with their townhomes here based on name alone.

Oh, they get that same bump up here on single family homes, too. As do Darling and Coventry. I would say Darling and Coventry charge an even bigger name "premium" than Weekley does. It's not unusual to see Darling SFHs go for $200/sq ft, although, their price on spec homes has come down a little, depending on inventory in a specific neighborhood.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
The home has a lake view and none of the photos show it? Interesting strategy.
Diggity
AG
no kidding. how do the seller's even stand for that?
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Google street view has a great shot of the front of the house. If your listing photos can't beat google street view, there may be a problem. Maybe these are placeholder photos until the real images are ready.
Diggity
AG
looking at his past listings, I would doubt it. The rest are of similar quality.

95% of his business is rentals.
TXTransplant
It's also not a direct view of the water from the house. You have to look around/past a very large condo building.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
True, but it looks like you can see the water from the second and third floors. If so, I wouldn't expect to get paid without including those shots in a photo package.
TXTransplant
There are a lot of rentals in East Shore. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets purchased by investors and is immediately listed as a rental.
Diggity
AG
The same plan next door just rented for $3,700. With PITI + a $280 monthly HOA, there's no way for an investor to cash flow that place.
TXTransplant
Diggity said:

The same plan next door just rented for $3,700. With PITI + a $280 monthly HOA, there's no way for an investor to cash flow that place.

I completely agree with you. Except that scenario describes a whole lot of rentals here in The Woodlands. The only thing I can figure is people are paying cash, sitting on the property for 1-2 years, and then listing it for $30-$50k more than what they paid. I've actually seen that happen on quite a few houses, but they are typically in the $350-$400k range. This happens a lot in my neighborhood, as I've seen plenty of houses that are less than 5 years old listed as "never lived in" or "lightly lived in".
Diggity
AG
Sounds like rich Latins parking money.
TXTransplant
Diggity said:

Sounds like rich Latins parking money.

Exactly
Satellite of Love
That place is white bread bland. $600k for that? No thanks.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Tell them to take notes on 222 breeze way's photos.
Diggity
AG
just happened back on this thread. Property was listed for $690K at the time of the OP.

Nine months later it sold for $530K.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.