Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

648,978 Views | 4417 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by The Fife
Jack Klompus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Developers of Boerne home with huge foundation explain build (chron.com)

Sea Speed
AG
God I hate social media

Quote:

main feedback they have received from residents is the mob of people coming to see the home and overtaking the streets to take selfies and make TikToks.
FincAg
AG
There is nothing unique or special about this flip other than the outrageous price.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/10031-McCree-Rd-Dallas-TX-75238/26854438_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare
billyjack2009
Dang.
The Fife
Quote:

Discover this beautiful 3-bed, 2-bath renovated home that perfectly blends modern design and classic midcentury charm.
There's no charm whatsoever, it's all been remodeled out. Nothing left.
histag10
AG
This was the description on the listing.

Quote:

With over 8 acres of land, there is a fenced horse pasture. Other animals are welcome. House is livable but needs tender loving care. Call to see this gem today!

I should have known better when they didn't include but 1 interior photo. Fun fact- "liveable" is apparently a subjective word. Here are a few of my photos (they cut the electricity without telling their realtor, so this was all via flashlight in a rain storm).

And yes, that bathroom "reno" us them trying to tile over tile with what appears to be drywall compound. (I'm also pretty sure several animals were left inside for extended periods if time vases on the smell)

The Fife
Quote:

With over 8 acres of land, there is a fenced horse pasture. Other animals are welcome. House is livable but needs tender loving care. Call to see this gem today!
It needs tender loving care from a bulldozer.
histag10
AG
The actual structure wasn't bad. It was a brick ranch style house. They had it listed at 1600sqft, but there is absolutely no way that is correct. I would believe 2600.

I mean, if you could completely gut the inside and somehow get the smell of animal piss out, it's not horrible. But I'm not looking to pay 350k to live 45 miles from anywhere with a Walmart.

But they ruined those beautiful hardwood floors!
Boiling Denim
Jack Klompus said:

Developers of Boerne home with huge foundation explain build (chron.com)

Funny enough while doing reno work in Houston-Meyerland area I have to explain why I'm NOT doing this kind of foundation
QBCade
AG
FincAg said:

There is nothing unique or special about this flip other than the outrageous price.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/10031-McCree-Rd-Dallas-TX-75238/26854438_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare

Damn, lake highlands?!?! Wow
jtmoney03
AG
Haven't visited this thread in awhile, but found a doozy today…Edmond, OK

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/17405-Hawks-View-Ct-Edmond-OK-73012/69164911_zpid/?utm_source=zillowgonewild&utm_medium=zillowgonewild&utm_campaign=zillowgonewild&fbclid=IwAR1VVP-c8RRUcJdTLqSkg-S0-BjzSlca8n88JChEiWyxlQy0jhvVKXYezk8_aem_th_ARXDtBdjfQjgfOqSl4HYxpiQ1GFEGQHRhW7rKB0lK6HEvBtKyPLnouLgIeefmZKBHWE
The Fife
If that lady from the "Money, No Taste" furniture store commercial from 30 years ago had a kid, this must be his place.
aggiesundevil4
AG
That must be a multi million dollar prank. Er muh gerd.
billyjack2009
I only made it to the third picture. Afraid I was going to have a seizure or cardiac event.
MAS444
AG
Yeah I couldn't look directly at the full pics for fear of damaging my mental health.
AggieAces06
AG
jtmoney03 said:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/17405-Hawks-View-Ct-Edmond-OK-73012/69164911_zpid/?utm_source=zillowgonewild&utm_medium=zillowgonewild&utm_campaign=zillowgonewild&fbclid=IwAR1VVP-c8RRUcJdTLqSkg-S0-BjzSlca8n88JChEiWyxlQy0jhvVKXYezk8_aem_th_ARXDtBdjfQjgfOqSl4HYxpiQ1GFEGQHRhW7rKB0lK6HEvBtKyPLnouLgIeefmZKBHWE

Does the car in the last two pictures come with it? They seem awfully proud of it and want you too see how well it goes with the house.
C1NRB
AG
I just, um- what?
htxag09
AG
https://www.har.com/homedetail/5722-logan-ln-houston-tx-77007/3626802
jtmoney03
AG
C1NRB said:

I just, um- what?

I just went through them again…still speechless! I understand different themes in different rooms, but they can't even stay with the same theme in the same room lol
QBCade
AG
htxag09 said:

Pretty cool place, but know nothing about the area. The kitchen definitely is "striking"
aggieactor01
AG
jtmoney03 said:

C1NRB said:

I just, um- what?

I just went through them again…still speechless! I understand different themes in different rooms, but they can't even stay with the same theme in the same room lol
I forget what they are called but I feel like the whole house is one of those pictures where you're supposed to stare at it and the 3D image eventually pops out at you.
p_bubel

Quote:

Location! Location! Location! This home sits on a private cul-de-sac in a great neighborhood and backs up to McAllister Park. Very convenient location near the airport, Wurzbach Parkway and Hwy 281. The neighborhood also has a San Antonio Police station two minutes from the home. This home has unique luxurious upgrades incorporated into it providing the elements for a peaceful environment to relax, recharge and connect to nature. The design was accomplished by a team of traditional Feng Shui masters who follow unique customs and old traditions that require a lot of attention to detail. The home comes furnished with all new 2023 furniture and appliances making the home turn-key ready to enjoy.

Orange Blossum

It's been a while since I've seen such aggressive stupidity in pricing a home. $680k in a bog standard $320-$360k neighborhood.

The one upside in this catastrophically slow time down here is the possibility some some of these idiots will be wiped out in the process.
billyjack2009
They have that custom fence at the front and the janky chain link to the side.

The light fixture over the dining table is perpendicular???

The kitchen makes me sad.

They did not spread their budget well.
TMoney2007
AG
jtmoney03 said:

The pool area looks nice.

The rest of it is actively giving me a headache with all the patterns.
Furlock Bones
AG
holy moly. there is so much going on in that house.
RulesForTheeNotForMe
AG
htxag09 said:

Saw this last week and know someone who put an offer in on it but lost the bidding war. I told them, that kitchen looks cool now, but give it 3-6 months and y'all are going to hate that color and will be spending thousands painting it a normal color.
Sea Speed
AG
I want to strangle that realtor with those absurd over the top captions. Indulge, experience, embrace, discover, step in to etc etc followed by a dissertation that Quentin Tarantino would think was a bit too wordy.
MAS444
AG
my favorite is "take you breath away"...really? I'm a total real estate dork but no real estate, no matter how bad ass, has ever taken my breath away. Obviously it's all hyperbole but it drives me nuts...as if that's gonna sell me on the property.

Also..."awe inspiring"
htxag09
AG
I don't even read the captions anymore….
Sea Speed
AG
Its impossible not to notice them when they take up more screen real estate than the actual photos
histag10
AG
I just assume they have some weird thesaurus subscription and are trying to get their money's worth
The Fife
MAS444 said:

my favorite is "take you breath away"...really? I'm a total real estate dork but no real estate, no matter how bad ass, has ever taken my breath away. Obviously it's all hyperbole but it drives me nuts...as if that's gonna sell me on the property.

Also..."awe inspiring"
Mold has.
The Dog Lord
AG
billyjack2009 said:

They have that custom fence at the front and the janky chain link to the side.

The light fixture over the dining table is perpendicular???

The kitchen makes me sad.

They did not spread their budget well.

Kitchens and bathrooms both. Also, some of the larger rooms had 4 types of lighting: recessed, track, fan, and chandelier. ****ing awful for a place they clearly did work on.
krosch11
AG
Take a look at this home I found on Realtor.com
512 Marcia Pl, New Braunfels
$1,300,000 6beds 4.5baths

https://apps.realtor.com/mUAZ/8ovn5nny

Every room has a different finish and my OCD is off the charts .
billyjack2009
The master shower is a jail cell.
First Page Last Page
Page 123 of 127

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.