Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

623,777 Views | 4407 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by p_bubel
FincAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is that corrugated sheet metal for the bar?
p_bubel

510 Mistletoe
Robert C. Christian
AG
My 2 year old would think that is the best hiding spot of all time.
valtosca
AG
Looks like there's a closet too so it can easily be an additional bedroom!
Post removed:
by user
The Fife
Loads of character from the street, zero inside. Gotta love flippers...
MAS444
AG
This may not be a bad price for the land, but the description trying to sell the house itself is terrible. And right on top of a big muddy lake/ditch right next to Buffalo Bayou (guessing it's flooded recently). And... "on an unheard of acre inside of 610 loop." Except that's not true.

It's amazing to me that someone who can afford this kind of property would hire a realtor this clueless.

https://www.har.com/8-carlton-park-court/sale_39361753
JMac03
AG
Watch out there, it says he is a "Platinum Agent" (whatever that means)

(omg just looked at the photos - those are terrible - pay someone $500-$1k to come clean all that crap out of there and get a real photographer!)
Diggity
AG
BuyBroker is a flat fee service so the owner likely took those pics himself. They should definitely hire a photographer, as those pics are terrible.
The Fife
$54,000 in property taxes per year + 30 year old McMansion that's all original = money pit. No way I'd touch this one!
94chem
MAS444 said:

This may not be a bad price for the land, but the description trying to sell the house itself is terrible. And right on top of a big muddy lake/ditch right next to Buffalo Bayou (guessing it's flooded recently). And... "on an unheard of acre inside of 610 loop." Except that's not true.

It's amazing to me that someone who can afford this kind of property would hire a realtor this clueless.

https://www.har.com/8-carlton-park-court/sale_39361753

They've accepted a 10% increase in appraisal value for 5 years straight, during which time the property taxes have almost doubled. Add the flooding on top of that, and this seems like a distressed seller. Now, this place is listed as having 4 BR and 8 baths. Must be a house full of grandpas and teenage girls to need that many bathrooms. Finally, the suitcase picture was pretty disturbing. It's like they've been murdering tourists, like in Nothing But Trouble. Somebody should dredge the pond and see if Digital Underground is in there.
The Fife
Can a buyer petition to have the value lowered?
94chem
The Fife said:

Can a buyer petition to have the value lowered?

It will be lowered to the purchase price if a protest is filed, but not until 2020. You'd want to purchase in December-ish so the current owner is stuck with the 2019 taxes. Is that right?
TXTransplant
The description on this one is pretty funny..."keep The Heights weird", "jungle retreat in The Heights", "for the urban animal in you", and my personal favorite - "The materials aren't so much reclaimed as they are 'found' and 'collected'. At the end of the day, this is for someone who wants to have the most unique dwelling in the neighborhood and spends their days being of the world instead of being in four walls."

How about we just call it what it is - a tear down?

https://www.har.com/723-w-12th-street/sale_14538916
MAS444
AG
That one has been listed and relisted several times. But yeah, it's basically a tear down and should be priced as such.
The Fife
It's unique, I'll give them that. With a 3 year old and 9 month old it looks like a real nightmare with all those steps and hard surfaces.

I was expecting to see something getting ready to fall down but the condition seems ok at least, albeit with an absolutely screwy layout.
p_bubel

Tiled front yard! No mowing, what a plus. Must purchase.

WTF. Man, that house is effin destroyed.

302 Lavaca

At that price it will rot, taking what was once a decent house many, many decades ago and making it only worth lot value.

Quote:

Value is in the land & the proximity to downtown, King Williams & all new development of the area
Ugh, you're about million to 800 grand overpriced then. Effin lunatics.
JMac03
AG
A&M used to have a TAMUS property on Lavaca street - they moved about 2ish years ago. It is a very expensive area. (it was a house). And note - I have no idea what that area is worth.
p_bubel
141 Lavaca I think.

They were sharing space with SAISD for a bit. That 4 acre lot has since been sold to a developer. (I'm happy)
johnrth
Can you imagine how slippery that gets when it rains. There are some dumb people in this world.
The Fife
p_bubel said:

Tiled front yard! No mowing, what a plus. Must purchase.

WTF. Man, that house is effin destroyed.

302 Lavaca

At that price it will rot, taking what was once a decent house many, many decades ago and making it only worth lot value.

Quote:

Value is in the land & the proximity to downtown, King Williams & all new development of the area
Ugh, you're about million to 800 grand overpriced then. Effin lunatics.
5 apartments + 6 carports + house... on 1/3 acre

The Fife
Plenty of pictures showing you what rooms look like when you're stumbling drunk + zero of the kitchen. FSBO of course.

They're going for an extra $22/sq ft over what things around here typically go for. I wish them the best of luck since it's close to where I live but I don't think it's gonna happen.

histag10
AG
I love the groping figurine is the center of that picture. and that the picture is ever so slightly tilted down to the left.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
JMac03
AG
NM I see it before the photos.
JMac03
AG
OMG that place is so hideous. I bet the neighbors will be glad when someone else moves in.
BenFiasco14
AG
third coast.. said:

Oooooh here's a good one from detroit.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/450-W-Grixdale_Detroit_MI_48203_M37779-89409
That's it. Enough internet for me today.

What. The. F.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
MAS444
AG
Here's a great listing:

https://www.har.com/804-merrill-street/sale_96858633

Market price for this lot only is about $600,000 - $650,000. Really nice newer (and/or very nicely updated) homes are going for +/- $350/ft, which would put this in that same range. And this guy lists for $1.2MM

But then again, it does feature a citrus tree in the back yard which has "plenty of fruit to share with neighbors."

Unbelievable.
JMac03
AG
What a ****hole. That is a tear-down and rebuild fo sho.
MAS444
AG
Yeah a buddy realtor of mine who has listings in the same area called and asked the realtor what comps he based that off of...
histag10
AG
They really put pictures of other homes on their listing? As a selling point? Were they hoping to encourage buyers to look at the new construction homes?
MAS444
AG
New construction for about that same price. Tough decision.
Ol Jock 99
AG
You left out the outside shot! It really ties the place together.

TXTransplant
If that doesn't make the case for why HOAs are necessary, IDK what does!
First Page Last Page
Page 54 of 126

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.