Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

623,744 Views | 4407 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by p_bubel
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wow. so that explains the pools i guess. this weird place was his showroom.
p_bubel
RK said:

that place is amazing. a water slide, a grotto...and a front pool literally inches out the front door?? incredible.
Take a look at the Google street view, there's was a "bridge" at one point.
It's effin glorious.
Vernada
AG
sts7049 said:

the two power wheels in the garage cracked me up
what about random dude creeping on the left side of the first pic?
sts7049
AG
didn't see him either
Ducks4brkfast
AG
p_bubel said:

RK said:

that place is amazing. a water slide, a grotto...and a front pool literally inches out the front door?? incredible.
Take a look at the Google street view, there's was a "bridge" at one point.
It's effin glorious.

Check out the hood on the white F150 next door to the right.
sts7049
AG
i also like how this street view was captured in oct 15 but there are christmas lights up
The Fife
It's like your own personal slice of Juarez, only with 45% less cartels!
Joan Wilder
AG
This house is why I follow this thread. $900k for that crack den?

The discarded Mickey Mouse dolls in the corner!!
MAS444
AG
I can't stop thinking about that front pool. Can't you just imagine Pablo and friends/family partying in that pool (which is basically in the driveway) as cars come and go down the street...
Joan Wilder
AG
Now that the bridge is gone...how do you get in the front door?
Post removed:
by user
p_bubel
When you want to put in a pool, but don't ever want to see it from the house...

"Honey, go get me a beer."
StringerBell
AG
im not a houstonite so forgive me for a dumb question, but is that REALLY what 900k gets you in the heights?
MAS444
AG
Hell no. That dirt may be worth a half of that...but more likely 1/3. Its not the best part of the heights.
The Fife
I get testing the waters and all that, but isn't this one doomed to failure unless they find a huge sucker to go in with cash? Even if someone wanted that giant turd it's not like it would ever come close to appraising.
TXTransplant
Another strange one...standard, unassuming red brick suburban two-story on the outside; medieval/renaissance fair fantasy on the inside. And it can be yours for just $2.285 million!

http://www.austinhomesearch.com/homes-for-sale/12504-Black-Mesa-Cv-Austin-TX-78739-199461286
Kate Beckett
AG
TXTransplant said:

Another strange one...standard, unassuming red brick suburban two-story on the outside; medieval/renaissance fair fantasy on the inside. And it can be yours for just $2.285 million!

http://www.austinhomesearch.com/homes-for-sale/12504-Black-Mesa-Cv-Austin-TX-78739-199461286

What in the actual hell is that? Jesus.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I'm not into the Medieval thing but I actually can appreciate the execution of that. Completely unassuming from the front and totally committed to the theme inside.

Obviously going to limit the pool of buyers but that is interesting weird rather than scary weird like the front-pool-drug-den.
Vernada
AG
Wow. That is amazing. Certainly for a niche market but you've got to appreciate the dedication to the vision.
The Fife
Kate Beckett said:

TXTransplant said:

What in the actual hell is that? Jesus.
This one left me thinking what in the seven hells instead. Seriously, where's the damn iron throne anyway? Would not buy because of that.
sts7049
AG
i agree. it's nuts but well done
Ol Jock 99
AG
It is truly an Absolutely Stunning Custom Home.
histag10
AG
so an actual stunning custom home for sale:

http://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales/detail/180-l-3720-4rjc2c/montanas-shelter-island-estate-rollins-mt-59931

Shelter Island Estate is once again for sale up here for a bargain price of $29,000,000. Which is actually a bargain, considering the asking a few years ago was near 80mm.

Diggity
AG
Quote:

Some come to Montana for the authentic ranch experience, some come to be surrounded by like-minded people in organized luxury golf communities. You are not like those individuals. You are one of only a handful of individuals in the world who have the distinct opportunity to provide yourself, your family and your closest companions with the gift of privacy, seclusion and safety in the unequivocal King of luxury modern estates.
sts7049
AG
awesome house. terrible video though.
Diggity
AG
you'd think they could at least stage the place with some furniture. Interior pics are pretty underwhelming.

and for 30 million...I want a damn pool!
histag10
AG
Flathead Lake might as well be a giant pool with how clear it is. And with a 22 acre island, I suppose you could put a pool in.

I will say that the interior pictures and video were pretty bad for 30 million. Would think Sotheby's would have done better work.
Diggity
AG
MAS444
AG
I think that house was on an an HGTV or some such show...America's Most Expensive Houses or something like that. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's got a rail system by which you can park your boats in an underground garage. Pretty cool.
histag10
AG
MAS444 said:

I think that house was on an an HGTV or some such show...America's Most Expensive Houses or something like that. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's got a rail system by which you can park your boats in an underground garage. Pretty cool.

I believe it does.
Aggie09Derek
AG
MAS444 said:

go to the 7 min mark of the video above
FincAg
AG
I remember seeing that and wondering, that's when you have too much money.
sts7049
AG
that boat garage is an awesome idea but seems like you'd be screwed if you ever wanted something bigger
StringerBell
AG
Perfect place to ride out the zombie apocalypse
The Fife
This one is just past the house across the street from us. $1.1 M. Great job with the outside pics, but there's no way this will sell for that amount based on the inside. It looks like hardly anything has changed since it was built in 1988.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1865-W-Battery-Ln_Charleston_SC_29407_M50011-04165

House in question is on the left at the cul de sac. You go from here...

to here

Nope.
First Page Last Page
Page 28 of 126

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.