Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

630,591 Views | 4410 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Complete Idiot
Zemira
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm thinking the open floorplan bathroom with out a defined shower is why they are saying it's a modern masterpiece.
The Fife
quote:
Check out this "mid century " modern masterpiece." Other than being built in 1955, I don't see any other signs of MCM. Also...must check out the master bath!

http://www.har.com/733-w-creekside-dr/sale_90948842
There is nothing MC or M about the place. I didn't know if it was recently flipped out, but Google Maps says nope. It's all just the most recent version of suburban contemporary styling. If you don't like it wait a while and it'll change again. It doesn't look like a $1.5M house though, it looks like someone is trying too hard.

Not sure what they were trying for with the bathroom but they sure sacrificed a lot of space to do it.
p_bubel
quote:
35 N ~~ LEFT ON WEIDNER GOOGLE GRANDBERRY RD FOR GPS

Those are some excellent directions.
The even more amazing part in that approximately 2 sentence joke is there are apparently two errors with the directions.
TXTransplant
This one is just too good - there appears to be an in-ground hot tub IN THE MASTER BATH! Surrounded by carpet, natch. Maybe someone will be nice and post the pic.

http://www.har.com/9104-york-avenue/sale_LAORTX-201606611
dubi
AG
quote:
This one is just too good - there appears to be an in-ground hot tub run IN THE MASTER BATH! Surrounded by carpet, natch. Maybe someone will be nice and post the pic.

http://www.har.com/9104-york-avenue/sale_LAORTX-201606611
Furlock Bones
AG
The Fife
That bathtub is dangerous to anyone who walks into the room drunk. And it's in Lubbock so you know it's bound to happen.
dubi
AG
quote:
That bathtub is dangerous to anyone who walks into the room drunk. And it's in Lubbock so you know it's bound to happen daily.
FIFY
histag10
AG
maybe its just me, but this seems like really weird pergola placement

p_bubel
Already posted the photo on page one... ooops.
dubi
AG
Homebuilder in B/CS

Post removed:
by user
histag10
AG
quote:
Homebuilder in B/CS

I actually kind of like that house. Not the biggest fan of the turret, but otherwise, it looks like it will be a beautiful house when finished.
TXTransplant
I think my mega-neighborhood has the lock on ugly turret homes. The first two are on the same 30-house loop/cul de sac. I counted one day when I was out running - I think 1/2 the houses on that loop have a turret. Must have been a requirement to build there...(insert eyeroll).

http://www.har.com/3-paloma-pines-pl/sale_99674614

http://www.har.com/30-n-fremont-ridge-loop/sale_29500848

http://www.har.com/10-shearling-ct/sale_42765242
Diggity
AG
you know it's fancy when the addresses only have a digit or two.
TXTransplant
quote:

LOL...that's a Woodlands thing! The vast majority of the house numbers are only one or two digits. A select few have three. None have four. Even my non-fancy house only has a two digit address.
dubi
AG
quote:
quote:
Homebuilder in B/CS

I actually kind of like that house. Not the biggest fan of the turret, but otherwise, it looks like it will be a beautiful house when finished.

I am mocking the turret.

I also dislike the alternating brick colors; notice white brick on the parts that jut out and dark brick on the back parts.
p_bubel
How many roof and window types can one overpriced home have?
p_bubel
quote:
I have yet to understand using 5 or 6 digits in some of these newer neighborhoods. Drives me up a wall and there's no good reason for it.
dubi
AG
quote:
How many roof and window types can one overpriced home have?

Having those fancy windows makes it hard if you want blinds. The "turret" house has a small curve in the windows at the top. I would hate that if the sun was shining in my house thru that little curve.
Furlock Bones
AG
my brother lives in the same neighborhood.
dubi
AG
quote:
fugly house?
TXTransplant
quote:

Haha! I was wondering if anyone who reads this thread was in the neighborhood. I see lots of Ag tags on cars.

You can count the turrets on Google maps... At least 13/31 houses have one (Google maps hasn't been updated, though, and still shows two empty lots).
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
quote:
fugly house?

No turrets on his.

I should say he lives in part of that neighborhood. It is split up into sort of mini neighborhoods inside of a mega neighborhood.
The Fife
quote:
Homebuilder in B/CS

They packed a whole lot of WTF into that package. Maybe I'm crazy but for $850K I'd expect some kind of cohesiveness in terms of style. It looks like a spec home, maybe they did it that way so that it would kind of maybe/sorta fit with several general decor styles. At that price point over there I'd rather have fewer square footage but have what's there be better designed.

You Texas people really are stepping your game up with the turrets and insane roofs! I need to search listings again to try and find something that even comes close but mostly it's a sea of bland.
TXTransplant
quote:
quote:
quote:
fugly house?

No turrets on his.

I should say he lives in part of that neighborhood. It is split up into sort of mini neighborhoods inside of a mega neighborhood.

Gotcha. I also don't live in either of those mini-hoods. I live in one (with significantly less expensive homes) about a mile away.
dubi
AG
quote:
They packed a whole lot of WTF into that package

It is like 9 people working in different countries designed the house without any communication between them.
p_bubel
quote:
PND $139,900 09/24/2015

Pending since 09/24/2015. Oye. Maybe time for an update on that listing?
The Fife
The house may not be that bad, but it's yet another example of a horrible listing. Currently at $700K, a bit under 5,000 sq ft, it's in a very nice neighborhood and probably an estate sale. They should have either taken the pictures before they dragged out all of grandma and grandpa's stuff and put price tags on it all, or after when there's space to move around. Everything looks really cramped in there and the house would probably sell better without the crappy second kitchen someone added on. There's enough that was done wrong there to write a page or two on.

1720 Vassar Dr

Featured chef's kitchen.

Second kitchen, watch your head.

Gramercy Riffs
AG
What do we think about this dining room light? This is from a rehabbed unit in an apartment community I shot over the weekend. Without additional lamps, this is sort of a dark/moody interior, but I thought the shadows were interesting. It was cool for five minutes, but I'm not sure if I'd want to live with it. It's a Class C property, so this is one of the nicer units so far as they try to step up their game a bit.

Thoughts?

FrioAg 00
AG
Agree it might get old, but I think it's pretty neat for the price range. Might need to be adjusted (lamps, etc) once you move in.

p_bubel
[url=https://flic.kr/p/MprCFU][/url]Oye3 by Paul Bubel, on Flickr

That looks structurally sounds. No permits of course.
quote:
house has no plubing and no electrical..... original house was torn down... now is lot w/ secondary home towards rear of lot .. wood contruction, 2 story... sound, dry, but no utilities at all.
2 Bedroom, 0 Bath. $29,000 well within the city limits. I love San Antonio.
The Fife
Google Maps Street View shows that it's been there a while and the original house caught fire between the first two passes a long time ago. No way I'd get involved with anything but Habitat taking whatever they wanted from the place.
LostInLA07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
fugly house?

No turrets on his.

Gotcha. I also don't live in either of those mini-hoods. I live in one (with significantly less expensive homes) about a mile away.

Creekside is Neighborhood Land. If suburbia had a theme park, Creekside would be it. I swear I hear the song from the Disney "it's a small world" ride when driving through there.
TXTransplant
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
fugly house?

No turrets on his.

Creekside is Neighborhood Land. If suburbia had a theme park, Creekside would be it. I swear I hear the song from the Disney "it's a small world" ride when driving through there.

Hahaha! This is very true! I often feel like I live in suburban utopia, stepford wives and all!
First Page Last Page
Page 15 of 127

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.