Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

623,689 Views | 4407 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by p_bubel
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beautiful home, but holy shiplap.
Buck Compton
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/420-E-College-St_Grapevine_TX_76051_M88986-29216?view=qv

Peak Shiplap.
Literally every wall.
Post removed:
by user
JMac03
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/420-E-College-St_Grapevine_TX_76051_M88986-29216?view=qv

Peak Shiplap.
This house is super cute - besides the fact that shiplap threw up inside the house. They could have used 1/5 of it and rest regular walls and it would have been so much better.
oldag00
AG
Based on the age of the home...is it possible the ship lap boards are original? Still shouldn't all be exposed though.
GeographyAg
AG
oldag00 said:

Based on the age of the home...is it possible the ship lap boards are original? Still shouldn't all be exposed though.
That's what I was thinking, too. I have two relatives living in older Texas homes, both of which are solid ship lap on the inside. One of them has never been painted. It's not a pretty home, but it's got "original ship lap" for sure.
If I’m posting, it’s actually Mrs GeographyAg.
Mr. GeographyAg is a dedicated lurker.
The Fife
It's a sh*tlap avalanche!
Ol_Ag_02
AG
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/11014-Houston-Dr_La-Porte_TX_77571_M86036-00527?view=qv

You too, can own a Jeep!

I honestly can't tell what's real and what's photoshopped here because it almost all looks fake.
johnrth
Wife: "Let's have use all these vibrant colors for our interior walls!"

Husband: " let's not go overboard. Here paint this section of the wall black where the TV will go. While we're at it, black tub tile in the guest baths looks great with the bright colors."
Boiling Denim
Ol_Ag_02 said:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/11014-Houston-Dr_La-Porte_TX_77571_M86036-00527?view=qv

You too, can own a Jeep!

I honestly can't tell what's real and what's photoshopped here because it almost all looks fake.
Goodness. This photo is like an MC Escher drawing. My brain hurt trying to understand the jagged corner/wall/cabinet situation on the middle left

JMac03
AG
I am so confused by all of this. 4 different backsplashes in the kitchen?
The Fife
Nothing says crapmanship quite like wall cabinets not being the same height and leaving some of the greenboard they drywalled the kitchen with visible.

edit: ok what the flying **** is going on here, and how drunk was someone when they thought this would be a great layout for a bathroom?

94chem
Boiling Denim said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

You too, can own a Jeep!

Goodness. This photo is like an MC Escher drawing. My brain hurt trying to understand the jagged corner/wall/cabinet situation on the middle left

How can the crown molding be straight, but the baseboard be jagged/crooked? Can anybody explain this?

Also, the stairs appear to be at about half the grade needed to get anywhere.
Bobcat-Ag
Ol_Ag_02 said:

You too, can own a Jeep!

I think there is a lot of fake in these pictures. We need someone to go and view the home and post some real pics. I have never run across fake pictures when house shopping. If this is a thing, then I am not looking forward to my next house move.
Post removed:
by user
94chem
third coast.. said:

The blender base with no container and the plug strung out a foot and a half are also a nice touch.
Crazy. And the granite on the island doesn't go all the way to the edge. And the cabinet in the foreground has a granite wall. I've seen less vertical rock at Zion National Park.
Post removed:
by user
Buck Compton
AG
It's the angle of the photos. What's happening at that cabinet is bad design, but easy to understand. Not sure what's so difficult. The cabinet doesn't have a wall to the left side, but they continued the baseboard all the way around the cabinet into the kitchen.

The backsplash and island are what get me... awful work.
Post removed:
by user
94chem
third coast.. said:

I mean I get that but it absolutely seamlessly blends together on the top. Both the corner of the wall and the crown molding, making it look really crazy.

I'm with you. Still not seeing how that's possible.

Also, if you go to the listing, there is another photo of the kitchen that includes the fridge. I have no clue how to stitch those 2 photos together.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
94chem said:

third coast.. said:

I mean I get that but it absolutely seamlessly blends together on the top. Both the corner of the wall and the crown molding, making it look really crazy.

Also, if you go to the listing, there is another photo of the kitchen that includes the fridge. I have no clue how to stitch those 2 photos together.
ITS ****ING PHOTOSHOPPED
94chem
94chem said:

third coast.. said:

Okay, in photo 7, the fridge and the oven have been removed, and the backsplash above the oven has been changed.

Being a realtor shouldn't be the path to easy street for idiots who aren't willing to work. It's a good profession, and these fools really hurt everyone's reputation. Can those of you who work hard and give a darn get them "disbarred?" I mean, it says ReMax, but shouldn't that imply a basic level of literacy - like, for example, not capitalizing every noun in the listing?
TXTransplant
94chem said:

third coast.. said:

The blender base with no container and the plug strung out a foot and a half are also a nice touch.
Crazy. And the granite on the island doesn't go all the way to the edge. And the cabinet in the foreground has a granite wall. I've seen less vertical rock at Zion National Park.

I seriously doubt that's granite on the side of the cabinet. I'm pretty sure it's peel and stick faux stone contact paper.
p_bubel

Bobcat Crk
JMac03
AG
Oh we thought we would remodel and rip out the fireplace - well **** there is a big pipe there.
ItsA&InotA&M
third coast.. said:

And in picture 14, there are two rolls of toilet paper, one is on towel rack and the other is just stabbed into the tp holder that doesn't have the roller.
histag10
AG

Why the massive elevation in the front? It doesnt appear to serve any purpose.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
I had a feeling this house was going to come up. Agreed, it is odd, though I actually kinda like it. Needs a massive kitchen renovation.
JaneDoe02
AG
Want to buy part of an old cemetery?

$75,000
Hopes Creek Rd
https://b1iw.app.link/sfxlPWLyO3

Maybe this link works?
https://www.exitlubbock.com/-/listing/301364573/Hopes-Creek-Road-Bryan-TX-77845?content_index=4288&from=results

It's listed by a realtor out of Lubbock but it's Brazos County
histag10
AG
That link doesnt work (or at least not for me)
histag10
AG
coleasterling said:

I had a feeling this house was going to come up. Agreed, it is odd, though I actually kinda like it. Needs a massive kitchen renovation.

It looks like they wanted a basement, but couldnt afford to dig down...
Deats99
AG
histag10 said:

Why the massive elevation in the front? It doesn't appear to serve any purpose.
Flood plain?
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
histag10
AG
None if their neighbors are raised, and I don't think it's in the flood plain. It's a fairly new subdivision. Would someone put a subdivision in the flood plain?
MAS444
AG
In Houston they would.
one MEEN Ag
AG
JaneDoe02 said:

Want to buy part of an old cemetery?

$75,000
Hopes Creek Rd
https://b1iw.app.link/sfxlPWLyO3

Maybe this link works?
https://www.exitlubbock.com/-/listing/301364573/Hopes-Creek-Road-Bryan-TX-77845?content_index=4288&from=results

It's listed by a realtor out of Lubbock but it's Brazos County
Not trying to be disrespectful, but can those graves be exhumed? What would rules be on trying to develop that plot? You'd have the local media and certain non profits breathing down your neck for even parking a bulldozer on that property.

Seems like damned if you do, damned if you don't. I don't see how that plot is anything but a gravesite or a memorial to it.
First Page Last Page
Page 60 of 126

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.