Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

629,591 Views | 4410 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Complete Idiot
jenn96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
God the stench in that house must be unbelievable. You'd have to tear it down to studs and it would probably still reek.
FincAg
AG
Where is the "home" part of that cat shack?
The Fife
I... just... huh?

Is every available surface covered with posters, stickers or some combination thereof? Is sandblasting to get rid of the horrible paint they put up everywhere, cat smell, stickers, or just a general "yes" answer to anything you had the slightest thought about blasting?
Post removed:
by user
Kate Beckett
AG
Good lord. What in the actual hell is that?
drewser95
AG
third coast.. said:

There are no actual cats in those photos.
They all looked around, thought "Yeah this is disgusting, yo" and decided they would be better off taking their chances out on the streets.
Post removed:
by user
dubi
AG
Kate Beckett said:

Good lord. What in the actual hell is that?
POTD
histag10
AG
p_bubel said:

Quote:

Contemporary eccentric full log sided custom home on 20+/- acres for the cat fancier! If you love cats this is the home for you! If not bring your sandblaster! Custom build, hardwood kitchen cabinets (Oak, Lacewood, and Bocote) artistically accented with river rock. Cat walkways and in great room Medieval cat castle with different levels (stone)

LOL

I can't even choose a photo to link, they're all just that good.

I feel like someone should look up criminal activity on that property. No way those owners didnt bury at least one body in that yard....
johnrth
This house has been on the market for over 2 years priced just under $1.3M. It went under contract a few months ago and fell through now listed at a cool $1.6M.

https://www.trulia.com/property/1087127672-4420-S-Park-Loop-Rd-Jackson-WY-83001
SoTheySay
S
They accidentally put an extra zero.... right?
AggieDarlin
AG
johnrth said:

This house has been on the market for over 2 years priced just under $1.3M. It went under contract a few months ago and fell through now listed at a cool $1.6M.

"$1.6M? Show me your tetons"
redass1876
AG
SoTheySay said:

They accidentally put an extra zero.... right?
I would wager you are pretty close lol
johnrth
I know from the neighboring property you can see the top half of the tetons but not so sure about that property.

Not an accidental zero, pretty sure they're trying to up the land value and I'm thinking someone is forced to sell but doesn't want to and thats why its priced high.
AggieDarlin
AG
Yeah. For 1.6M I don't wanna just see the tip
histag10
AG
johnrth said:

I know from the neighboring property you can see the top half of the tetons but not so sure about that property.

Not an accidental zero, pretty sure they're trying to up the land value and I'm thinking someone is forced to sell but doesn't want to and thats why its priced high.

May be similar, but when the railroad transferred a ton of people out of here recently, the houses that hit the market were priced WAY above what houses are trading for here. Apparently if the house sits for 6-12 months, BNSF's relocation company will come take possession of it at the asking price (or just below?), and sell it to relieve the financial burden on the relocated employee. So people are jacking up prices hoping to make a few bucks.

And it looks like that may not be the neighboring property, but part of the property being sold. it does have a main house, guest house, large outbuilding and over 4 acres.
The Fife
johnrth said:

If you didn't like it at $1.3M, you'll love it at $1.6!

Also, who doesn't love a mirror in their shower?

histag10
AG
Is it an anti-fog mirror? If so, could be useful I suppose...
The Fife
histag10 said:

Is it an anti-fog mirror? If so, could be useful I suppose...
Given the amazing quality of the fixtures, tile and furnishings nearby what do you think the odds of that are?
histag10
AG
I just now realized that the cabinet is missing a knob.

But i'd say the chances are pretty good. It looks like they may have skimped on several things, so that they could afford an anti fog mirror.
p_bubel

Strange Arch into an arch thing going on...

230 Donaldson
The Fife
Looks like the flipper didn't screw things up too bad, but that kitchen layout is terrible. Should've put a vanity instead of a pedestal sink in that bathroom, it's too big for something like that and needs storage.
p_bubel
Yeah, it's not a bad house. Especially for the price point. That neighborhood is finally starting to look good.
I'd put decent money over there if I didn't already have a place nearby.

Schools still suck though.
p_bubel
Hope you like purple...

It sold for $330,000, which is only $100,000 over the median sales price for the market area at a similar GLA and $60,000 over the next highest sale.
p_bubel
Ran across this cool ONeil-Ford Home just down the way from the purple home.

Pretty cool. And very pricey for the area.
p_bubel
Diggity said:

Quote:

"BONUS: BUYERS WILL RECIEVE 5 years tax free and an additional 5 years of 1/2 off taxes!!!!!!!"
What fresh hell is this?

Anyone run into this before? Current taxes are around $3,000 per year. This is a $200k flipped house.

Ain't no way I'm using this sale as a comp.

I've seen tax abatements on downtown condos in Houston because they were historic renovations. They always had a shelf life.

Not sure the story in your case.

A county freeze on tax increases, right? Yeah, that I can understand.

I can't imagine how it would be tax free for 5 years unless the seller is coughing up the dough.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2220-W-Huisache-Ave_San-Antonio_TX_78201_M76009-27911#photo17

It's just a generic flip. Oh well.
So, to go back to this conversation 5 months ago Diggity, this is a legit tax break the county/city offers.

I'm in the process of filing for the break with my dump. If you're renovating in a historic district, and spending a third of the overall value on fixing it up they give you two options for a tax break.

10 years locked at the pre-improvement tax rate or 5 years no taxes and 5 years half off the new improved rate.

They might have something similar in your market... maybe. I think I'm going to do the 10 years, since I'm planning on being there long term.
The Fife
p_bubel said:

Hope you like purple...

It sold for $330,000, which is only $100,000 over the median sales price for the market area at a similar GLA and $60,000 over the next highest sale.
Looking beyond purple (and WHY purple?!), I don't get why someone would go for a look that's even remotely modern or contemporary in a house built in 1928. They remodeled all the character right out of the place.
The Fife
p_bubel said:

Ran across this cool ONeil-Ford Home just down the way from the purple home.

Pretty cool. And very pricey for the area.
OMG YESYESYESYESYES!

Post removed:
by user
The Original AG 76
AG
The Fife said:

johnrth said:

If you didn't like it at $1.3M, you'll love it at $1.6!

Also, who doesn't love a mirror in their shower?

shaving ?? interesting
p_bubel

This too, could be your view if you build a 500 foot tall house on .07 acres.

Oye. I get it. It's an interesting shot, but how about one of the, you know, actual lot somewhere in there?

Link
dubi
FincAg
AG
Thats a 3000 sqft lot?
drewser95
AG
p_bubel said:

This too, could be your view if you build a 500 foot tall house on .07 acres.
Zoning allows for Single-family Residential...or Observation Tower. You could build Tower of the Americas East.
histag10
AG
I like how the shots they have seem to intentionally not include any of the surrounding properties. I would guess its got some pretty shotty neighbors.
First Page Last Page
Page 32 of 127

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.