Chennedy Carter decks Caitlin Clark with cheap shot

14,839 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by PJYoung
BoxingAg84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Carter wasn't having it.

AeroAg2012
AG
Poor representative of our university.
AggieSports
AG
Chennedy had a good game. Sorry to see her take the cheap shot at Clark. No excuse for that. Of course, Angel Reese loved it. Glad to see Coach Weatherspoon with some words for Carter and Reese right after that.
LawHall88
AG
jrdaustin
AG
Absolutely disgraceful cheap shot by Carter.

Zero respect for her after this. League should sanction, fine and/or suspend her.

And refusing to address it after the game is Bush League.

Wildmen11
AG
Can't seem to understand the animosity. Clark is improving the profile of the league and could make them all so much more than they are making.

Even more disappointing to see Carter in cahoots with Reese who is a low life.
BoxingAg84
jrdaustin said:

Zero respect for her after this. League should sanction, fine and/or suspend her.

Apparently Caitlin told Carter something really ugly, and Carter retaliated.
Wildmen11
AG
Not sure thats an excuse for that tbh.
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
That was trash, Chennedy. Bad bull.
LawHall88
AG
taylorswift13_
Chennedy also outplayed her
fitzwatema
AG
There is always more to the story. It wasn't a smart play by Carter, but some of the reactions are over the top. Also, don't think for a minute Clark is miss innocent, she is always looking for a foul to be called especially if she makes a mistake.
taylorswift13_
Caitlyn Clark literally turned around after a Boston made basket and started mouthing off to Chennedy, Clark must have been frustrated she was getting outplayed and well guarded all game by Chennedy and told her something to piss her off, then Chennedy retaliated and Clark flopped
fitzwatema
AG
Clark has been a flopper her whole career in college, clearly she is going to continue until the officials stop it.
Jsaba7
I agree some of the blames against Carter here by some wonna be "saints" who take themselves too seriously are way over the top. How much do they think their so-called self respect is worth anyway? A lot happens on the court between players and blame should not be placed blindly.
Sports-Ag
AG
It's nice to see Carter playing well this early in the season. Maybe this team, players, and coach can get her game back on track.

Now to the Clark incident. I'm a fan of a Clark but she mouths so much off to players. Got away with it in college but the wnba players will not take it. I've seen times already where Clark mouths off to a wnba player and they retaliate. It will make Clark stronger.
BoxingAg84
Sports-Ag said:

It's nice to see Carter playing well this early in the season. Maybe this team, players, and coach can get her game back on track.

Now to the Clark incident. I'm a fan of a Clark but she mouths so much off to players. Got away with it in college but the wnba players will not take it. I've seen times already where Clark mouths off to a wnba player and they retaliate. It will make Clark stronger.
Caitlin has to understand that she if she talks trash to veteran PRO players, she needs to be ready for the repercussions.
Texas A&M
The play by Carter was cheap shot, but it could have been a lot worse. How she handled it after the game did not reflect well on Carter though. Charles was right... these women are all petty (and jealous) towards her. Maybe it is because she's the anti-WNBA 'hero' (straight/Christian/white).

BoxingAg84
Angel Reese on the sidelines getting in on the action.

Gap
AG
Lot of strong words here over a mild hip check. Caitlin needs to hit the gym if she is that fragile.
Bullpen Chias
AG
jrdaustin said:

Seriously?? She bumped her hard. Hahah
Bucketrunner
Carter continues to be an embarrassment. She should appreciate the player who is making her sport somewhat relevant.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
fitzwatema said:

Clark has been a flopper her whole career in college, clearly she is going to continue until the officials stop it.

OMFG. Take off the maroon colored glasses for a second.
To make THAT post after seeing THAT clip means you're an idiot or you didn't watch the clip.
fitzwatema
AG
$240 Worth of Pudding said:

fitzwatema said:

To make THAT post after seeing THAT clip means you're an idiot or you didn't watch the clip.
Have you watched Clark's career? I have and she flops all the time. Carter made a dumb play, but that fall was embellished by Clark. F.Y.I., I didn't like Carter's attitude when she was here, anymore than I like it now, but she played a good defensive game on Clark.
Reality Check
BoxingAg84 said:

Sports-Ag said:

Caitlin has to understand that she if she talks trash to veteran PRO players, she needs to be ready for the repercussions.
One would hope the "unwritten rules" for a professional sports organization would be slightly more respectable than the "unwritten rules" for the yard at a TDCJ facility, but apparently that's how things are now. I guess Caitlin can shake it off over a pouch of toilet wine and hope that next time the assailant doesn't have a shaved-down toothbrush to shank her with.
Author of the TexAgs Post of The Day - May 31, 2024

How do I get a Longhorn tag?
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
fitzwatema said:

fitzwatema said:

Have you watched Clark's career? I have and she flops all the time. Carter made a dumb play, but that fall was embellished by Clark. F.Y.I., I didn't like Carter's attitude when she was here, anymore than I like it now, but she played a good defensive game on Clark.

Good for you. WTF does that have to do with the topic at hand? If you think the play in question was a flop, you're blind.
Wicked Good Ag
fitzwatema said:

fitzwatema said:

That fall wasn't embellished at all. When you hit someone like that without them seeing it coming that will happen just like that.
I am not weighing in on what happened to lead to that. All I am saying is that a semi blindside hit football players go down like that as well
Southlake
Ironic that Clark is making that league relevant yet the established players hate her.

Prior to Clark playing I couldn't name two players in the wnba. Now I can name 3…
fitzwatema
AG

fitzwatema said:

fitzwatema said:

Good for you. WTF does that have to do with the topic at hand? If you think the play in question was a flop, you're blind.
I'm good, why don't you stop with all the cursing! I have my opinion and you have your opinion, agree to disagree.
Thanks and Gig'em.
BoxingAg84
jrdaustin said:

It ain't no fun when the rabbit has the gun.
BohunkAg
AG
White LSU girl trying to act black lol
BoxingAg84
Alpha Texan
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Chennedy retaliated and Clark flopped

Let's define a flop because I think that how you view flopping has to be the root of how differently we see this topic. I think that there is a STRONG difference between a flop and drawing/selling fouls. To me, A flop is when a player acts like there was a foul when there was no foul, see Lebron James and Chris Paul. Selling a foul is when you DO get fouled and you make sure the ref sees it. It's a different sport but a great example of selling a foul is Wydermyer throwing up his arms and letting the Bama defender run through his body at the end of the 2021 game, by keeping his arms away from the defender and being run over, he made it abundantly clear who hindered who in the play.

This was a legitimate foul against Clark and she made sure that the refs couldn't ignore it. That's selling a foul.
Gap
AG
That play was the play directly before that hip check too, like 15 seconds before it.

Appreciate the context.
Bucketrunner
The elephant in the room is that it is mainly a racial/jealousy thing. White giirls don't often care about the sport as much anymore and aren't expected to be the best. Caitlin is stepping on toes.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.