Women's Basketball Roster

8,734 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MDAA3280
giggitygigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
While this isn't an answer to your question it is of note that Jordan Nixon has not been around the team at all this summer. Not sure if she's rehabbing her knee off campus or back home in NY or simply isn't on the team anymore. If that's the case it would obviously be a huge blow as she would have been by far the best returner. The backcourt suddenly lacks experience and the team a leader.
greg.w.h
AG
I applaud Jordan for who she is and how she led our team. I frankly cannot imagine what the last three years have been like even for regular students much less our athletes. At the least the mental weight itself was enormous for everyone, but then add to that intercollegiate practice and competition and a major injury that often slows steps and induces limitations.

If she chooses to set her course some other way, I would consider that an act of self-care of the most important kind and wish her the best in her future journey. She represented us in an amazing way while admitting struggles and dealing with a sport-related injury. Needs grace which complements her gracefulness.
Kbeauty63
AG
giggitygigem said:

While this isn't an answer to your question it is of note that Jordan Nixon has not been around the team at all this summer. Not sure if she's rehabbing her knee off campus or back home in NY or simply isn't on the team anymore. If that's the case it would obviously be a huge blow as she would have been by far the best returner. The backcourt suddenly lacks experience and the team a leader.
I chatted with Jordan at the banquet- she will be back - she's rehabbing the knee.
aggiedrjdub
AG
https://www.instagram.com/p/CgVaj9Pu8qd/?igshid=NDBlY2NjN2I=

Anyone know what's going on?
taylorswift13
AG
Not sure, hopefully nothing serious! Maybe a minor injury or time off for mental health
aggieFann
Looks like Nixon will forego her last year off eligibility but will continue with her master's at Texas A&M
https://www.instagram.com/p/ChoDhZ0N8XA/?igshid=ZDg1NjBiNjg=
taylorswift13
AG
Really sad to see her go, but she's gonna accomplish some big things! She's an Aggie Grad and led a great team in 2020-2021! She's gonna go far with her writing!
Kbeauty63
AG
So incredibly sad to see this, was so looking forward to seeing her back on the court. But I am so glad she will still be around. Maybe helping with the team
Anchorhold
Thanks & Gig'em, Jordan!
greg.w.h
AG
I cannot begin to imagine the sheer stress our athletes endured while the nation itself was in the throes of the Covid responses including ongoing shifts in policy, rules, and protocols. The company I'm contracted into just announced a major shift in how they are interpreting risk levels and reducing use of contact tracing technology for several risk levels.

I know Jordan leaked out some of the challenges she was dealing with in a form of humility and transparency that frankly the general public isn't owed or due. I appreciate her willingness to pull back the veil in her private life just a little but to do that.

I know I am pulling for her in whatever endeavor is next on her journey to meet life head on! She provided me with incredible pride in our team as a whole through her actions and words and represented our school…my school..well! Upwards and onwards!!
Room40
Thank you Jordan! Going to miss her leadership
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.