Brianna McDaniel Decommits

3,139 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggiedrjdub
JimbosNattyTrophy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A Kelly Bond recruit out of the Chicago area. Will be interesting to see where she lands.
fitzwatema
AG
HoovAustin said:

A Kelly Bond recruit out of the Chicago area. Will be interesting to see where she lands.

Hoped we could hold onto her, but not totally surprised to see her decomit. Looking forward to see Coach Taylor's staff and see what talent she can bring to A&M.
taylorswift13
AG
I trust Coach Joni Taylor
RhodeAg
AG
What was the point in getting three high school top 100 recruits from Chicago, Maryland and Michigan, if they were going to bolt once they found out Kelly Bond would not be the coach?

Why no Texas recruits? Ones who might be more willing to stay?

What will the new coach have to work with? Will Nixon return for a final season?...or is she ready to go on with her life outside of basketball?

Has Gary left our new coach an empty box to start with?

Will we need to fill up with transfers from other teams who have not been successful at their current schools? Doesn't sound like a good plan.

Gary left us with a 4-12 SEC record and a 14-15 season record...where clearly his girls gave up on him.

Is there any reason to expect success in 2022-23?
Don't take life too seriously...no one gets out alive.
Kbeauty63
AG
RhodeAg said:

What was the point in getting three high school top 100 recruits from Chicago, Maryland and Michigan, if they were going to bolt once they found out Kelly Bond would not be the coach?

What will the new coach have to work with? Will Nixon return for a final season?...or is she ready to go on with her life outside of basketball?

Will we need to fill up with transfers from other teams who have not been successful at their current schools? Doesn't sound like a good plan.

Gary left us with a 4-12 SEC record and a 14-15 season record...where clearly his girls gave up on him.

good grief! Give Coach Taylor some time! She's meeting with all the current players this week. And while the commits may de-commit - they still may talk to Coach Taylor & re-commit. As far as Jordan goes - she's had surgery - she's been seen back in town AND she knows Coach Taylor - I believe she will be back.
RhodeAg
AG
Nixon will be a key...especially a healthy one.

I don't see any of the three out-of-state recruits staying with Bond gone. She was the key recruiter there. These three are still being pursued with vigor by programs closer to home.

Surely Gary Blair could have foreseen this.

Am happy with the new hire...though it was oddly quiet in Georgia when she left. No angst with Georgia fans that I saw. Not sure what that means.
greg.w.h
AG
RhodeAg said:

Let'sre-hire Blair so we can lynch him…
Rudybryan
greg.w.h said:

RhodeAg said:

Let'sre-hire Blair so we can lynch him…
I see that you are not following the trend in basketball. You state filling up with transfers who have not been successful in the other school - SEC Champions Kentucky lost their entire starting line up 4 to transfer 1 to draft.....I consider them successful........not to many yers aho everyone was saying why aren't we recruting up north or out west or deep in Florida noone is ever happy....

There are over 900 players in the transfer portal......... ..looking to be a STARTER for a team and if they don't start they pick up ttheir marbles and transfer instead of working harder and improving...
aggiedrjdub
AG
This made me LOL
BQ_90
AG
Quote:

Can we at least wait and see who the staff is and who they bring in before we give up on next season?
AggieSports
AG
Kbeauty63 said:

RhodeAg said:

good grief! Give Coach Taylor some time! She's meeting with all the current players this week. And while the commits may de-commit - they still may talk to Coach Taylor & re-commit. As far as Jordan goes - she's had surgery - she's been seen back in town AND she knows Coach Taylor - I believe she will be back.

What Kbeauty said x 1000!
RhodeAg
AG
I really enjoyed what Gary Blair brought to Aggie women's basketball. Reminded me of Shelby Metcalf with his wit.

Gary and Kelly Bond recruited 3 Too 100 players...but all from far away. Our top recruit has decommitted. Another (Mia Petticord) ha taken her A&M stuff off her website, according to one TexAgs poster a couple of weeks ago. I assume the three will not be playing for us in the fall. Other programs near their homes are surely in hot pursuit.

We needed all three. Now, maybe Taylor can bring one or more of her Georgia players in through the portal. That would be helpful.

The scramble is on with the portal kids. I am hopeful. Am not happy with Gary's final season...it was a mess. His players stoped playing for him as the season came to a close. That was a major surprise...and I'm sure very disappointing to him.

We are all wondering what we will have for a roster next year. Where we sit right now is not encouraging...but we'll see what Joni can do. I found her to be quite impressive in her press conference.

Was glad to hear she wants Texas kids. Never got that feeling with Gary Blair. So many great prospects in Texas each year but we got so few committed.

There is reason for concern. Gary took us on a tremendous ride...but we finished this year 4-12 in the SEC. That equals 'bottom feeder'.

Joni has a hole to dig out of. And why did no one in Georgia seem disappointed to lose her? That seems odd.

Just questions...let's hope we quickly jump back to being relevant in the SEC in 2022-23. Don't need the snarky remarks...some reasonable conversation is what I am looking for. I am a fan of Aggie Women's basketball...just want to see us be a player again.
Gap
AG
The recruit's issues are the new coaches plans for them and how they fit into their systems. Similarly, the coaches are looking at the players to see how they would fit into what they want to do.

That is what is primarily at issue not the distance from home and whether they are from Texas. Players don't want to go somewhere their skill set isn't optimal for and coaches don't want to waste scholarships on players that aren't a great fit.

This should be expected with the coaching change. If stability was the primary goal, we would have hired KBW.
greg.w.h
AG
RhodeAg said:

I really enjoyed what Gary Blair brought to Aggie women's basketball. Reminded me of Shelby Metcalf with his wit.

Gary and Kelly Bond recruited 3 Too 100 players...but all from far away. Our top recruit has decommitted. Another (Mia Petticord) ha taken her A&M stuff off her website, according to one TexAgs poster a couple of weeks ago. I assume the three will not be playing for us in the fall. Other programs near their homes are surely in hot pursuit.

We needed all three. Now, maybe Taylor can bring one or more of her Georgia players in through the portal. That would be helpful.

The scramble is on with the portal kids. I am hopeful. Am not happy with Gary's final season...it was a mess. His players stoped playing for him as the season came to a close. That was a major surprise...and I'm sure very disappointing to him.

We are all wondering what we will have for a roster next year. Where we sit right now is not encouraging...but we'll see what Joni can do. I found her to be quite impressive in her press conference.

Was glad to hear she wants Texas kids. Never got that feeling with Gary Blair. So many great prospects in Texas each year but we got so few committed.

There is reason for concern. Gary took us on a tremendous ride...but we finished this year 4-12 in the SEC. That equals 'bottom feeder'.

Joni has a hole to dig out of. And why did no one in Georgia seem disappointed to lose her? That seems odd.

Just questions...let's hope we quickly jump back to being relevant in the SEC in 2022-23. Don't need the snarky remarks...some reasonable conversation is what I am looking for. I am a fan of Aggie Women's basketball...just want to see us be a player again.
We still were players until this season. And while I agree we never had a UConn or Carolina-style player that was with us your years and won multiple NCs, we had very good teams the whole time Blair was here.

Basketball is better in the Midwest in part because of winter. We should expect national recruiting tgat is strong. And get the best players in Texas, too. But remember Blair came out of a Texas high school and was opinionated on how women were reached and what his time at South Oak Cliff. He brought a passion for the game that was colorblind but pro-ALL women through and through.

My guess is Coach Taylor will be opinionated, too, and run her program to accomplish her viewpoint on who to recruit and how. I'll note that claiming you're an Aggie fan and attacking a coach that had been to three S16s in a row abd had several E8 and an NC is just deflection of why I snarked st you.

Don't deflect. Discuss if that's what you mean to do. Attack and expect to ge challenged back.
RhodeAg
AG
Good reply, Greg. As I mentioned above, I loved Gary Blair...not how he finished out. His folksy, whimsical comments were always a breath of fresh air...and the 2011 championship a wonderful thing. Will never forget the Stanford-A&M semifinal...and his team beat Brittany Griner in the regional finals.

But that was then...and this is now. Hopefully, Joni can figure this out. Just wanted to get a bit of discussion going. Yeah, I know...crazy to do that here.
BQ_90
AG
RhodeAg said:

Good reply, Greg. As I mentioned above, I loved Gary Blair...not how he finished out. His folksy, whimsical comments were always a breath of fresh air...and the 2011 championship a wonderful thing. Will never forget the Stanford-A&M semifinal...and his team beat Brittany Griner in the regional finals.

But that was then...and this is now. Hopefully, Joni can figure this out. Just wanted to get a bit of discussion going. Yeah, I know...crazy to do that here.
So without posting something about Gary, what do you want to discuss again? Knowing the coach has been on the job what 14 days? And we don't know of anyone that has been added to her staff or any transfers that have committed.

When you say "hopefully, Joni can figure it out" or "Is there any reason to expect success in 2022-23?"

To me that doesn't sound like discussion

If we're in this same position in June, then we can start the panic.
RhodeAg
AG
Lol! I give up.

Carry on...
JimbosNattyTrophy
AG
McDaniel has just committed to Maryland. Maybe a trade for Ashley Owusu?
aggiedrjdub
AG
HoovAustin said:

McDaniel has just committed to Maryland. Maybe a trade for Ashley Owusu?
Gosh - that would be a blessing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.