Arizona Wildcats

3,412 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by czar_iv
aggiedad55
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Arizona Wildcats were not taken seriously enough in the tournament. Their defense throttled U Conn just like they did A&M and made it to the championship game. Good luck to them.
hsvag
Kinda reminds me of our old teams with the Vic defense.
cs69ag
AG
Stanford has beaten Zona soundly 2x during the regular season, so makes this 3rd meeting pretty interesting
considering how Zona has been playing.
greg.w.h
AG
Regardless...first PAC-12 WBB NC in 1992. 29 years.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Arizona Brawlers vs Stanford Tree...Tree gets cut down in the NC game.
Trucker 96
Stanford tried to blow it with one of the worst late possessions I've ever seen to allow Arizona a chance down 1 with 6 seconds. But Arizona couldnt capitalize. Tree wins the title
Gap
AG
4 Stanford players guarding McDonald with 3.5 seconds left and she refused to pass the ball.

McDonald decided she was going to be the hero instead of just playing basketball. A simple cut to the basket by any of the unguarded players would have resulted in a layup.
Anchorhold
Sloppy last offensive possessions by both teams, but great game overall.
LawHall88
AG
94chem
Congrats to Stanford, and eternal snickers to Santa Clara County, who won't allow "contact sports." Hard for me to grasp how much of our country doesn't know what it's like to live in the free world. Those clowns are already planning how to not have school next year.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Sports-Ag
AG
Gap said:

4 Stanford players guarding McDonald with 3.5 seconds left and she refused to pass the ball.

McDonald decided she was going to be the hero instead of just playing basketball. A simple cut to the basket by any of the unguarded players would have resulted in a layup.

That's today basketball, go ahead and try and go for a 3 for the win. Thanks Steph Curry.
Cedar09
Gap said:

We were at the game and after that last shot my daughter said wow triples teamed and shot that shot. Poor decision!
rugger74
AG
Zona only needed a 2 to win.
_lefraud_
AG
Cedar09 said:

Gap said:

We were at the game and after that last shot my daughter said wow triples teamed and shot that shot. Poor decision!

If that's a regular season game, im not happy with that decision, if it's any other player, im not happy with that decision.

But Mcdonald carried that team to the title game, so as a coach, I'll just have to live with her making that decision and be ok with it.
greg.w.h
AG
Tara gets her third!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
5 seconds to go and posters want a pass inside where Stanford has two towers Passer

was triple teamed ! Could barely get a shot off!
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Hand Of God
AG
Coach VanDerveer went 29 years between titles.
aggiedrjdub
AG
https://fb.watch/4Ha4FvFrzL/

Just thought I'd post some perspective. This is what it's about. I get caught up in wanting to win a national championship every single year (I still want to to be honest lol), but this athlete is what it's all about! Wish we would have had her for 4 years instead of 2. God bless you Danielle!
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
greg.w.h
AG
Hand Of God said:

Coach VanDerveer went 29 years between titles.
How many times did they fire her between the second and third one?
aggiedrjdub
AG
well - i mean...she has coached her Stanford teams to three NCAA championships, 13 NCAA Final Four appearances, 23 Pac-12 regular-season titles, 14 Pac-12 Tournament crowns and 32 trips to the NCAA Tournament. so that's pretty good.

i just want to keep winning and keep getting better. if that's with GB, then so be it. if it's with someone else, so be it.
cs69ag
greg.w.h
AG
I'm in on more winning. But I also think the coach we have is the one who brung us to our first NC.

' In his 32 years as a collegiate head coach, Blair has only suffered one losing season,[2] and has reached postseason play 28 times, including 23 NCAA Tournament appearances and 2 Final Four appearances in 1998 and 2011. He led the Aggies to the NCAA national championship in 2011. He is listed in the top 35 of the all-time winningest active NCAA Division 1 women's basketball coaches, and is one of the few coaches to guide three different schools to national rankings and NCAA Tournament berths.[3] Blair was inducted into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame in 2013.'

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Blair

cs69ag
AG
T0 win an NC, your team has to have talent, chemistry, good health and a high dsire to win....

PLUS some good fortune.....just take what we just witnessed in SA

Both Troy and ISU were right there to beat our Aggies

bu maybe got screwed by the refs vs Uconn on the last play

Stanford beats USC and Zona by one poimt each and wins the NC

These games come quickly to mind...how narrow the wins and losses were, and how the outcomes could have been very different

Yes Tara has 29 yrs between NC's and now has 3. And it took two one point wins to do it! Wonder how many one or two point losses Tara had in all those other NCAA games that cost her advancing or winning another NC.
We know our Ags were down 10 points to Stanford with 5 min to go in the 2011 semi final. Stanford had a good team, but our Ags were just a little better with that last second lapup...Colson to White!

It takes good fortune to win a NC!!!!!! Geno and Uconn an outlier and maybe Tenn was at one time..
They likely had a few fortunate wins too.
aggiedrjdub
AG
All great points. Gig'em!
czar_iv
AG
cs69ag said:

It takes good fortune to win a NC!!!!!! Geno and Uconn an outlier and maybe Tenn was at one time..
They likely had a few fortunate wins too.
Teams made their own fortune ... Your argument might be valid for Baylor this year but not us.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.