Women's March Madness

10,656 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by greg.w.h
Hand Of God
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was hoping to see Sabrina take over late. Didn't happen.
biobioprof
Hand Of God said:

Was hoping to see Sabrina take over late. Didn't happen.
me too. Ducks had their chances, just couldn't hit at the end.
Hand Of God
AG
Pretty surprised Oregon kept it so close. Definitely had a chance to steal the game at the end but missed a few easy looks.
Cardiac Saturday
AG
Ms. Cardiac feels that the Ducks played one of their worst games tonight. Of course some of my hatred of all things bu may have influenced her thinking....
biobioprof
UConn-ND has been a good game. Not sure which will have a better shot at beating Baylor... I thought the Ducks matched up best.
biobioprof
ND wins. Kim or Muffet will move ahead of Tara on the list for NCs won.

Even before Turner's block, I thought missed key bunnies were a problem for UConn.
Hand Of God
AG
With the departure of Samuelson and Collier, UConn could actually have a real down year next year by their lofty standards. I would expect the end of their Final Four run. They'll still have four top quality players in Dangerfield, Walker, Williams, and Nelson-Ododa but will have absolutely zero depth off the bench.
Hand Of God
AG
UConn is going to have to nab a big time 2020 class to get their recruiting back on course. Their 2019 class had only one player (#33 nationally) sign. They just snagged the commitment from the nation's #1 recruit in 2020 but will need several other highly rated stars to rebuild their dynasty.
NavyAg22
Screw the dynasty
Hand Of God
AG
Sabrina Ionescu is returning for her senior season. Could have been an early WNBA draft pick.
Cardiac Saturday
AG
Good for Sabrina & good for women's basketball...!!!
greg.w.h
AG
UConn regressing to the mean is only meaningful if the school that replaces them isn't Stanford or ND or Baylor.

Want to see schools continue to grow into the top tier and expand it. Would love to see 64 schools with tough D, solid O, and great coaching. Would love to see women's basketball truly come of age at the college level. A below the rim game with the ferocity of Chennedy Carter is an amazing game.

And, yes, I acknowledge it might never be well regarded among the general population. But if it can draw 8-10k at Reed regularly then it can eventually draw 10-12k with effective marketing. After all...it used to draw fewer before Blair took over. And the same story can happen anywhere a Chris Beard-style coach breaks out with fundamental basketball and grows a program.
biobioprof
greg.w.h said:

UConn regressing to the mean is only meaningful if the school that replaces them isn't Stanford or ND or Baylor.
Those teams won't replace UConn even if they are consistent contenders. UConn was more like the Wooden UCLA teams. Even then, Geno didn't match Wooden's 7 NCs in a row. But UConn does have multiple repeat NCs. Other than UConn, the last team to repeat was Tennessee with Parker.

Today, Muffet might repeat and Kim or Muffet will become only the third HC to have 3+ NCs. I would not bet on either winning 3 in a row.

But Oregon, Miss State, and esp. S Carolina have brought new powers to the FF level since the last UConn streak. It's not the kind of parity seen in MBB, but it's more than before IMO.
greg.w.h
AG
Yeah. I'm merely suggesting the next up team winning NCs not the next to be like UConn. Carolina and Miss St have work to do on consistency. And you might imagine another maroon and white team in that mix if we can strengthen recruiting going forward.
Sq 17
It would be better if on the first day of the season there were more than 6 teams that people felt had a legit shot to win it all
Rudybryan

Where do you think these teams will stand next year?

Notre Dame
Baylor
Oregan
UConn
Stanford
Louisville
MSST
Maryland
Iowa State
Syracuse
Texas A&M
NC State
biobioprof
I dislike Baylor and Kim but I've always liked specific players. Hard to not admire Lauren Cox playing at that level with type 1 diabetes.
biobioprof
Bad start for ND. 25-14 Baylor after 1.
biobioprof
43-31 at half.
biobioprof
66-55 Baylor but Cox went down with an injury. Grabbed her knee and taken off to the locker room in a wheelchair and her parents were brought to see her.
aginlakeway
AG
biobioprof said:

66-55 Baylor but Cox went down with an injury. Grabbed her knee and taken off to the locker room in a wheelchair and her parents were brought to see her.

That was tough to watch. She's an impressive young woman.
rynning
AG
Looks like she broke her leg to me ... Friendly fire.
DannyDuberstein
AG
There might be twice as many points scored tonight vs. tomorrow night
biobioprof

4:55 remaining. tied at 74!
oklaunion
Kimmie is about to have a melt-down.
Danny Vermin
Wow, unfortunate for Baylor Cox went down. They can't stop the hot girl, Mabrey, and are probabaly gonna lose.
Danny Vermin
DannyDuberstein said:

There might be twice as many points scored tonight vs. tomorrow night

No doubt, Danny. This is actually pretty exciting stuff.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I almost never like the TO there. I want to take out it and push it up immediately before the defense can set up.
Danny Vermin
Baylor better not let hot girl shoot a 3.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Like going for the 2 there
DannyDuberstein
AG
Missed the one she wanted to make. Made the one she wanted to miss. Ballgame. Boo,
Hand Of God
AG
Arike didn't have any magic leftover after using it all last year.
Danny Vermin
Well good for them. They were the superior team by a lot with Cox .
aginlakeway
AG
That was a great 4th quarter.
Cedar09
Cant stand Baylor and their crazy ass coach!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.