How Far We Have Fallen

2,839 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Thymes
Rudybryan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
biobioprof said:

Rudybryan said:

You talk about Gary and Vic..........BUT noone mentions the one person that have taken both of them
on their trip to success.......

Johnnie Harris

She is a top notch recruiter she brought us Danielle Adams, T smith etc

McCown was her catch and everyone was AFTER her

As it takes a team and the floor it also takes a team in coaching.....

as for defense they have been coached it is called execution....that is lacking

I have praised Johnnie's recruiting many times, Rudy. The KC connection was very good for us. In addition to DA and Tanisha, don't forget the Silent Assassin, Tyra White! I've wondered why Johnnie and Kelly haven't gotten their own HC jobs yet. I thought either of them would have been a much better choice for Arkansas than Jimmy Dykes.

I wrote above that McCowan's recruitment was unusual. McCowan didn't sign anywhere on signing day even though she had good offers. I speculated that this was related to the post situation at Baylor, but that was just speculation. She didn't land at Miss State until the middle of April of her senior year: Then she had a verbal to Cincinnati before Miss State got her.

https://texags.com/forums/58/topics/2603268

Although we offered, I heard after that thread that she wanted to go to school further away from Brenham.
The word that comes to my mind when a student shops like that is " academics"
Rudybryan
Kelly's ready but I think she wants to go to a school up near Chicago......they have knocked on Kelly's
door but she hasn't jumped.

Johnnie Harris is qualified for sure but I don't see either one of them jumping into some of these
schools that keep changing coaches.

Comparing Vic and Gary ....... I remember an interview Vic did about 6/7 months after he left. He was
thanking Gary for giving him a good foundation for a HCoaching position. There is a huge responsibility difference between HC and associate HC.........Vic had had many offers and finally went out on his own
when he choose Ms Sate......

Vic is setting in a small friendly environment......a school with 22,000 students a football stadium that holds
61,000 vs 68,000 students with a football stadium that holds 102,000+. Where Gary has less support ......and we had 27 students to a game a little over a week ago out of 68,000.....if I was a student I would be embarrassed by the lack of student support.....and if I was Vic I would keep my ass in Ms State where they appreciate their team and their coaches.

biobioprof
Rudybryan said:

if I was a student I would be embarrassed by the lack of student support.....and if I was Vic I would keep my ass in Ms State where they appreciate their team and their coaches.
I regret that I have but one blue star to give.
Thymes
biobioprof said:

Rudybryan said:

if I was a student I would be embarrassed by the lack of student support.....and if I was Vic I would keep my ass in Ms State where they appreciate their team and their coaches.
I regret that I have but one blue star to give.
No doubt about this.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.