Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Financial Planner Needed

1,601 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by BizBroker97
saturn135
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm looking to hire a financial planner to assist me with a retirement plan and strategy as well as review my portfolio for any changes that need to be made. I so not planning to have any of my assets under their management, so a fee based structure is needed. Any recommendations are welcomed. I have one in mind, but would like to reach out in this financially minded forum.
nactownag
AG
I run a fee only RIA in East Texas.
I typically manage clients assets but I am able to offer a flat fee service like you may be wanting. I'm probably not going to be the cheapest option if that's what you're searching for, but I'd be glad to at least talk to you.

www.holisticplanning.com

OldArmyCT
AG
As a long time FA I gladly recommended fee guys to clients. The good ones are going to cost you money, the average cost ones will give you average results. The actual investment choices tend to look pretty much the same however. If you're smart enough to do your own investing you should be smart enough to do your own estate planning. I use an advisor to handle my investments for the simple reason that I'm old and widowed and 2 of my 3 kids would have my money spent shortly after my demise without my guy applying the brakes.
saturn135
Thank you for your insight. Yes, I'm smart enough to do my own estate planning, but I would like for someone in the industry to look over my portfolio every few years to ensure I'm on track and fine tune it. I'm still 10-15 years out from retirement although I'm eligible now.
SquareOne07
AG
saturn135 said:

I'm looking to hire a financial planner to assist me with a retirement plan and strategy as well as review my portfolio for any changes that need to be made. I so not planning to have any of my assets under their management, so a fee based structure is needed. Any recommendations are welcomed. I have one in mind, but would like to reach out in this financially minded forum.

Reach out and interview a few to make sure they're a good personal fit for you as well. I tell clients it's a lifelong commitment that you're going to want to be comfortable enough to tell them when the big (good and not so good) things happen.
SirDeofWood
AG
Where are you located? I know of a good company that I use in North Houston. He is an Aggie as well.
ktownag08
AG
Curious who this is?
BizBroker97
AG
I can refer you to several wealth managers - the catch is that the folks I work with specialize in advising business owners. They are great financial planners, but their niche is working with business owners and developing a plan that includes the eventual sale of a client's company and how to manage that cash infusion most effectively.

I'd be happy to make a few introductions for you if you fall into that client category.
jeremy@northstar-mergers.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.