Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Banking for Texas NonProfit Organization

366 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Illustrious Potentate
Aggiemike96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am the incoming Treasurer for a newly formed Texas Nonprofit Corporation. The IRS filing is pending, but we anticipate section 501(c)(3). As the treasurer, I seek suggestions for a bank that allows mobile transactions, as the officers are scattered throughout Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana.

Also, do you have any suggestions on how to handle electronic payments from members for dues, conference fees, etc.? Will Venmo, PayPal, or Zelle work? Or will we need to use Stripe or some other credit card processor?

I'm new to this process and welcome all feedback and suggestions. Thanks!
KC_Ag14
AG
Illustrious Potentate
AG
I'm treasurer for a non-profit. We use Association Sphere for our memberships and meeting/event registration. It's probably not the most user friendly option out there, but it works for us. We are a regional chapter and the national organization moved to it a few years ago.

We are also set up with Square to take payments directly at events - think raffle boards, etc. Square also provides an easy invoicing option that we use fairly often.

Regarding banking we use Chase, but I would expect any large bank covering the geography you mention would work fine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.