Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Tesla tanking

29,053 Views | 249 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by hph6203
oldarmyjess66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why are people loosing faith in Musk?
Tibbers
because you can't tell the difference between "loose" and "lose"

It's all your fault.

Also, their valuation was well above P/E and there are better more disruptive ventures to get involved in like HUMBL.
Hendrix
AG
About time. Just a stupid valuation.
AggieFrog
AG
Valuation way too high and increased competition. It makes zero sense why Tesla should ever be valued at more than the combined value of world's 7 largest auto makers. They've done a lot for EVs, but they will never dominate the entire auto industry once the traditional car makers make the switch.
Tibbers
AggieFrog said:

Valuation way too high and increased competition. It makes zero sense why Tesla should ever be valued at more than the combined value of world's 7 largest auto makers. They've done a lot for EVs, but they will never dominate the entire auto industry once the traditional car makers make the switch.

Which they already are posturing to do so. How many Tesla's have you even seen driving around?
TxAG#2011
Tibbers said:

AggieFrog said:

Which they already are posturing to do so. How many Tesla's have you even seen driving around?
I seem them everywhere in Dallas
Tibbers
TxAG#2011 said:

Tibbers said:

AggieFrog said:

30,000 dollar millionaires.
AggieFrog
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

Tibbers said:

AggieFrog said:

They stand out and I see more all the time, but still very small percentage of total vehicle sales. They sold 500k vehicles in 2020 - Toyota alone sold 2.1M in the US in 2020. All Tesla sales in 2020 is roughly equivalent to the number of Rav4s sold in 2020.
deadbq03
AG
Tibbers said:

AggieFrog said:

Not enough. I'd happily buy your bitters if you promise to deliver them to my house in a Tesla.
Tibbers
deadbq03 said:

Tibbers said:

AggieFrog said:

Not enough. I'd happily buy your bitters if you promise to deliver them to my house in a Tesla.

Done deal. I'll tape a "T" to my car. You'll never know the difference!
The Lurker
AG
oldarmyjess66 said:

Why are people loosing faith in Musk?
The stock is fairly valued with it's Q4 2058 earnings estimates after Space X allows Tesla to be the sole transportation provider on Mars.
Medaggie
Good time to buy the dip.
TxAG#2011
Medaggie said:

When you see the bears crawl out like this it usually is
AggieFrog
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

Medaggie said:

Tesla is about as likely to ever have fundamentals that match its current value as GameStop.
TxAG#2011
AggieFrog said:

TxAG#2011 said:

Medaggie said:

Tesla is about as likely to ever have fundamentals that match its current value as GameStop.
and?
Irish 2.0
Look at market techincals. Most of the stocks that had damn near parabolic moves during COVID are taking it on the chin during this correction in tech. TSLA is getting hit hard, but so are others. TSLA will see highs again before it sees lows again.
AggieFrog
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

AggieFrog said:

TxAG#2011 said:

Medaggie said:

and?

Buying Tesla shares is pure speculation, not investing. It will come crashing back to earth eventually.
Irish 2.0
AggieFrog said:

TxAG#2011 said:

AggieFrog said:

TxAG#2011 said:

Medaggie said:

and?

Buying Tesla shares is pure speculation, not investing. It will come crashing back to earth eventually.
What is 'back to earth'? Are you saying that TSLA isn't long for this world? Because there are several busted hedge funds that said the same thing and Musk is laughing his ass off as the 2nd or 3rd richest person in the world.

The entire tech market is in a correction. Do you think TSLA will revisit 52wk lows or 52wk highs first?

I'm not biased in this as I own no TSLA shares, However I do day trade the **** out of it regardless of which direction it is going.
AggieFrog
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

AggieFrog said:

TxAG#2011 said:

AggieFrog said:

TxAG#2011 said:

Medaggie said:

and?

What is 'back to earth'? Are you saying that TSLA isn't long for this world? Because there are several busted hedge funds that said the same thing and Musk is laughing his ass off as the 2nd or 3rd richest person in the world.

The entire tech market is in a correction. Do you think TSLA will revisit 52wk lows or 52wk highs first?

I'm not biased in this as I own no TSLA shares, However I do day trade the **** out of it regardless of which direction it is going.

Do I think Tesla will be around in 20 years? I'd bet 50/50 that it won't. By back to earth I mean a share price that reflects the reality of what it actually produces, which is a fraction of its current price. That might be in a few months or years, who knows. But the valuation right now is unrealistic.
Hendrix
AG
If Tesla opened 50% lower tomorrow I wouldn't touch it. Not a stock I want to own. Too much competition on the horizon and the whole "it's more than a car" thing is a bunch of bs. Wait till GM and all the others pop up. Won't be long.
TxAG#2011
AggieFrog said:

TxAG#2011 said:

AggieFrog said:

TxAG#2011 said:

Medaggie said:

and?

So all these other tech companies like apple and roku are also pure speculation also? Why are they crashing?
TxAG#2011
Hendrix said:

If Tesla opened 50% lower tomorrow I wouldn't touch it. Not a stock I want to own. Too much competition on the horizon and the whole "it's more than a car" thing is a bunch of bs. Wait till GM and all the others pop up. Won't be long.
That's cool. I personally like buying stocks that make me money.
Hendrix
AG
Same. Would much rather own AAPL or AMZN at these levels. GL!
ABATTBQ11
AG
https://www.thedrive.com/tech/39647/tesla-admits-current-full-self-driving-beta-will-always-be-a-level-2-system-emails
pfo
AG
Cathie Wood of ARK was on CNBC Monday talking about Tesla. She said they invented their own AI chip and are way ahead of Nvidia. She also said they have so much more data than everybody else and will dominate autonomous driving vehicles, which will be huge. She went on to say Tesla is so far ahead of everybody else the others will never catch up.

I was very impressed to learn Tesla could repair your car remotely by accessing your software.

Initially I made the mistake of valuing Tesla as a car company. Now I view Tesla as a technology company, invented and run by a genius that is changing the world. Musk is also Tesla's largest shareholder so his money is where his mouth is.

This summer we were in our boat in the Gulf awaiting the return of one of Musk's spaceships which was landing on a dime out there. And I thought "I'm making a mistake not investing in this genius". I finally bought the stock at $314.
Apache
AG
Quote:

Tesla is so far ahead of everybody else the others will never catch up.

Lol "Never".
LOYAL AG
AG
pfo said:

Cathie Wood of ARK was on CNBC Monday talking about Tesla. She said they invented their own AI chip and are way ahead of Nvidia. She also said they have so much more data than everybody else and will dominate autonomous driving vehicles, which will be huge. She went on to say Tesla is so far ahead of everybody else the others will never catch up.

I was very impressed to learn Tesla could repair your car remotely by accessing your software.

Initially I made the mistake of valuing Tesla as a car company. Now I view Tesla as a technology company, invented and run by a genius that is changing the world. Musk is also Tesla's largest shareholder so his money is where his mouth is.

This summer we were in our boat in the Gulf awaiting the return of one of Musk's spaceships which was landing on a dime out there. And I thought "I'm making a mistake not investing in this genius". I finally bought the stock at $314.
This is a valid take. Maybe not perfect, time will tell. But it's most definitely not just a car company. For example TESLA is also getting into the home power backup market with their Powerwall units. Right now you can go to Tesla.com/powerwall, enter your address and monthly utility bill and they will tell you the installed cost of solar panels for your home, the cost of however many Powerwalls it will take to support your home off the electric grid for in my case 10 days and any tax or utility incentives that may be available. IMO they will find countless other ways to leverage their head start in rechargeable battery technology and be a strong performer for a lengthy period of time.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Carlo4
AG
My financial advisor thinks Tesla at $560 is the buying opportunity of a lifetime. He didn't feel that way when you could get it a year ago at $350 pre-split and it's up 9x in a year.

EV play is a speculative bubble. Lots here made a killing early on so congrats! That's part of the rise of this stock. I think that part of the stock will crater in due time
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
LOYAL AG said:

pfo said:

This is a valid take. Maybe not perfect, time will tell. But it's most definitely not just a car company. For example TESLA is also getting into the home power backup market with their Powerwall units. Right now you can go to Tesla.com/powerwall, enter your address and monthly utility bill and they will tell you the installed cost of solar panels for your home, the cost of however many Powerwalls it will take to support your home off the electric grid for in my case 10 days and any tax or utility incentives that may be available. IMO they will find countless other ways to leverage their head start in rechargeable battery technology and be a strong performer for a lengthy period of time.

What's the advantage of the power wall vs a generator? Just that I don't need to keep diesel around?
SMM48
AG
You sell power back to grid with autobidder
SMM48
AG
You'd be wrong
SMM48
AG
Most folks who are buying power walls and panels. Also own 20kw home generators.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Tesla is a tech company - research V2X.

I am not disputing current valuation as a car company. Just suggesting widening your aperture
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
bmks270
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Tesla is a tech company - research V2X.

I am not disputing current valuation as a car company. Just suggesting widening your aperture

Take Revenues R:

R = C + E + O

R = Total Revenue
C = car sales
E = emission sales
O = all other sales

Can you do the work for us and find the values for the above variables and then divide O by R and tell us what the resulting ratio is?

O / R = ?

Then let's make a visual pie chart of these three slices:
O, C and E.

Once we have the data in front of us, make the case for the value of technology Tesla has that would fall into the Other category.

bmks270
AG
Champ Bailey said:

LOYAL AG said:

pfo said:

What's the advantage of the power wall vs a generator? Just that I don't need to keep diesel around?

Solar charge.
The fanatic prepper would have both.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.