Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Crypto-trading thread

813,798 Views | 8698 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
LatinAggie1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pepper Brooks said:

Generally speaking, the BTC/USD pricing cycles have driven crypto bull markets in the past. Look at the charts in Q3 2020 through the beginning of 2022 and rises and falls in the ****coin are likely very correlated to the rises and falls in BTC. That said, have you done that analysis in the following way? If so, what is your conclusion?

What would the price of BTC likely need to be to see $800 per coin?
If the price gets to $800 per coin, how much BTC could you reasonably expect to buy at the forecasted price if you did a swap?
Is it more or less BTC than if you were 100% Bitcoin from the day you first invested in adacoin, after factoring in taxes?

Excellent queries.

1. How much BTC do you believe needs to be owned by 2030 to fall into the 1% ? The narrative and players have changed with BlackRock and Fidelity filing for BTC spot ETFs and other institutions doingthe same.
2. I expect some alts to decouple from BTC after the upcoming bull cycle due to utility and adoption.
3. Yes, BTC's tide lifts all boats. However, the overwhelming majority of the space is currently stagnant with the exception of a few alts. Example: MILk and Iagon
Why? Both have been around for a couple of years and have kept developing through good and bad times. The teams are key as is their intentions. I leave it to you to research MILK and Iagon or this would take me all night.
3. I don't like charts generally. Imo, they are revisionist and self fulfilling indicators.
4. I believe BTC can reach $250k by Nov 2025 and would wager on $150k being the low end. My thoughts on the $800 per coin (assuming you mean MILK) are based on BTC being at $70k-$90k and market shifts*. I don't think the same leaders will remain on top. Imo, MILK is superior to Pancakeswap but Cake has a year head start advantage and on Binance. I should have used the largest Dex which is Ethereum based Uniswap because I honestly believe they will lose a large chunk of market share. Lots of investors, VCs, and companies, are in Eth as they were the first mover. Times have changed and folks are realizing that ETH is severely limited to other ecosystems. They are reliant on L2s for survival as opposed to L2s being symbiotic.

* market shifts - I think that we shall see triple the overall crypto market cap this cycle. That amount of new funds will carry known tokens to crazy new highs with volume alone. People will be more knowledgeable and will want to park their money in the tokens with the best tech and security. People looking for value amongst the best tech will migrate to new tokens.

I have BTC and keep buying it. I am likely already in the 1% depending on how the 1% iis calculated. I simply don't discuss BTC.
The amount of ADA I have is irrelevant when considering how much BTC I would own had the funds been allocated differently. I believe ADA to be the quarters, nickels, and dimes, to BTC being an ounce of Gold.

Just my opinions and gut. Good luck.

Edited to add: clarification - I don't see Cardano being in the currency battle per se, I see it being the ecosystem that is used to build on. My reference to coins and ADA was a poor choice but used to offer a distinction from BTC.

p-townag
AG
What amount of Bitcoin do YOU think lands one in the top 1%? I do think the "one full Bitcoin" threshold is a big threshold to cross.
LatinAggie1997
AG
p-townag said:

What amount of Bitcoin do YOU think lands one in the top 1%? I do think the "one full Bitcoin" threshold is a big threshold to cross.

I've read varying opinions from .10 to 15 Coins. I think it will end up being somewhere between .15- .30 BTC to be considered in the top 1% of BTC holders. By the time everyday people realize they should own BTC the institutions, corporations, governments, and HNWIs, will have made it expensive and difficult to obtain.

It won't simply be the cost but the reluctance for people to sell.
Adverse Event
LatinAggie1997 said:

That was a big problem and still exists just not as prevalent.

Most of the tokens I buy now are on Dexes and not even on centralized exchanges yet, although most will end up there.

I find it paramount to get in early and buy into tokens that have great tokenomics and transparennt distribution.

Maybe I should be specific. I haven't said or written the word tokenomics in 5+ years, until now.
XpressAg09
AG
My goal is to get one for me and one for each of my two kids.

If .15 BTC is going to be top 1%, I need to start living the good life now.
LatinAggie1997
AG
XpressAg09 said:

My goal is to get one for me and one for each of my two kids.

If .15 BTC is going to be top 1%, I need to start living the good life now.

Almost my exact goal. One each for me , daughter, granddaughter, and one community.
Closer and closer but window is closing for low prices.
p-townag
AG
Anytime I talk about Bitcoin with friends or family, I typically just tell them to make it a goal to have one full Bitcoin and hold onto it as long as they can. If you do that, you will have what only a maximum of 20,999,999 people could ever have…and due to lost coins and whales, you're probably only one of about 15 million or so (less than the population of the Netherlands).
LMCane
for those who own nearly a BTC

at what price point are you ever going to sell?
LihaiAg06
AG
I plan to hold ours for at least 10 more years but we'll see. At that point, I'm sure I'll have options if I want to use some of its value. Can probably take out a low cost loan against it..,for my kids education expense for example.
LMCane
p-townag said:

just to clarify-

you think if a person owns 1.0 of a BTC that makes them a top 1%er?

why would it be a big threshold to own more than one BTC? it was $17K like a year ago.
LMCane
LihaiAg06 said:

I plan to hold ours for at least 10 more years but we'll see. At that point, I'm sure I'll have options if I want to use some of its value. Can probably take out a low cost loan against it..,for my kids education expense for example.
so there are in the planning stages the ability to take out loans against your own bitcoin?!
LihaiAg06
AG
That is certainly coming and more. The possibilities will be nearly endless and the finance world is just now starting to get involved
p-townag
AG
LMCane said:

p-townag said:

just to clarify-

you think if a person owns 1.0 of a BTC that makes them a top 1%er?

why would it be a big threshold to own more than one BTC? it was $17K like a year ago.

I was just asking the question of what he thought the 1% threshold will be. I have no idea. The more the price goes up, the more difficult it will be to hit the 1 BTC threshold. There will be more profit takers selling off some of their BTC, and for new adopters, it will become cost prohibitive to reach the 1 BTC mark.

There's nothing magical about 1 BTC. It's just a nice round number that will become more and more difficult to obtain and maintain.
LihaiAg06
AG
LihaiAg06 said:

That is certainly coming and more. The possibilities will be nearly endless and the finance world is just now starting to get involved

I own crypto in retirement accounts also
ac04
LMCane said:

LihaiAg06 said:

so there are in the planning stages the ability to take out loans against your own bitcoin?!

this already exists and has for a while
TxAG#2011
Buying more SOL. That POS is gonna rip one day
techno-ag
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

Buying more SOL.
The SEC's security label doesn't bother you?
LihaiAg06
AG
I was hesitant after the ftx collapse but I'm on board as well. The community is still there and it's ecosystem is thriving and intact.
TxAG#2011
techno-ag said:

TxAG#2011 said:

Buying more SOL.
The SEC's security label doesn't bother you?

Lol no. That **** is meaningless. If anything, it gets pumped as a big **** you to the SEC.
LatinAggie1997
AG
1. Sol is centralized so it isn't meaningless.
2. Their tech is inferior. Shutdowns all the time.
3. They sacrificed decentralization and security for speed.
4. No way would I buy a token owned by VCs.

Just my opinion.
LihaiAg06
AG
To be fair, he did call it a POS. It will pump all the more because VCs are in it. Ride the wave with that one maybe
TxAG#2011
LatinAggie1997 said:

Just my opinion.
Your problem is thinking any of that has to do with price. Nobody cares about those thing.

All I care about is making money not how inferior the tech is. Even complete dogsh*t like ripple and litecoin still have people buying it.

LatinAggie1997
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

Just my opinion.
Your problem is thinking any of that has to do with price. Nobody cares about those thing.

All I care about is making money not how inferior the tech is. Even complete dogsh*t like ripple and litecoin still have people buying it.

Incorrect. My "problem " is that many retail investors will get rekt when VCs sell, so time your exit wisely.
TxAG#2011
Thanks Dad. I will be unloading the dog**** to those retail investors and not think twice
LatinAggie1997
AG
Did anyone get into Iagon?..if so, hopefully after doing some research and not merely because I like it.

Still doing well. Hoping it can continue.
Adverse Event
Is Tibbers still around? Whatever happened to HUMBL?
What bitcoin’s detractors don’t understand is monetary economics, computer science, software engineering, network protocols, and electrical systems.

It ain't much, but it's honest Proof of Work.
wsteed311
AG
Has anyone used https://pyramidexch.com/ ? I have a cousin, who is an investment professional that is promoting this site to friends/family. Thoughts?
wsteed311
AG
It looks like that site is where you see the balance of the trades they are making are done on platforms like FXTM, MetaTrader and Exness.
will25u
Secondary and programmatic sales of XRP NOT deemed a security! XRP Ripping!

TxAG#2011
Alts ripping. SOL getting sent booya

XRP still completely useless which is also hilarious
will25u
XRP up 80%+ in the last 24h.

AND... is the 4th biggest coin by market cap now passing USDC and BNB!

Hopefully there are a lot of XRP Holders here!

CoolaidWade
AG
will25u said:

I have about 5k shares of this annoying thing just because one of my buddies really think this is a generational wealth type of crypto and is all in. I would just like to get it to $1 and get rid of all of it.
Adverse Event
will25u said:

What bitcoin’s detractors don’t understand is monetary economics, computer science, software engineering, network protocols, and electrical systems.

It ain't much, but it's honest Proof of Work.
Viper16jr
AG
I've been holding XRP for over 3 years.... It's amazing how clueless people are.
“We're Americans, we'd rather die on our feet, than live on our knees."
will25u
XRP along with XRPL is positioning itself to be THE bridge currency between other FIAT currencies.

FEDNow is working with Ripple, along with other countries banking systems like Japan.
First Page Last Page
Page 233 of 249

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.