Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Crypto-trading thread

781,490 Views | 8577 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by ac04
will25u
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Adverse Event
LatinAggie1997
AG
Fascinating!
That Cardano depiction and the BTC/ETH maxis sharing a uncommon trait - anal incontinence.
Adverse Event
Hahaha

Heres Latin everytime he proselytizes for Charles

Get the brown off your nose, son.
LatinAggie1997
LatinAggie1997
AG
Good stuff
Adverse Event
We're all having fun.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Adverse Event said:

We're all having fun.

Far more accurate had I been "rimming and stroking" Cardano as opposed to CH.
Adverse Event
It all comes out in the wash. You'll wise up, might take another halvening but you'll get there eventually. I appreciate you.

LatinAggie1997
AG
How ironical!!

Engineering decisions and not emotions are precisely why I am in BTC and a handful of alts. Most of my holdings are within the Cardano ecosystem with the exception of 3 - ONE, Gala, and Shib. Been holding those for years so no reason to not allow the space to run it's course and divulge their fate.

As for my Cardano ecosystem holdings - I am extremely bullish on most and slightly bullish on the rest.
LMCane
I could make a profit now on my BTC

time to sell?

or you guys are HODLERS forever?
ac04
would you "take profit" on your USD by trading it for argentinian pesos? the USD is up 100%+ in the past year!
LatinAggie1997
AG
Don't be the new pizza guy. The numbers would be different but the sentiment the same come 2030.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Been a great week for my Iagon and Milk.
LihaiAg06
AG
Thoughts on injective INJ?
LatinAggie1997
AG
LihaiAg06 said:

Thoughts on injective INJ?

Speaking only for myself, I don't know anything about it. I am focused primarily on specific Cardano ecosystem tokens. I am keeping my funds centric and accumulating those as opposed to the past where I bought many tokens across multiple ecosystems.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Wondering how high we can go....

Bought in May : Iagon ($.0087) & milk ($1.11)
Considering the tokenomics and the big picture it is still early.
Bought another nice bag of Gero at the discount price of $.0035 which will hopefully blast off in 10-18 mos.

Cardano ecosystem, the ghost chain, looking to GRB this bull run.

Pepper Brooks
AG
LatinAggie1997
AG
Net free on those two and almost doubled my bags... 4X and 6X in 2 months.

No longer a gamble, strapped house money to this rocket which has cleared the tower, hopefully shooting past the moon to uncharted price discovery this bull run.
Adverse Event
Diassociating your behavior from gambling because it's "free money" doesn't change the fact that it's still gambling and still sucks your attention other potential endeavors...

HTH.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Adverse Event said:

Diassociating your behavior from gambling because it's "free money" doesn't change the fact that it's still gambling and still sucks your attention other potential endeavors...

HTH.

I just bought another .115 BTC with the original funds withdrawn from my calculated investment on milk and Iag. If folks insist on calling DD and instincts gambling, then compare it to Blackjack or Baccarat instead of roulette. I believe in the projects and have nice bags that I can watch worry free during the bull run.
techno-ag
AG
I threw some pocket change at POLY when it was at .11. Now it's at .13. Kinda fun. Not mortgage fun, but nice to see.
LatinAggie1997
AG

$140 today put into Gero wallet gets you 30,000 tokens. If it just reaches it's previous all time high in the next 12-24 months that's $30k.

So, for the cost of 10 Whataburger meals you could possibly have a new Nissan Altima or 1 yr college tuition.

Edited to add: that's long term capital gains.

Casey TableTennis
AG
LatinAggie1997 said:

$140 today put into Gero wallet gets you 30,000 tokens. If it just reaches it's previous all time high in the next 12-24 months that's $30k.

So, for the cost of 10 Whataburger meals you could possibly have a new Nissan Altima or 1 yr college tuition.

Edited to add: that's long term capital gains.

Already enjoyed a couple of drinks tonight, so need some help with the math; are you saying if it just goes up a little over 21,400%…?
LatinAggie1997
AG
Yes.
It has already been that high and since then they have made advances to their platform.

Bookmark my post so all can laugh at me in 18 months, or you'll wonder exactly how I did on ADA, MILK, Iag, Copi, NTX, C3, Gero, WMT, Agix.

Edited to add: or wait 6 months until it gets to $.10, and panic buy. I prefer to do some DD and look for value buys early on, and ONLY put into it what I am ok losing. Small calculated risk vs big reward. Luckily for all I only invest my money.
Pepper Brooks
AG
Pepper Brooks
AG
LatinAggie1997 said:

Yes.
It has already been that high and since then they have made advances to their platform.

Bookmark my post so all can laugh at me in 18 months, or you'll wonder exactly how I did on ADA, MILK, Iag, Copi, NTX, C3, Gero, WMT, Agix.

Edited to add: or wait 6 months until it gets to $.10, and panic buy. I prefer to do some DD and look for value buys early on, and ONLY put into it what I am ok losing. Small calculated risk vs big reward. Luckily for all I only invest my money.

Tell me again how this isn't gambling? This is near verbatim what I told my wife the last time I wanted to pull more than we bugeted out of the ATM while in Vegas for work.

"I'm on a heater and know what I'm doing! It's not our savings or the kids college fund… we will be fine if the worst case happens!"
LatinAggie1997
AG
I was specific that if compared to gambling it is closer to Blackjack than Roulette. However, no amount of DD assists in your odds at BJ but can increase the odds in crypto.

Do some research. Do the hard reads. Deep dives into the team members, the white paper, the roadmap, their approach, and competitors. And, always read the comments from devs and engineers, who like to point out flaws and discuss novelties and technicals. It helps me.
LihaiAg06
AG
I haven't been following y'all's specific convo and I haven't learned about most the coins you're in. However if people are saying crypto is all gambling, I agree that they need to do their own research.

Crypto is no doubt the future of finance.

Yes, there is scams out there in the industry. There will be plenty of weeding the bad out over the coming years. Crypto is here to stay. Either learn now and give your family a head start on the technology. Or, reject and get left behind.
Pepper Brooks
AG
I played the crypto lotto from 2020 to Q3 2021. You can go find my posts from that time in this thread.

It is 100% similar to a lottery or roulette when you have a centralized entity developing a wholly/partly closed source token. Read as many white papers, marketing docs, YouTube breakdowns, etc. as you want but it boils down to
A) you hoping they don't pivot from what they've said they're going to do; and
B) the use case being considered useful by a broad audience.
Adverse Event
LatinAggie1997 said:

I was specific that if compared to gambling it is closer to Blackjack than Roulette. However, no amount of DD assists in your odds at BJ but can increase the odds in crypto.

Do some research. Do the hard reads. Deep dives into the team members, the white paper, the roadmap, their approach, and competitors. And, always read the comments from devs and engineers, who like to point out flaws and discuss novelties and technicals. It helps me.

I bet you can find a word for word exact quote from me back in 2017, peak ICOcraze.

Then I recognized exchanges were getting fed pre-ico tokens and favors to list coins, lots of backroom talk to pump and dump, all sorts of shenanigans and minimal actual technological innovation.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Luck and incessant ongoing research have kept me from scams, rug pulls, and about faces .[knocks on wood]

Again, I listed the Cardano ecosystem tokens I am in plus the few others - Harmony One (fairly big bag(, Shib (fairly big bag), Gala (small bag), Algo (small bag).

I've been in these for a while and will wait them out. The next 12-24 months will reveal if I "chose wisely " or "chose poorly ".

So far my picks if Milk and Iagon have been stellar. Imo, both are still early and can be some of the best performers next bull cycle.

Laugh now and get it out of your system...prepare yourselves....imo,

Milk could potentially land between $150 -$800 per token at the peak of the next cycle. Yes, it will need to continue to gain market share but compared to Pancakeswap it has better tokenomics and a better team imo. Cake has reached $44 ATH with a current fully diluted valuation over 1.1 billion and max supply 750 million :: Milk 50 million fully diluted valuation with max supply of 10 million tokens

Iagon could potentially reach $5-$200 (Filecoin has double the total supply and is inferior imo) yet Fil has reached $236 ATH with a current fully diluted valuation of over 8 billion max supply 2 billion :: Iag fully diluted valuation 70 million total supply 1 billion

Data source - CoinGecko
LatinAggie1997
AG
That was a big problem and still exists just not as prevalent.

Most of the tokens I buy now are on Dexes and not even on centralized exchanges yet, although most will end up there.

I find it paramount to get in early and buy into tokens that have great tokenomics and transparennt distribution.

p-townag
AG
1. Buy as much BTC as possible
2. Buy as much MSTR as possible
3. ???time???
4. Profit
Pepper Brooks
AG
Generally speaking, the BTC/USD pricing cycles have driven crypto bull markets in the past. Look at the charts in Q3 2020 through the beginning of 2022 and rises and falls in the ****coin are likely very correlated to the rises and falls in BTC. That said, have you done that analysis in the following way? If so, what is your conclusion?

What would the price of BTC likely need to be to see $800 per coin?
If the price gets to $800 per coin, how much BTC could you reasonably expect to buy at the forecasted price if you did a swap?
Is it more or less BTC than if you were 100% Bitcoin from the day you first invested in adacoin, after factoring in taxes?
First Page Last Page
Page 232 of 246

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.