Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Crypto-trading thread

813,963 Views | 8698 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
TxAG#2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alright well if they only sold Bitcoin they would have died off in 2017.

Ultimately they are going to get a slap on the wrist here and keep operating.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

Lmao at the government actually selling their Bitcoin on Coinbase yet knowing this since 2019.

Do you have a link to that? Not that I doubt you.
Adverse Event
TxAG#2011 said:

Alright well if they only sold Bitcoin they would have died off in 2017.

Ultimately they are going to get a slap on the wrist here and keep operating.

And that's an impossible claim to make.
TxAG#2011
Definitely Not A Cop said:

TxAG#2011 said:

Lmao at the government actually selling their Bitcoin on Coinbase yet knowing this since 2019.

It says in the suit they're accused of operating as an unregistered exchange since 2019
TxAG#2011
I don't feel sorry for morons who can't identify the actually correct bitcoin. It's not hard. "Trick" yea ok.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

TxAG#2011 said:

It says in the suit they're accused of operating as an unregistered exchange since 2019

No I meant a link showing that the SEC was using Coinbase. I was looking for one, but right now all I can find is news of the lawsuit from today.
Adverse Event
"I'm going to diversify my crypto" said all the idiots.
TxAG#2011

TxAG#2011 said:

TxAG#2011 said:

No I meant a link showing that the SEC was using Coinbase. I was looking for one, but right now all I can find is news of the lawsuit from today.
https://u.today/40000-btc-moved-on-coinbase-by-us-government-whats-happening

No evidence they actually sold anything via Coinbase but they were using it in some capacity
TxAG#2011
Adverse Event said:

"I'm going to diversify my crypto" said all the idiots.
I don't even understand why people care that much. People can buy whatever they want.
Adverse Event
Education and low time preference behavior incentives versus learning behaviors related to gambling and high time preference nonsense that got us where we are as a decaying human society today (esp. American).

Bitcoin is an agent of change, and distracting from that with gambling is something that I personally abhor
will25u
TxAG#2011
Adverse Event said:

Education and low time preference behavior incentives versus learning behaviors related to gambling and high time preference nonsense that got us where we are as a decaying human society today (esp. American).

Bitcoin is an agent of change, and distracting from that with gambling is something that I personally abhor

Bitcoin is a pump and dump shtcoin like the rest of them. Look at the chart. All your philosophical bs is ultimately aimed at selling higher.
MRB10
AG

You're right. You really should avoid Bitcoin.
Adverse Event
You mist have me pegged for someone who thinks of bitcoin in dollars.
TxAG#2011
Pepper Brooks said:

You're right. You really should avoid Bitcoin.

That's really not what I said. It's a great vehicle for making money, as seen in your old video that I first saw 5 years ago which just confirms my point.

Not really useful for anything else except tax complications. I own several myself.
MRB10
AG
You're entitled to your opinion. It's very clear we both see value in it but disagree about what the value is.
ac04
hard to imagine owning several bitcoin and still not understanding how it's different than whichever ****coins you own. probably time to figure it out though.
XpressAg09
AG
Owning Bitcoins and having dollars on a site like RobinHood "dedicated" to the equivalent number of Bitcoins are different things. Not everyone who is in the latter is aware of that.
TxAG#2011
In case I missed it, what ****coins are we eyeing this cycle?

Got my eye on Arb. Also think Pepe could be the shib of this cycle
Adverse Event
XpressAg09 said:

Owning Bitcoins and having dollars on a site like RobinHood "dedicated" to the equivalent number of Bitcoins are different things. Not everyone who is in the latter is aware of that.

My newest employee mentioned that he was watching crypto trading this morning and we had a long talk.
LatinAggie1997
AG
https://iohk.io/en/blog/posts/2023/06/07/iog-response-to-the-recent-sec-filings/
hunter2012
AG
Looks like it's time to purchase more bitcoin:
LatinAggie1997
AG
Something stinks. ETH was declared a non security prior to switching to POS and again afterwards. ETH has never been nor will ever be as decentralized as Cardano.

I'm not going to state my theory on here but many will be rekt.

This will likely cause major changes to digital asset classifications and tiers.

Cardano will set the standard and it will be the beginning of the end for others. CH and IOG planned for this and have been ahead of the curve.

Whirligigs
Here comes the delistings and exchanges stopping US deposits. Whatever.
The D
AG
Something just happened. Everything is down lien 20%
mavsfan4ever
AG
Cardano is getting killed right now (it has been for a while but it's plummeting quickly)
tysker
AG
margin call?
MRB10
AG
https://coingape.com/ada-sol-and-matic-tank-10-each-after-robinhood-delisting-will-more-exchanges-follow/
LatinAggie1997
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Cardano is getting killed right now (it has been for a while but it's plummeting quickly)

Not worried long term. However, folks should see this for what it is - protection of the status quo. Dollar dominance, TradFi, and control.

The US is again fearing change as other countries are embracing it.
We sent off our chip and pharmaceutical capabilities and now we are running off digital assets.

The US will have to resort to versions of the Chips Act and other lessons unlearned from relying on foreign manufacturing of our pharmaceuticals.

ADA had an ICO in Japan. No one entity controls ADA, not IOG, not the CardanoFoundation, and not Emurgo - expectations of profit from efforts of whom exactly? I bought some ADA on Coinbase with zero expectations of the efforts Coinbase to generate me a profit.
ADA is sold on secondary markets without profits rolling into a common enterprise or single entity. The investment into ADA is multifaceted and purposeful, as it can be for profit in a bull run or for utility - one can purchase ADA to play Cornucopias game and exchange for gaming NFTs.

ac04
proof of stake coins are securities.
LatinAggie1997
AG
ac04 said:

proof of stake coins are securities.

Brilliant, explain!
ac04
staking is an investment contract where individual investors contribute crypto to staking pools with the expectation of receiving a reward while relying on the efforts of the pool's node manager.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Central to classification as a security is ongoing reliance for profits derived primarily from the efforts of others - "the investment of money in a common enterprise with a reasonable expectation of profits to be derived from the efforts of others."

Both consensus mechanisms [proof-of-work and proof-of-stake] are explicitly designed to avoid any such reliance by creating an open competition amongst strangers wherein any self interested participant can and will fill the gap left by any other unresponsive, corrupt, or censorious participant,

Staking reward in Cardano is determined by the validator's own efforts. It does not "solely depend on efforts of others." The validators are putting efforts into maximizing their up-time and remaining connected to the network.

There is no promoter. Cardano is a decentralized and open-sourced project. Anyone can join the network as a validator. They are rewarded or slashed based on their actions through the codes of smart contracts. The rewards they receive are not due to the efforts of any promoters or issuer.
ac04
ok
LatinAggie1997
AG
ac04 said:

ok

Precisely.
First Page Last Page
Page 230 of 249

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.