Business & Investing
Sponsored by

So if BABA and JD get delisted, what does that mean...?

1,634 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SMM48
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For offloading those shares? Maybe a dumb question, but does that mean we won't have the ability to sell off down the line? Hoping I don't have to dump my shares esp as I am just catching wind of the potential delisting bill. I'm still up heavily on both, but profits cut in half overnight.
MAS444
AG
Yeah I'm way up JD too and wonder if I should consider selling or continue holding long.
RightWingConspirator
AG
So, I must have missed something today. What has caused you to wonder this?
"But it is easier to purchase products that denote superiority than to be actually superior in economic achievement." - Thomas J. Stanley
RightWingConspirator
AG
I ask because I am long JD.
"But it is easier to purchase products that denote superiority than to be actually superior in economic achievement." - Thomas J. Stanley
zgolfz85
AG
RightWingConspirator said:

So, I must have missed something today. What has caused you to wonder this?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fool.com/amp/investing/2020/11/30/why-jdcom-stock-was-falling-today/
SMM48
AG
Let's say they are delisted. Believe I read the time frame would be 2-3 years away....so it wouldn't be immediate.

Chamonix
So what price can you get for something everyone knows will be delisted?
badharambe
AG
Plenty of years to get EY to help them carry a fraud forward like they did with wirecard

AgAE
AG
It's my understanding that BABA follows GAAP. If so why would they be delisted?
Squirrel Master
AG
Because the assertion "they follow GAAP" is something that is opined on by their auditor. The PCAOB regulates audit firms. China refuses to allow the PCAOB to inspect Chinese firms in a meaningful way. So the audit of these Chinese filers can be suspect.
SMM48
AG
You would still hold your shares. Except stock would trade on otc market.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.