Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Side Money?

23,530 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ac04
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ogre09 said:

What are y'all talking about? Sounds shady...

They're talking about working with companies that pay you money to add people with crappy credit to your card as "authorized users". They don't get a card and aren't supposed to be able to spend anything, but you basically let them "float" on the card while you continue to use the card so your good stewardship of your CC helps them earn some good credit history.

From what I can tell it is against the terms of most CC and even the sites I found describing how to set it up basically indicate you may want to ask your card if you can add authorized users without telling them why....because if they know why apparently most of them will shut it down.

752bro4
AG
2 of the top 10
schwack schwack
AG
Any updates/warnings? I have a 1999 or so Citibank card with a high limit. I've consistently used it for business expenses so the balances have been high & paid in full monthly. I was going to cancel it but did a search on Good Ole Texags for info on doing this & was correct that it has been discussed before. Seems like a good way to make some extra $$ - y'all still feel that way?

62strat
AG
Didn't see this mentioned, but for a few years a while back I did secret shopping. I think it was 2008, I did enough shops to get about $1000 worth of restaurant food for free, plus another few hundred in actual payment.

Do it a while, and you can start to get high paying shops. There are stories of people going on cruises paid for by shopping company. Of course, it takes time to do reports, but you start to pick and choose which ones get the best bang for your buck. The best ones I did where alcohol compliance shops. I'd get $25 or so in free food and drink, and all I had to report was whether or not the bartender/waitress ID'd me. I did pappadaux/citos, TGIFridays, buffalo wild wings, a few others. But you had to be under 28 for most of them, so that went away.

Also, did one recently that was for pick up orders using phone or app for BJ's pizza. Got like $35 worth of food, and just had to take pics of the food once I got home and a few other quick questions.

While it's a longer report (2-3 hours), I did two $100+ dinner shops, one at Houston's and the other at Kona Grill. Worth it to me.

***************************************************************************************************************************
Another idea, if you're a musician, join a band and play some shows. It's pretty good money, anywhere from $100-$300 a night. From 2007-2011, I made about $35k playing shows in a cover band, about 70-75 shows a year. It was 90% cash too. If you get into the wedding band or corporate party circuit, even better, your pay can shoot up to $500 or more a show.
cretzloff
AG
ac04 said:

i gamble on the NFL and sell gambling advice to other people. i will clear $10k this season between the two.
I heard about someone doing this. The degenerates eat it up and just keep going further and further down the hole. How do I get in on this? I can be your Man in Vegas*

*in San Antonio.
ac04
cretzloff said:

ac04 said:

i gamble on the NFL and sell gambling advice to other people. i will clear $10k this season between the two.
I heard about someone doing this. The degenerates eat it up and just keep going further and further down the hole. How do I get in on this? I can be your Man in Vegas*

*in San Antonio.
many pick services attempt to take advantage of people, but that's not what i'm doing. my degenerates have profited for all 5 seasons i've been doing this. many of them thousands per season depending how many books they have. i'm not scamming people, just grinding away taking advantage of bad lines being posted by bookies.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.