Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Netflix

8,018 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by M.C. Swag
20ag07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
The question is does Netflix deserve a multiple of 32? Hell no.
Tonto_Baggins
The P/E of 32 is still a bit high for my personal tastes (When I am looking for a deal), but like I said, I made my move based on its price action the last 3 days in relation to how bad the rest of the market was.

I think the argument can also be made that Netflix is still in a growth market. Thus the growth P/E.

[This message has been edited by Tonto_Baggins (edited 9/25/2011 12:50p).]
Tonto_Baggins
Cashed out of Netflix.

Wanna see what the Amazon tablet looks like then might wade back in. Rumors include Amazon Prime (Instant Streaming) being included free for a year.

[This message has been edited by Tonto_Baggins (edited 9/26/2011 6:01p).]
20ag07
quote:
Sell off has been tremendous and I believe the path of least resistance is up at the moment. I also believe that the outrage is being amplified by our social media. 42% of people are cancelling all together? Cuz its $6 more? Gimme a break.

Netflix streaming has never been strong on new releases. That hasn't changed and Redbox has always been the better option for that.

Netflix has been a extremely well run company except for how they handled the price increase. Management team hasn't gone stupid overnight. They had a pretty big blunder, and after a 57% drop, I think that has already been accounted for.
So what happened to all this BS from three days ago?
Tonto_Baggins
Amazon struck a new deal with a movie studio and I also read that their new tablet will get announced on Wednesday. That plus Amazon prime free for a year rumor tells me they are more serious about getting in to this business than I expected.

So, I take my $400 gain and wait.
Tonto_Baggins
Looks like Netflix breaks lower.

Where are the pats on the back for me?
jh0400
AG
What did you buy when you sold your three shares?
jm94
AG
113.19 -13.95 -10.97%
20ag07
Pats on the back for day trading? On Friday (at which point everyone already knew about the Amazon tablet release) you claimed that it was an oversold well-run company in growth mode. On Monday, you completely reverse-course and and sell out based on information you should have already known if you had any knowledge of the environment it was operating.

Congrats on your $400 pre-tax short term gain!
Nom de Plume
AG
Don't spend it all in one place.
stonana
AG
Tonto,

How many did you buy to make $400 profit? You bought when it was down severely. It looks like you just got lucky...
Tonto_Baggins
I owned 155 shares.

Unfortunately, most of that $400 will find its way into jh0400's, & 20ag07's pockets after they get done cleaning out my swimming pool & mowing the lawn this weekend.

There is always some luck involved in the stock market. Netflix floundering when the market proceeded to (somewhat) rally Friday & Monday wasn't what I was looking for.

[This message has been edited by Tonto_Baggins (edited 9/29/2011 7:08p).]
Tonto_Baggins
quote:
Pats on the back for day trading? On Friday (at which point everyone already knew about the Amazon tablet release) you claimed that it was an oversold well-run company in growth mode. On Monday, you completely reverse-course and and sell out based on information you should have already known if you had any knowledge of the environment it was operating.

Congrats on your $400 pre-tax short term gain!

Please tell me this information you speak of. Do you mean the invitation announcement that was released on Friday? The day after I bought? Perhaps you meant the announcement that Amazon just signed a new contract with Fox, effectively doubling their content? Oh wait, that was announced over the weekend....

And my opinion of the companies management team and growth potential is unchanged. Doesn't mean it won't get cheaper though.

[This message has been edited by Tonto_Baggins (edited 9/29/2011 7:00p).]
jh0400
AG
I could have sworn that baggins was that dumb**** ludlum. I guess I was wrong.
jh0400
AG
Also, a $3 per share gain on NFLX is just a solid intra-day move. Nice investing instincts bro.
Tonto_Baggins
I'm guessing your losses lately have gotten the best of ya. A tanking market brings out the vitriol!

"bro"

[This message has been edited by Tonto_Baggins (edited 9/29/2011 7:18p).]
jh0400
AG
So you sold 155 shares at $297 for a $400 profit. If you would really brag about risking $40,000 to make $400, then you are a ****ing idiot.
Tonto_Baggins
quote:
So you sold 155 shares at $297 for a $400 profit. If you would really brag about risking $40,000...

What the heck are you talking about

[This message has been edited by Tonto_Baggins (edited 9/29/2011 7:41p).]
jh0400
AG
NM, I had you confused with netscape.

I still think that NFLX is priced too high dollar-wise to **** around with.

You probably made a whole 2%.

[This message has been edited by jh0400 (edited 9/29/2011 7:51p).]
Tonto_Baggins
Please report to my pool @ 8am sharp.

The one thing that I was lucky about was that Netflix didn't sell off immediately on Monday after the invitation was released plus Fox content deal. I'm assuming it was the Dreamworks deal and the lingering strength from the prior week. A couple days later (today) that strength disappeared as investors finished contemplating the Kindle Fire release. What was surprising was that the trap door opened today at open, not yesterday. The market lately has been sell first, ask questions later so I was expecting it to sell off yesterday.

[This message has been edited by Tonto_Baggins (edited 9/29/2011 8:05p).]
Tonto_Baggins
NFLX down another 20% after hours!
jm94
AG
quote:
The puts I sold yesterday morning have since lost $2600 of their value. I got f'n lucky.
These were 6 December puts (3 @ $250, 3 @ $225) from July that I sold for $1000 profit at the time.

I'm pretty sick over it.
Tonto_Baggins
How much profit would you have made if you held on?
jm94
AG
About $90,000 if my math is right.
Tonto_Baggins
JBMJBM
AG
Netflix is doomed. CEO is a moron and should be shot.
Aggie09Derek
AG
JBMJBM said:

Netflix is doomed. CEO is a moron and should be shot.

M.C. Swag

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.