Luggage recommendations

524 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by txags92
alabamaaggie12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a checked bag specifically, one that can hold a lot but keep me under 50 pounds. With durable wheels! Have never had a hardside but have heard good things about Delsey.

Have had mainly soft-sided expandable Travelpro, but last trip my checked bag came down the return belt with clothing spilling out. Zipper was compromised but ultimately not damaged, so I am not sure what happened…and nothing was missing.

Anyway, I don't completely trust review searches, so any anecdotal recs would be appreciated!
Marauder Blue 6
AG
I've been happy with my Bigger Carry-on by Away.

https://www.awaytravel.com/suitcases/bigger-carry-on?color=jet_black
alabamaaggie12
AG
Have not heard of them…but they look like they have all the features I am looking for. Thanks! Have to ding them for not having a maroon option

scd88
AG
I've had Delsey expandable hard cases for a few years now. I've used them for Cabo, London, and multiple trips to India. All the wheels still work. Very tough.
Kurt Gowdy
AG
I'm exclusively carry-on and have beat a Monos Bigger Carry-On to death.

My wife has the Away Bigger Carry-On.

Don't fall for the marketing like I did on Monos. The Away is a much better bag.

While my Monos has held up, the wheels seem to gum up at times and pushing the bag is a pain. Further, the handle telescopes back into the case such that if the case is very full, the handle has a hard time expanding. My wife packs much more than I do and never has an issue.
tu ag
AG
I want in on this question too. Looking for a new checked bag as of this weekend, when I noticed holes in my old bag. Samsonite soft sided. Lasted a good while, but looking for something to get me through for a long time.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
alabamaaggie12 said:

Have not heard of them…but they look like they have all the features I am looking for. Thanks! Have to ding them for not having a maroon option

Keep an eye on their website. They change their colors often. They've had burgundy before.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Away makes checked luggage as well.

https://www.awaytravel.com/shop/cafe-edit?category=suitcases
CDub06
AG
I've got a Burgandy checked bag from Away.
txags92
AG
They are not cheap, but we have a couple of rolling duffels from Osprey that are really well built and have been very durable. The wheels are easy to replace when they eventually wear out (they all will eventually).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.