Austin to Boston (to Acadia) in October?

720 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by jpb1999
jpb1999
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This may be a dumb question, but we are thinking about going from Austin to Boston to ultimately go to Acadia and maybe Halifax, NS in mid-October. Is there any concern with going to the NE coast in Ocotber during an election year? Probably not a concern, but it popped into our heads so wanted to just vet that out a bit.

It will be me, my wife, and 2 boys, 9 and 11.

Any attractions that are must-see in those areas?

TIA!

Spane Bohem

dallasag_123
I would really like to know what you think might happen??
jpb1999
AG
Like I said, it's probably a stupid question. If no worries, that is all I need.

Just making sure I am not missing something obvious, with politics in overload just a few weeks away from election day. Will things get busier?

Spane Bohem

Wicked Good Ag
Busier ??

In Maine ??

Well the leaves change around that time in New England so I guess that will be a factor. But based upon politics ??

In Maine ?? NO
jpb1999
AG
Mainly talking about the air travel from either AUS or DFW to Boston. Hence the title saying Boston. Plus would plan to spend a day or 2 in Boston.

Of course I understand Maine is more rural and will not be that busy.

Spane Bohem

malenurse
AG
Mid October is prime leaf viewing in NH and VT.

We did a similar trip, flying into Boston and renting a car. Stayed 2 days in Maine (Portland area) then to White Mt NP in New Hampshire and the Stowe, VT.

When we were in Maine, most of the shops and touristy businesses were closing up for the season.

Still, plenty to do and see. Best time of the year to go there, in my opinion.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
jpb1999
AG
Thanks! That is what I heard as well, but when on website it says more the end of Oct and Nov. I left a message at their chamber to actually talk to someone about that.

Also thinking about going to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket one day. Or just Cape Cod? Anyone been? Also seeing Plymouth or Revere's stops. I think kids would love the historical aspect.

Spane Bohem

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.