New CDC Guidelines - ALL persons entering the US must have negative COVID test

10,143 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tmtxco
encinoag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NoahAg said:

And people think I'M crazy for believing the vaccine will become mandatory. This CDC guideline is just 1 step.
A negative test result is required even if you have had the vaccine!!
Post removed:
by user
Robert C. Christian
AG
CastleRock said:

Is there any chance they will modify this order before it takes effect on 1/26?

I don't think so because of the Biden administration but that is a gut feeling and I have 0 proof to back that up. I am just hoping something (good) happens prior to my April trip.
schmendeler
AG
I just received an email from United saying there is a waiver in place for travel dates through 2/15.

Not sure what that means.
encinoag
AG
schmendeler said:

I just received an email from United saying there is a waiver in place for travel dates through 2/15.

Is that only a waiver for United Air or all US citizens traveling and returning before that date?
schmendeler
AG
encinoag said:

schmendeler said:

Is that only a waiver for United Air or all US citizens traveling and returning before that date?

It wasn't clear. At first I thought it meant the latter but now I'm wondering if it's just a fee waiver for rebooking.
encinoag
AG
schmendeler said:

encinoag said:

schmendeler said:

It wasn't clear. At first I thought it meant the latter but now I'm wondering if it's just a fee waiver for rebooking.
Unfortunate, but probably the correct interpretation. I do not see how the airlines could change a federal guideline.
Both my wife and I have been vaccinated and are scheduled for PV, MX first week of Feb. Crazy that we should need to test to return. Seems like they are going to create a black market for fake test results
aggiejumper
AG
Bingo
YouBet
AG
encinoag said:

schmendeler said:

encinoag said:

schmendeler said:

Unfortunate, but probably the correct interpretation. I do not see how the airlines could change a federal guideline.
Both my wife and I have been vaccinated and are scheduled for PV, MX first week of Feb. Crazy that we should need to test to return. Seems like they are going to create a black market for fake test results
Especially in Mexico and rest of LATAM simply due to corruption and lack of formal structure. I wonder if Western Hemisphere travel will make gains against EU travel because it will be so easy to get a negative test result there. I have zero idea what those leisure travel flows look like though in normal times.
Old Army Ghost
schmendeler said:

United will waive the fare difference for customers rebooking international tickets originally purchased on or before January 12, 2021, for scheduled travel to the U.S. through February 15, 2021.
Old Army has gone to hell.
Post removed:
by user
strohag
AG
Was planning on booking trip with a group of couples for May or June. We will be waiting to see how this plays out before committing.
tamc93
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Can you imagine the complete cluster this would be on a full international flight in a foreign country to verify all of this prior to boarding.
Yes. I already saw the cluster with people trying to leave the US.

Horrible policy and the future is bleak.
matthewj042
AG
I'm supposed to be in Cabo last weekend for 3 days. Should I call American Airlines about an exemption or just take a chance and try to find a covid test the day we arrive (only a 3 day trip)
YouBet
AG
matthewj042 said:

I'm supposed to be in Cabo last weekend for 3 days. Should I call American Airlines about an exemption or just take a chance and try to find a covid test the day we arrive (only a 3 day trip)
I would only do it if you have a very flexible schedule and don't need to be back anytime soon. Too much uncertainty with this crap right now.
JMac03
AG
matthewj042 said:

Where you are going to be staying? I am starting to get info of what resorts are offering onsite testing and/or free testing. (For instance, Hard Rock Los Cabos is providing free onsite testing)
schmendeler
AG
i sent an email to the person at le blanc cabo i had been corresponding with regarding this new testing requirement yesterday but haven't heard anything back yet.

eager to hear when/if you hear about le blanc.
breezecustomtravel
AG
I haven't heard from Palace Resorts/Le Blanc just yet - I've been receiving emails from other resort brands to let us know if tests will be available on site and if there will be a cost.

I'm thinking they'll announce soon just trying to sort things out.
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
schmendeler
AG
thanks!
encinoag
AG
matthewj042 said:

I was scheduled for PV, MX the first week of Feb. I called the hotel to ask about local testing. They have arrangements with a local health clinic, but you have to make a reservation and the cost is $260 US dollars per person. That is a ridiculous price
The Chicken Ranch
AG
I have a trip to the Caribbean in June. I have to have a negative PCR test prior to departure. I'm not sure how I will accommodate the return test.

I am hoping to have the vaccine before our trip. Wonder how that would affect it?
dodger02
AG
According to the cdc's current directive, vaccine status doesn't matter.
mel99
AG
I just spoke with our resort in Playa and the cost is $200 per person for the test. It will be done onsite.
AgsMnn
AG
What are current guidelines?
The Chicken Ranch
AG
I just saw that. That is stupid. What's the point in the vaccine if it doesn't matter?

Hopefully all our hotels will have a test that we can all take.
JMac03
AG
schmendeler said:

i sent an email to the person at le blanc cabo i had been corresponding with regarding this new testing requirement yesterday but haven't heard anything back yet.

Palace/Le Blanc is including it free of charge at their hotel.
Post removed:
by user
schmendeler
AG
JMac03 said:

schmendeler said:

Palace/Le Blanc is including it free of charge at their hotel.
damn! that's a nice bonus. thanks for that info!
TX04Aggie
AG
Looks like i am gonna get one last weekend in Mexico before this starts. Might as well. Ive already had covid so dont feel like paying for a test to return stateside.
dodger02
AG
Resort websites are starting to update. Secrets Maroma has free testing and offers free 14-day stay if you have to quarantine.

EPM also has free on-site antigen testing.
schmendeler
AG
Le Blanc testing policies

very cool
2wealfth Man
AG
dodger02 said:

According to the cdc's current directive, vaccine status doesn't matter.
That's ridiculous. We have put all these resources and technological advances into getting a set of mRNA vaccines that are 95+% effective and they act like they don't even exist. Who are these goofballs making these decisions. If you have completed your second vaccine you should be good to go.
dodger02
AG
If you completed your second dose, you're 95% protected against developing coronavirus disease (I.e. having symptoms). You can still be an asymptomatic carrier.

But this is the Travel board.
YouBet
AG
dodger02 said:

Resort websites are starting to update. Secrets Maroma has free testing and offers free 14-day stay if you have to quarantine.

EPM also has free on-site antigen testing.

Damn. You are going to get some bug chasers with that kind of deal out there.
2wealfth Man
AG
dodger02 said:

If you completed your second dose, you're 95% protected against developing coronavirus disease (I.e. having symptoms). You can still be an asymptomatic carrier.

But this is the Travel board.
Not to derail the thread but your viral load is going to be almost insignificant as a vaccinated individual and I expect we will still be masking and social distancing for a bit until the vaccine gets the contagion factor below 1 and we see cases decrease. There is no clear evidence for asymptomatic transmission in vaccinated individuals as it relates to other viruses unless we are dealing with an escape variant of the virus. The CDC knows this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.