New CDC Guidelines - ALL persons entering the US must have negative COVID test

10,034 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tmtxco
The Chicken Ranch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag CPA said:

Three months from now this is going to be the policy across the globe:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/seychelles-waives-quarantine-vaccine/

We will finish our vax regiment in early Feb. Let's hope this is in place before our trip in June.

What's the point of the vaccination if you still have to wear a mask and quarantine?
Phat32
AG
Sorry, I vehemently disagree with having people inject something into their body in order to visit your country. Equating it to a light interview/plastic card (Global Entry) is completely false.

All of this hysteria has been fanned by the media, and these smaller countries are just going along with it hook line & sinker. It's disgusting.

Not to mention that the "vaccine" apparently does not prevent spread and only helps with more severe cases. That is not a vaccine but a therapeutic.

If you are scared of this virus, you should not be booking trips to the Seychelles. You might have a higher chance of dying on the plane flight there.

TexasAggie008
AG
don't get me wrong - i don't like the idea either - all i'm saying is i'm much more "triggered" by lockdowns/mask-virtue signaling than i am by getting a vaccine (as a means to travel intl, which i value a great deal)

imo its hard to be anti-lockdowns, anti-masks, AND anti-vaccine...but thats just me.
schmendeler
AG
yukmonkey said:

Sorry, I vehemently disagree with having people inject something into their body in order to visit your country. Equating it to a light interview/plastic card (Global Entry) is completely false.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccination_requirements_for_international_travel

lots of countries require a vaccine for yellow fever, or polio, or meningitis to allow entry.

this isn't something new.

Quote:

Not to mention that the "vaccine" apparently does not prevent spread and only helps with more severe cases. That is not a vaccine but a therapeutic.
i'm going to need to see some evidence to back this up.
Pro Sandy
AG
Going to be extremely frustrating when we can't stop the spread and return to normal because people who claim it is just hysteria refuse to get the vaccine.

I look forward to travel returning to normal and if me getting a vaccine helps us achieve the needed health levels to allow normal travel, sign me up.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
I totally agree Sandy!
maroon10
AG
So will this requirement be here all year?

10 year anniversary trip was going to be planned for October somewhere to a beach where SW flies...but now may have to make a plan b for US travel.
Ag with kids
AG
I wonder what the constitutionality is with denying a legal US citizen entry into the US. Yeah yeah. I get the COVID and all that, but still. A US citizen is not allowed into their own country???? BTW, I'm not trying to F16 this. It just seems like a bad precedent.
2wealfth Man
AG
Pro Sandy said:

Going to be extremely frustrating when we can't stop the spread and return to normal because people who claim it is just hysteria refuse to get the vaccine.

I look forward to travel returning to normal and if me getting a vaccine helps us achieve the needed health levels to allow normal travel, sign me up.
Yep, I don't get the attitude or logic; just learn about science. Vaccines actually work.
schmendeler
AG
Ag with kids said:

I wonder what the constitutionality is with denying a legal US citizen entry into the US. Yeah yeah. I get the COVID and all that, but still. A US citizen is not allowed into their own country???? BTW, I'm not trying to F16 this. It just seems like a bad precedent.
You can enter the country. But airlines are not allowed to fly internationally arriving passengers that have a positive COVID test.
Ag with kids
AG
schmendeler said:

Ag with kids said:

You can enter the country. But airlines are not allowed to fly internationally arriving passengers that have a positive COVID test.

So...the US Government is going to do this to US Citizens?
schmendeler
AG
Ag with kids said:

schmendeler said:

Ag with kids said:

The airport in that movie was in America and the guy wanted to leave the airport after arriving. The people with positive tests won't be getting on a plane in other countries to come here at all.
Potcake
AG
Ag with kids said:

Hypothetical, if you had no identification, for whatever reason, would it be unconstitunional to deny you entry, even though a citizen?
Ag with kids
AG
schmendeler said:

Ag with kids said:

schmendeler said:

Ag with kids said:

The airport in that movie was in America and the guy wanted to leave the airport after arriving. The people with positive tests won't be getting on a plane in other countries to come here at all.
JFC...

Seriously?

Do you not get the point I was making?

SOOOOOO...

The US Government will make US citizens stay in countries that they don't live in if they don't provide the test results.

What if those US citizens don't have enough money to stay in a hotel? Or pay for the test? What about if their visas have expired?
schmendeler
AG
I'm not saying it's not troublesome for those traveling abroad. But your analogy was off.

Anyway, if you are traveling internationally, it's not like you can say that you weren't warned that a flight back will be impossible for some time if you test positive.

I'm curious to see if it sticks anyway when the first round of news stories about people stuck in country X unable to get home for two weeks start hitting the news.
Ag with kids
AG
schmendeler said:

I'm not saying it's not troublesome for those traveling abroad. But your analogy was off.

Anyway, if you are traveling internationally, it's not like you can say that you weren't warned that a flight back will be impossible for some time if you test positive.

I'm curious to see if it sticks anyway when the first round of news stories about people stuck in country X unable to get home for two weeks start hitting the news.
JFC.

It was a person stuck in an airport because he couldn't get to his home country.

This is not rocket surgery.

But, considering your posting on F16 I'm not surprised.

You're a dedicated libertarian that supports absolute government control over it's citizens.
strohag
AG
Speaking of kids my parents have already told me and my wife they will not be watching out kids if we try to to do a Mexico vacation or leave the country. They do not want the risk of being stuck watching the kids for 14 days on top of the vacation time. We have both already had covid and have no plans of getting the vaccine anytime soon. I'm sure tourism for Mexico, etc is already slow so this will be very interesting to see how it all plays out.
schmendeler
AG
Ag with kids said:

schmendeler said:

JFC.

It was a person stuck in an airport because he couldn't get to his home country.

This is not rocket surgery.

But, considering your posting on F16 I'm not surprised.

You're a dedicated libertarian that supports absolute government control over it's citizens.

1. He wasn't trying to get to his home country. He was leaving his home country and trying to enter America.
2. No one is going to be stuck in an airport because of this.
Potcake
AG
Why do the Politics posters feel the need to incessantly s*** on every board? This is not a political issue. You don't want the vaccine then don't travel. That is totally your choice.
Ag with kids
AG
Potcake said:

Why do the Politics posters feel the need to incessantly s*** on every board? This is not a political issue. You don't want the vaccine then don't travel. That is totally your choice.
It wasn't meant to be a political issue.

It's a logistics issue. Getting into the US from outside the US.

Schmendler is being how he always is on F16. He thinks he's the smartest poster on the internet.
Potcake
AG
Schmendeler isn't the obe that steered thread to a political rant/discussion. The second post of the thread was a thpical F16 post. The politics crap picked up over the last couple of pages mainly driven by you and the monkey.
Ag with kids
AG
Potcake said:

Schmedler isn't the obe that steered thread to a political rant/discussion. The second post of the thread was a thpical F16 post. The politics crap picked up over the last couple of pages mainly driven by you and the monkey.
It wasn't meant to be political (and I even said that).

It's a serious question regarding this rule that the government made. Kind of hard not to bring the government into the issue there.

Asking about the constitutionality is not political, it's legal.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
They will have to back off of this as it will decimate the Caribbean, again.

If you are planning a trip abroad, I'd just do my best to complete the vaccine regiment prior to departure. I will long before my trip. When I come back from my trip, with a negative outbound test and a negative inbound test, and having been vaccinated, I'm going about my life.

Also, trip insurance will cover those extended stays if you purchased it.
tmtxco
AG
It will be interesting to see (or maybe it's already been seen and I missed it) if a card showing you have had one or both vaccine doses will be sufficient in lieu of a negative test.

A false positive or even picking it up after being vaccinated could really throw a wrench in a trip.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.