Colorado trip? Aggie discount for Breckenridge & Crested Butte

10,876 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by The Pilot
proudaggie02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stanky said:

Stayed in the Breck condo in July. Perfect location. Easy access. Had everything we needed. Highly recommend taking advantage of this offer if you are looking to get into the mountains fir a few days.
I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Breckenridge, and thanks for the opportunity to host you and your wife!

I just wanted to mention to everyone that the Breckenridge condo is available from August 25 - September 5, and it is basically wide open beginning September 8th. It's a great place to spend time in the Fall.
proudaggie02
AG
I'm bumping to mention that the Breckenridge condo is still available for 11 straight nights from August 25 - September 5, and it is basically wide open beginning September 8th. Depending on the length of stay, I will offer an Aggie discount between 20-40% off.

Feel free to email me at breckloftds@yahoo.com if you have any questions or interest. It's a great place to wind down the summer or spend time in the Fall.
texagpilot
AG
Going to be in Breckenridge next week, in another place since OP's place wasn't available. Best rec for activities with a 3 and 1 yr old? Looked into gondola, hike to "troll", main street, etc. Also any restaurant recs.
JustPanda
AG
Leadville to Climax train ride
Georgetown Railroad
Lake Dillon/Frisco Adventure Park (walk the peninsula) or Water Shuttle
Breckinridge Mine tour
BreckCreate - Muddy Buddies and Creative Play for Pre-K
Cucumber Gulch Preserve Tour - Free
River Park & Playground
Prospector Park
Kingdom Park
High Line Railroad Park
Edwin Carter Discovery Center
Phat32
AG
I'll add rent a pontoon boat on Lake Dillon. That was a blast.
proudaggie02
AG
My favorite restaurants in Breckenridge:

BREAKFAST:
-Cool River Cafe: great bagel sandwiches and pastries, good burrito, and they serve delicious Huckleberry Coffee out of Denver. I eat here a ton because it's right by my place, but it's really good.
-Breckfast: love this place; great menu; love the biscuit with fried chicken, the burrito, and the waffles.
-Columbine Cafe (traditional sit down); I haven't been in a while but I think their Huevos Rancheros are popular.
-Blue Moose: people love their burrito; traditional breakfast.

LUNCH/DINNER:
-Burgers: A couple great options in Empire Burger and Flipside.
-American: Canteen, Downstairs at Eric's.
-Italian: Giampietro is my favorite, and Michael's is good too. I also like Luigi's for pizza, beer, and good sandwiches.
-Mexican: Mi Casa is in my building, and it's solid... nice views too.
-Other: Above The Blue (food hut on Park Avenue near Main St on the south side of town; menu but great gyro and really good pulled pork tacos/sandwiches and cheesesteak); Duggan's for sandwiches; the crepe standMain St is good but not good enough to wait more than 10 minutes.

FINE DINING: Hearthstone (steak), Relish, and Aurum.

DESSERT: Mountain Top Cookies, Stir Pan Creamery, and Clint's.
texagpilot
AG
Thanks for all the recs! Breck was awesome last week with the snow and cold weather, such a break from the sauna soup here in Houston. Kiddos had a blast. Was too cold to do a lot of the outdoor activities above.

Will add a few recs:
Restaurants: Aurum, Kenosha Breck, Breckenridge Distillery, Blue River Bistro, Daylight Donuts (great breakfast, more than donuts), Briar Rose steakhouse, Lost Cajun, Canteen, Bagali's, Pho on Main, MountainTop Cookie, Stir Pan Creamery

Activities
- Walk the main street and towns of Breck and Frisco.
- take gondola up to ski area, ride alpine slide
- Breckenridge Stables for horseback ride in mountains, wife and 3yr old loved it
- Highline railroad park, neat old trains and playground
- Drove Boreas Pass rd to Como, great mountain pass dirt road, especially in the snow. Made a loop from Breckenridge east to Como, SW to Fairplay on 285, N to Breck on 9.
- Sapphire Point overlook at Dillon reservoir
- Drive from Keystone east on 5 to Montezuma
- Troll hike (for kids) by ice arena
- recommend drive back to Denver on 285 versus I-70 if you have time. Beautiful road.
- wanted to do more hiking, but was cold and muddy after the snow.
proudaggie02
AG
I just wanted to mention that I have quite a bit of availability in both Breckenridge and Crested Butte for ski season. Please let me know if you're interested, and I can give you an Aggie rate/discounted quote.

If interested, please reply here or email me at breckloftds@yahoo.com .
Drake aTm
AG
I'd be interested to stay there next week if possible. Still looking at dates

19-23
proudaggie02
AG
^
I appreciate your interest. Are you wanting to stay in Breckenridge or Crested Butte?

Both CB places are booked at least 3 of those nights.

Breckenridge is available the first three nights; you could arrive 12/19 and depart 12/22. Please let me know if you're interested in those three nights, and I'll send you price if you are.
Drake aTm
AG
19-22 would be perfect for Breckinridge!

proudaggie02
AG
^
Nice. Please email me: breckloftds@yahoo.com
Drake aTm
AG
Sorry for the let response. Just sent an email!

What is the situation in Colorado? Is everything pretty much closed due to covid? Any Christmas events or hiking available?
proudaggie02
AG
I responded to your email and look forward to hosting you. It looks like several restaurants in Breckenridge opened for in-person dining today at 25% capacity, under the 5-Star Certification variance program.

Breckenridge has a nice vibe to it on the two trips I've made in December. Stores are open and people seem happy to be there... the main difference has been the lack of indoor dining.
2wealfth Man
AG
proudaggie02 said:

I responded to your email and look forward to hosting you. It looks like several restaurants in Breckenridge opened for in-person dining today at 25% capacity, under the 5-Star Certification variance program.

Breckenridge has a nice vibe to it on the two trips I've made in December. Stores are open and people seem happy to be there... the main difference has been the lack of indoor dining.
Who is open; I need to make some reservations ASAP.
Drake aTm
AG
Any good place to watch the rest of the game? Just landed
proudaggie02
AG
2wealfth Man said:

proudaggie02 said:

Who is open; I need to make some reservations ASAP.
Approved for opening yesterday:

BoLD
Breckenridge Tap House
Breckenridge Distillery
Breckenridge Pour House
Castaways Cove
Columbine Caf
Daylight Donuts
Downstairs at Eric's
Gold Pan Saloon
Hearthstone
I Scream Gelato
Little Bar and Grilled
Modis
Motherloaded Tavern
Northside Pizza
Ollie's Pub and Grub
Quandary Grill
Rootstalk
Sauce on the Maggie
Windy City Pizza
proudaggie02
AG
Just wanted to update that Breckenridge is open for indoor dining at 25% across the board, and I believe some restaurants are allowed higher capacity. The governor mandated this effective 1/4/21, and ski capacity has been increased too.

Crested Butte has continued to be in very good shape relative to other ski towns. I believe they're at 50% dining capacity, and the vibe is great.
AustinAggie08
AG
ProudAggie02,

I've been contemplating taking a little vacation in February to either Crested Butte or Breckenridge, but haven't quite nailed down a date. I've been researching buying a Colorado investment rental for my personal enjoyment as well if you'd be willing to chat at some point I'd like to hear your thoughts and experience with CO. My email is AustinAg2008@gmail.com if you've have the time.
proudaggie02
AG
I'm bumping this thread for Summer 2021:

I'LL OFFER AN "AGGIE DISCOUNT" AT ANY OF MY 3 PLACES, INCLUDING A CONSIDERABLE DISCOUNT ON STAYS OF AT LEAST 4 NIGHTS AT ANY OF MY CONDOS. THERE IS MORE AVAILABILITY AT MY PLACE IN THE HEART OF BRECKENRIDGE BUT ESPECIALLY MY PLACE IN BRECKENRIDGE:

-Breckenridge: It's in the best spot in Breck in my opinion. Great people watching from the balcony, and tons of good dining/shopping/drinking options within a 1-3 minute walk.

[url=https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12714404?source_impression_id=p3_1593728023_QqJ9ladKt5o64qAq&guests=1&adults=1][/url]https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12714404?adults=1&check_in=2021-08-25&check_out=2021-08-27&federated_search_id=d20f0faa-e2ae-45fd-acb0-e48bb01a8ef5&source_impression_id=p3_1624919779_3NGWZ4qAD%2Fw%2BKbtI

-Mt Crested Butte: I have 2 condos that are 2 doors apart, so a larger group can be accommodated by booking both if interested. The heated pool/hot tub in CB are great, and it's location is perfect... 2 minute walk to the ski base area & a 50-yard walk to the free shuttle bus to downtown CB (or it's a 4-5 minute drive). The pool is currently closed, but it will likely open this weekend.
[url=https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/26236370?source_impression_id=p3_1593728472_DhfM0xbZw0wmckIw&guests=1&adults=1][/url]https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/26236370?adults=1&check_in=2021-08-10&check_out=2021-08-12&translate_ugc=false&federated_search_id=af49c034-ee9d-4a5a-ab69-624821253b71&source_impression_id=p3_1624919909_TLLwBchVtsYnRHaz

[url=https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/35655070?source_impression_id=p3_1593728822_Q3UVHUYmHATBatAF&guests=1&adults=1][/url]https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/35655070?adults=1&check_in=2021-08-10&check_out=2021-08-12&translate_ugc=false&federated_search_id=af49c034-ee9d-4a5a-ab69-624821253b71&source_impression_id=p3_1624919947_FTQ8w1zvhvjU1Tw4

*Like most places in the mountains, none of my places have A/C but it cools down pretty well (I have a few Lasko fans in each place).
rrose
AG
My in-laws emailed you yesterday about staying at your place. Their email is jimynan1961@gmail.com. They are trying to do a last minute trip to Colorado and I mentioned your place to them. They are also looking at a place in Keystone that they always stay.
proudaggie02
AG
rrose said:

My in-laws emailed you yesterday about staying at your place. Their email is jimynan1961@gmail.com. They are trying to do a last minute trip to Colorado and I mentioned your place to them. They are also looking at a place in Keystone that they always stay.
I responded to them a little earlier. I hope it works out to host them.
The Pilot
AG
We are looking for a place in Summit County late Aug for 4 nights but need it to be pet-friendly, we have a Berner. Just want to verify the Breck place is not pet-friendly.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.