Iceland

1,349 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by pimplepopper
TXCityAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I see that Iceland is going to allow visitors beginning no later than June 15. You just have to take a test at the airport upon arrival. Anyone been? I'm thinking of booking for late June but honestly don't know much about it. Iceland has always been one of those "oh that would be a cool place to go" type places that I never really seriously looked into.
bthotugigem05
AG
Not a place I'd want to be forced to quarantine if I pop a test, very expensive food and drink, but man the scenery is amazing
YouBet
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

Not a place I'd want to be forced to quarantine if I pop a test, very expensive food and drink, but man the scenery is amazing
I wouldn't mind it if you have the money. We went last year and it was damn amazing. But you are right alcohol is insane. We didn't find the food prices much different than Dallas restaurants though. If you don't drink, you are probably fine.
bthotugigem05
AG
YouBet said:

bthotugigem05 said:

I wouldn't mind it if you have the money. We went last year and it was damn amazing. But you are right alcohol is insane. We didn't find the food prices much different than Dallas restaurants though. If you don't drink, you are probably fine.

I like that insanely expensive microbrewery in Vik too much!
07ag
AG
insanely gorgeous and unearthly looking, quite expensive. one of my main goals when i went was to see northern lights, if you're looking to do the same you won't see them in June, only september'ish to march'ish
https://ts.la/eric59704
YouBet
AG
Make sure you take an all-day super jeep tour. They will get you off the beaten path into the central part of the country that is hard to get to on your own.

We went in August. Hottest part of the year at around 50-55 degrees during the day.
rcaper
Awesome beauty!! Expensive and all meat products are horsemeat( raises for consumption) rent a car and do the Golden loop....spent 7 nights there last summer!
rcaper
YouBet
AG
rcaper said:

Awesome beauty!! Expensive and all meat products are horsemeat( raises for consumption) rent a car and do the Golden loop....spent 7 nights there last summer!
Not all. You can get reindeer which was exceptional the one time we had it.
Mookie
AG
Go to the ***** museum.
Ulrich
Mookie said:

Go to the ***** museum.

This is not one of the five-letter censored words I hoped it was.
pimplepopper
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

YouBet said:

bthotugigem05 said:

I like that insanely expensive microbrewery in Vik too much!
We went there! Very close to our hotel. Beer was awesome and food was pretty solid too.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.